Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club - Page 46

post #451 of 9578
Hey guys,

Just joined the club with my brand new Gigabyte G1 1070, i've been busy overclocking and so far this is what i got.




This result is the highest i got so far, and i've been gaming on these settings for 6 hours in a row, seems stable so far.

What do you guys think?
Edited by Pharao86 - 7/6/16 at 1:27am
post #452 of 9578
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wk View Post

I have the Gigabyte G1 version and it is stable at ~2060Mhz in overwatch without bumping up voltage, mine has trouble with memory, can't get over +360 without artifacts afterwards.
But I am happy with it.

My MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X can't go past 2100Mhz without crashes or artifacts, but yeah it's always fluctuating between 2050Mhz and 2100Mhz stable. Memory I can push even to +750MHz using AB.

I had a choice between the Gigabyte G1 & MSI Gaming X and went with the MSI because it looked like a better built + it needed more power (8+6), which gave me an indication for better headroom. Same price exactly too here in Australia.
post #453 of 9578
Here is my firestrike score.



is this any good?
post #454 of 9578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post

My MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X can't go past 2100Mhz without crashes or artifacts, but yeah it's always fluctuating between 2050Mhz and 2100Mhz stable. Memory I can push even to +750MHz using AB.

I had a choice between the Gigabyte G1 & MSI Gaming X and went with the MSI because it looked like a better built + it needed more power (8+6), which gave me an indication for better headroom. Same price exactly too here in Australia.
That's a good card. The most I can add to my GX is +100 on the core (bringing it to around 2025 I think) and +500 on the memory. Any higher for either I crash and/or start seeing artifacts.

What are your power settings at? And default or OC bios? I found the OC bios gave me an extra 25Mhz on the core, bringing it to 2050. You might be able to squeeze a little more out of it changing to that bios, if you're not already on it.
post #455 of 9578
I have a general question that I want to ask everyone, it's in BOLD at the bottom of this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorzean View Post

That's a good card. The most I can add to my GX is +100 on the core (bringing it to around 2025 I think) and +500 on the memory. Any higher for either I crash and/or start seeing artifacts.

What are your power settings at? And default or OC bios? I found the OC bios gave me an extra 25Mhz on the core, bringing it to 2050. You might be able to squeeze a little more out of it changing to that bios, if you're not already on it.

I Done more precise overclocking and strong stress-testing to determine stability;

Core Voltage Percentage = 0%
Power Limit = 126%
Core = +106 MHz
Memory = +666

That's what I am currently using... I found that if I increase Core Voltage Percentage to 100% the Core Clock will stick to 2063MHz continuously WITHOUT fluctuating at all, but when I do have it on 0% it decreases to 2050MHz after a bit, and then it stabilises between 2025 & 2050 (fluctuating between the two), out of safety I don't want to increase Core Voltage Percentage to 100% so I turned it off.

So yes, increasing Core Voltage Percentage does give it more stability at the MAX CLOCK, but it didn't allow me to break the 2063MHz barrier, turns out 2088MHz just like 2100MHz does crash the driver or cause artifacts when stress testing.

So my actual barrier is 2063MHz on the CORE. Going past that causes crashes or artifacts.

No I never upgraded my BIOS, I read that some people ended up having a worse experience, while others reported that their cards got 'nerfed' (became worse) after upgrading the BIOS. None of them provided evidence though. But I thought I remember reading a few saying their Power Limit decreased after the BIOS update too. I wish it had a dual BIOS option so I could test and switch to the other BIOS if things turn out bad.

I do have 2 questions, the first is for you EORZEAN, the second is a general question:

1. With your updated BIOS, what is the maximum POWER LIMIT percentage you can increase to using MSI AfterBurner?

2. Is keeping Core Voltage Percentage in MSI Afterburner @ 100% safe? Or can driver updates and the such cause a spike that would mess up the card? I know I read that the GPU's are hardware voltage locked via regulators, is that true? So is it completely safe to keep it on 100% all the time in MSI AB and leave it there?
Edited by Blackfyre - 7/6/16 at 4:15am
post #456 of 9578

OK!

Lowest price in AUS so far = $650 for the Gainward Phoenix.

 

http://www.netplus.com.au/product/VDGFGTX1070%2D14/Gainward_GeForce_GTX1070/

 

Keep in mind, a 1080 will cost $1100

http://www.diycomputers.com.au/product.asp?id=15793


Edited by GunnzAkimbo - 7/6/16 at 5:17am
post #457 of 9578
Ordered a ASUS ROG Strix 1070 last night. Excited to get it!biggrin.gif
The Slug
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Z170-A ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SSD Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Seasonic 650W Fractal Define S Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
The Slug
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Z170-A ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SSD Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Seasonic 650W Fractal Define S Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #458 of 9578
I'm looking to upgrade from a AMD 380X anyone else upgraded similar to me and know what sort of performance jump to expect? I'm looking to push into 1440p in single card terrority.
Desktop
(13 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 ULP GeForce 1 GB RAM 32GB Storage 
OSMonitor
Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb) 800 x 1280 pixels, 8.9 inches PLS TFT 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 ULP GeForce 1 GB RAM 32GB Storage 
OSMonitor
Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb) 800 x 1280 pixels, 8.9 inches PLS TFT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #459 of 9578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellion88 View Post

I'm looking to upgrade from a AMD 380X anyone else upgraded similar to me and know what sort of performance jump to expect? I'm looking to push into 1440p in single card terrority.

I upgraded from a HD7970, which was re-branded as the 280X, which was re-branded as the 380X (maybe with a minimal performance increase). The performance jump was massive to the GTX 1070.

1440p gaming should be achievable in most if not ALL games (especially after overclocking).
post #460 of 9578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharao86 View Post

I do have 2 questions, the first is for you EORZEAN, the second is a general question:

1. With your updated BIOS, what is the maximum POWER LIMIT percentage you can increase to using MSI AfterBurner?[/U][/B]

Wish I could answer that for you, but I pulled it from my case and put it back in its package. Decided to switch to the 1080 (going 1440p ultrawide and don't think this'll cut it). Hopefully someone else could answer that for you. If you wanted to check for yourself, the BIOS zip comes packaged with the Gaming (stock) BIOS as well as the OC one, and you can switch back and forth pretty easily (you just run the batch file and it asks which one you want flashed).

Link: https://ca.msi.com/Graphics-card/support/GEFORCE-GTX-1070-GAMING-X-8G.html#down-bios

To be honest, I didn't really feel the need to use it either. I ended up flashing back after a few Firestrike runs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club