Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Best 120mm intake fan 1500+ RPM?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best 120mm intake fan 1500+ RPM? - Page 2

post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensive View Post

Yea, the F12's are cheap. I got one for $6.98 and the latest for $7.85. I also recommend the Fractal Design Venturi fans. They move a lot of air, but are more expensive, and if you don't have a fan controller you should use the low speed adapter or they can be loud.
No fan control! mad.gif
That's a flogging offence! biggrin.gif

Case fans should be controlled just like component fans. It is the only logical way.
'Live long and prosper.'
post #12 of 39
Thread Starter 
Why not just get a motherboard like the newer Asus boards...

Any 3 pin or 4 pin fan can be controlled via software or bios, you can make a fan curve for every 3 pin or 4 pin fan.

hardware fan controllers seem pointless to me.
post #13 of 39
Lol, I wish all fans were created equally--as PWM fans!
post #14 of 39
Thread Starter 
What about noiseblocker multiframe 1800rpm or noiseblocker eloop are they any good?

Not sure I need 2000rpm, but something more than 1300rpm I have ATM.

For reference I have noctua redux 1550rpm as front intakes and I use them at about 1350rpm because they are too loud at 1550rpm.

but the 1300rpm noiseblocker is silent at full speed because its at the bottom and case is insulated etc.
post #15 of 39
NB eloops are my personal favorite. Their sound is most pleasing, especially up to 1300 rpm.

Check out this video, might help you pick your fan judging on sound profile.


post #16 of 39
Thread Starter 
I managed to fit a noctua A15 down there, so that should perform better than any 120mm without sounding like a hair dryer, had to attach with velcro as would not fit otherwise, but still it fit and works well.
post #17 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

I managed to fit a noctua A15 down there, so that should perform better than any 120mm without sounding like a hair dryer, had to attach with velcro as would not fit otherwise, but still it fit and works well.
Much better than a high speed 120mm fan. thumb.gif

I must have missed your Define R4 .. or you edited that in.
I've found raising case 30-40mm allows much better airflow to bottom vents .. and it quiets things down too. Some of us remove the bottom and back grills for same reasons.

I use a open bottom castor base to give the needed clearance .. also makes it much easier to move computer around when needed.


Link to removed grills in Define R2 and other links to Define R4 grill removal
http://www.overclock.net/t/1491876/ways-to-better-cooling-airflow-cooler-fan-data/40_20#post_23754692
post #18 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Much better than a high speed 120mm fan. thumb.gif

I must have missed your Define R4 .. or you edited that in.
I've found raising case 30-40mm allows much better airflow to bottom vents .. and it quiets things down too. Some of us remove the bottom and back grills for same reasons.

I use a open bottom castor base to give the needed clearance .. also makes it much easier to move computer around when needed.


Link to removed grills in Define R2 and other links to Define R4 grill removal
http://www.overclock.net/t/1491876/ways-to-better-cooling-airflow-cooler-fan-data/40_20#post_23754692

Nice info thanks, yes I am going to raise the case up as with the carpet there is barely a gap and compared to the front fans the bottom fan does not have as much airflow, I am going to use 4 of these marble drink mats I have, but I can only find 2 of them so will need to find the other 2, the feet on the R4 are pretty useless 1 or 2 of them are held on with tape as they fell off, other than that great case though. I will see if I can get the front grille off without damaging it, but the airflow at the front seems good, I can feel a lot of air coming in from the noctua redux fans at the front, also i am not 100% sure if removing it will make that much difference, because if you look at the alignment of the side vents, where most of the air comes in for the front intakes, the front vent is in front of that, so I not sure if it will make much difference.
Edited by Nicholars - 6/1/16 at 8:33am
post #19 of 39
Thread Starter 
Just installed my noctua D15 as well, wow this thing is really good, about 10 degrees lower than the thermaltight macho I had before. I ran 10 loops of X264 and highest recorded temp was 58c, most of the cores not even touching 58c, and that is with the CPU at 4.5ghz 1.21v. pretty damn good very impressed with noctua products.
Edited by Nicholars - 6/1/16 at 9:41am
post #20 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

Just installed my noctua D15 as well, wow this thing is really good, about 10 degrees lower than the thermaltight macho I had before. I ran 10 loops of X264 and highest recorded temp was 58c, most of the cores not even touching 58c, and that is with the CPU at 4.5ghz 1.21v. pretty damn good very impressed with noctua products.
Not be blunt, but your temperature drop is at least as much to do with the added case airflow as cooler change. Lots of variable besides the coolers themselves. Macho may run 5c warmer than D15, but not 1 c warmer. I'm assuming you do not monitor cooler intake air temperature. Did you accurately monitor room temperatures for each test? Were filters cleaned before each test|? A week's dirt in filters can make a big difference in case airflow. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Best 120mm intake fan 1500+ RPM?