Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GTX 1070/1080/TITAN X(2ND GEN) BIOS - Who has it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 1070/1080/TITAN X(2ND GEN) BIOS - Who has it? - Page 5  

post #41 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0l4n View Post

When you say power modding, is that the CLU method or some other kind of softmod?

clu on the 3 shunt resistors wink.gif
post #42 of 600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbringer View Post

worked like a charm! thumb.gif


nothing special, but I figured I might as well post the bios of my Gigabyte 1080 FE

Now, I did some experimenting with power modding and managed to completely eliminate power restrictions which gave me another 100MHz core and 300MHz memory.

But now I am stuck at 1.093V. Since I dont want to do any permanent modding by soldering resistors on to the pcb and ****, is there any bios available yet that allows for more volts, like up to the Nvidia limit of 1.25V?

We cannot edit the bios yet and I would suspect that all of the reference GPUs use the same voltages. Flashing a custom PCB BIOS to a reference GPU is asking to bring your new 1080. Flashing another reference BIOS should work but it's probably pointless.

The method he is describing to shunt the resistors is reversible however it most definitely voids your warranty. I have faith that the community will find a way to mod the BIOS and nobody will have to worry about hard modding...for now, it's all we got. smile.gif
post #43 of 600
Here's the GTX 1070 FE bios, asus branded(not that it matters for FE) used nvflash 5.287

I get PerfCap PWR limits, can someone get a bios with 120% power limiter for 1070 and post it here please(basically all the non FE ones)

ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB @ 2100mhz core 9216mhz mem @ 73C, 63% fan custom curve.

mem goes past 700 didnt try further cause of diminishing returns, very small gains above 600 2-5 score, not worth it.

GTX1070FE86041E0001.zip 149k .zip file
Edited by Stoogie - 6/15/16 at 3:12am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.4ghz, 1.236v, HT on Asus Maximus VI Hero   Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce OC 4GB @ 13... 16gb(2x8gb) G.Skill Trident DDR3 @ 2400mhz 10-1... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD(Main) Corsair Neutron XT 240GB SSD(Games) Toshiba MD04ACA400 4TB 7200RPM(Anime) External: Western Digital Elements 4tb(Anime Ba... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital WD20EARS 2tb 5400RPM(Trash) Western Digital WD20EARS 2tb 5400RPM(Trash) Corsair Hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler Case Fans: 8x 120mm Xigmatek Green Led Fans @ 7... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit Asus ROG Swift PG278Q LG 25UM57  Corsair Vengeance K70 Black Anodised Mechanical... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1050 +PSU Silicon Spacer Coolermaster HAF 932 Razer Deathadder 4G 2013 Edition @400 dpi Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Speed Refresh 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Soundcard: SupremeFX Realtek ALC1150 Onboard Speakers: Swan M10 Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50S 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Microphone: Blue Microphones Snowball USB Micro... FiiO E10K DAC/AMP  Thermaltake iBox 5.25" Storage Draw Black Lian Li 5.25 to 3.25 bay adaptor 
Other
Black PS4 Controller 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.4ghz, 1.236v, HT on Asus Maximus VI Hero   Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce OC 4GB @ 13... 16gb(2x8gb) G.Skill Trident DDR3 @ 2400mhz 10-1... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD(Main) Corsair Neutron XT 240GB SSD(Games) Toshiba MD04ACA400 4TB 7200RPM(Anime) External: Western Digital Elements 4tb(Anime Ba... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital WD20EARS 2tb 5400RPM(Trash) Western Digital WD20EARS 2tb 5400RPM(Trash) Corsair Hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler Case Fans: 8x 120mm Xigmatek Green Led Fans @ 7... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit Asus ROG Swift PG278Q LG 25UM57  Corsair Vengeance K70 Black Anodised Mechanical... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1050 +PSU Silicon Spacer Coolermaster HAF 932 Razer Deathadder 4G 2013 Edition @400 dpi Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Speed Refresh 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Soundcard: SupremeFX Realtek ALC1150 Onboard Speakers: Swan M10 Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50S 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Microphone: Blue Microphones Snowball USB Micro... FiiO E10K DAC/AMP  Thermaltake iBox 5.25" Storage Draw Black Lian Li 5.25 to 3.25 bay adaptor 
Other
Black PS4 Controller 
  hide details  
post #44 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

The method he is describing to shunt the resistors is reversible however it most definitely voids your warranty. I have faith that the community will find a way to mod the BIOS and nobody will have to worry about hard modding...for now, it's all we got. smile.gif

I can actually vouch that the bold part is not true. Since CLU/CLP can be cleaned off, there's no real way for the manufacturer to tell that it was there.. I had to send in a 970 to EVGA for replacement, and I just cleaned the CLP off of the resistors and got my replacement a couple days after I sent my card in. No issues whatsoever with the replacement. thumb.gif
post #45 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

I can actually vouch that the bold part is not true. Since CLU/CLP can be cleaned off, there's no real way for the manufacturer to tell that it was there.. I had to send in a 970 to EVGA for replacement, and I just cleaned the CLP off of the resistors and got my replacement a couple days after I sent my card in. No issues whatsoever with the replacement. thumb.gif

This is one big reason why the BIOS is locked down harder in Pascal. Thanks. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Ya'll do know these companies read these forums right? Screwing them out of money when you trash a card and try to RMA it only comes back on the rest of us in a negative way.
post #46 of 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirt View Post

This is one big reason why the BIOS is locked down harder in Pascal. Thanks. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Ya'll do know these companies read these forums right? Screwing them out of money when you trash a card and try to RMA it only comes back on the rest of us in a negative way.

What about when your card dies, and it has nothing to do with the shunt resistors having CLP on them? How is that screwing them out of money? The card that they produced that generated too much heat and died, almost screwed me out of $300....

FWIW: I didn't really notice a difference with the CLP on those resistors vs. not having CLP on them.
Edited by blaze2210 - 6/15/16 at 7:06pm
post #47 of 600
Thread Starter 
lachen.gif
post #48 of 600
there is a "reviewer" bios available @msi

maybe someone skilled can compare this to the standard bios and find out what values are changed.

the reviewer bios should have higher clock rates and higher tdp.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Nvidia-Pascal-Hardware-261713/News/Asus-MSI-Geforce-GTX-1080-GTX-1070-Presse-1198869/
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgh 

Customers may request the oc-bios via support form or mail to de-komp@msi.com

german support form:
https://de.msi.com/service/anfrage

quote translated by me
post #49 of 600
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-force View Post

there is a "reviewer" bios available @msi

maybe someone skilled can compare this to the standard bios and find out what values are changed.

the reviewer bios should have higher clock rates and higher tdp.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Nvidia-Pascal-Hardware-261713/News/Asus-MSI-Geforce-GTX-1080-GTX-1070-Presse-1198869/
german support form:
https://de.msi.com/service/anfrage

quote translated by me

Thank you.. We can't read the BIOS values yet but this says a lot about the power limit right here.




Aside from comparing the clock speeds, there's the fact that the additional power is going to result in less PWR throttling.
post #50 of 600
the text also says that the maximum tdp should be @ 291w but they couldnt even reach 240w in their testings.
both bios versions end up allowing the 291w maximum. afterburner corresponds to +7%tdp for the reviewer version and +21% for the retail bios.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › GTX 1070/1080/TITAN X(2ND GEN) BIOS - Who has it?