Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 677

post #6761 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by max883 View Post

I used thermal grizzly kryonaut on my Evga GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 SC. And my fann speed never goes above 40% smile.gif Fann at auto in presision X and 120% power and 50+ gpu and 250 mem

before I had a MSI 980 Ti gaming. Temps were 75. and fann speed 66%

Now with EVGA 1080 ACX SC temps are 76 and fann speed 38%! thumb.gif With 60% fann speed temps drop to 61.c biggrin.gif

I'm going to order some of this for my GTX1080 Founders Edition. I'm hoping to see a big difference.

The FE coolers are terrible on the DIE contact area. I think the coolers work sufficiently enough. And they are really not all that bad. I'm a big fan of the FE cards.

But, the heatsink is very rough, with gaps, and holes in it where it touches the die. I imagine lapping it, and using thermal grizzly would improve temps by itleast 10C.
post #6762 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juub View Post

Thinking about the same. Although the GTX 1080's are very good, they fall a bit short of running every game at 4K/60fps. A 25-30% boost would really make 4K/60fps a reality for all current games and would leave some headroom for upcoming games in the next year or two. Unless they do something about the voltage and power delivery to allow for higher overclocks, the 1080 even in SLI won't be quite good enough for 4K with no compromises in the future(it already isn't).

I'm not really sure if it will be worth it. The Ti will be $900.00, so once first released they will be out of stock and price gouging.


If I could get $575 for my card, and add $325. That would be a little better.

I think Nvidia is doing something different with the TI, maybe a huge power limiter, like 135% or even 150%.

And they can run at a solid 2.4Ghz lol.

That would be worth it.
post #6763 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by tps3443 View Post

I'm not really sure if it will be worth it. The Ti will be $900.00, so once first released they will be out of stock and price gouging.


If I could get $575 for my card, and add $325. That would be a little better.

I think Nvidia is doing something different with the TI, maybe a huge power limiter, like 135% or even 150%.

And they can run at a solid 2.4Ghz lol.

That would be worth it.
Why would the 1080 Ti be 900$? It'll be 699$ tops. Pascal is 30$ more expensive than Maxwell for the same model. There's no way you're selling a 900$ card. That's Titan's territory. They won't go above 749$ if they wanna sell anything.
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6764 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juub View Post

Why would the 1080 Ti be 900$? It'll be 699$ tops. Pascal is 30$ more expensive than Maxwell for the same model. There's no way you're selling a 900$ card. That's Titan's territory. They won't go above 749$ if they wanna sell anything.

Find me a GTX 1080 that costs $30 more than what the GTX 980 did, which in turn was priced higher than the GTX 680 to begin with.
post #6765 of 11112
I agree...at the price point that the 1080 released at, I believe the 1080ti will be around $850 - $900 for the Founder's Edition.
post #6766 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

Find me a GTX 1080 that costs $30 more than what the GTX 980 did, which in turn was priced higher than the GTX 680 to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellinious View Post

I agree...at the price point that the 1080 released at, I believe the 1080ti will be around $850 - $900 for the Founder's Edition.
Sorry, mean 50$, not 30$. I was talking about the MSRP. Can't do much about sellers price gouging us. The 1080 is supposed to retail for 599$ but the cheapest I've seen was 629$ I believe. I believe the 1080 Ti will launch at an MSRP of 799$ for the Founder's Edition and 699$ for non-reference models. With retails price hikes then yeah' we'll likely to see some hit 900$.

I hope NVIDIA will drop the 1080 to 549$ for the non-reference and 649$ for the reference. It would leave some headroom to price the 1080 Ti at 699$. Would be even better if they don't pull that crap of FE.
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6767 of 11112
Ill just leave this here.

ti Classified
Edited by jleslie246 - 10/1/16 at 11:57am
Coco
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Samsung PRO 128G SSD Samsung EVO 850 500G SSD WD 1TB Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD 1TB Black WD 1TB Black LG BD R/W Custom 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG Corsair K70 EVGA 850 G3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Logitech G9x Logitech SoundBlaster Z SB1500 
  hide details  
Reply
Coco
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Samsung PRO 128G SSD Samsung EVO 850 500G SSD WD 1TB Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD 1TB Black WD 1TB Black LG BD R/W Custom 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG Corsair K70 EVGA 850 G3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Logitech G9x Logitech SoundBlaster Z SB1500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6768 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juub View Post


Sorry, mean 50$, not 30$. I was talking about the MSRP. Can't do much about sellers price gouging us. The 1080 is supposed to retail for 599$ but the cheapest I've seen was 629$ I believe. I believe the 1080 Ti will launch at an MSRP of 799$ for the Founder's Edition and 699$ for non-reference models. With retails price hikes then yeah' we'll likely to see some hit 900$.

I hope NVIDIA will drop the 1080 to 549$ for the non-reference and 649$ for the reference. It would leave some headroom to price the 1080 Ti at 699$. Would be even better if they don't pull that crap of FE.

Uh, no. The FE opened at $699 retail. Still selling at that price, in the NVIDIA website.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080
post #6769 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellinious View Post

Uh, no. The FE opened at $699 retail. Still selling at that price, in the NVIDIA website.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080
Yeah but the non-FE is 599$ MSRP hence why I said the MSRP is supposed to be 599$.
Edited by Juub - 10/1/16 at 3:45pm
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
HKiNg 2.0
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Z97 Sabretooth Mark 2 PNY GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 500GB Kingston Digital 480GB Western Digital Black Caviar 500GB Seagate Backup Plus 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 500 GB PNY CS1311 960GB Corsair H60i Windows 10 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HM 850 Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Cougar 700M Gaming Mouse Turtle Beach Earforce Bravo  
AudioAudio
Logitech X-230 ASUS Xonar U5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6770 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juub View Post

Why would the 1080 Ti be 900$? It'll be 699$ tops. Pascal is 30$ more expensive than Maxwell for the same model. There's no way you're selling a 900$ card. That's Titan's territory. They won't go above 749$ if they wanna sell anything.

You actually think the 1080 Ti is going to launch for $100 cheaper than the 980 Ti launch price, despite the fact that the 1080 launched for $50 more than the 980?

Keep on dreaming. The $900 estimate is probably spot on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club