Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club - Page 847

post #8461 of 8672
Quote:
Wow thats some SERIOUS GDDR5 memory oc holy beeeeep.Is that the best 1070 GPU score you know?It looks like a HWBOT submission screenshot or something like that.
post #8462 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParlyShary View Post

Ok thanks for the answer, I put the VCCIO at 1.075.
I think my MB is pretty weak (P8Z77-V LX), so it could be faulty.
If the problem happens again I will push the VCCIO again.

The Memory and PCIe controllers are on the CPU chip.

 

I had the p8z68-V until it fried itself the other day while i was running watchdogs 2

post #8463 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParlyShary View Post

Raising the VCCIO to 1.10 didn't change anything, PC still fail to boot on the first try.
Try with no CPU OC, with no success, the problem still occurs after the PC is off for about 10 minutes.
I see this after the windows logo, stay for 5 seconds and then the screen turns completly black:


I've a SeaSonic 620GM2

Edit: Disable Fastboot in Windows 10 seems to work for now, but I wonder if the problem comes from the MB, GPU or PSU

Fastboot can be problematic for many things. It is possible that your PSU is past it as well. Check all the power cables are firmly in place

post #8464 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

Hey Guys - Team OCN needs your help. We need a 1070 to ring up a score in TimeSpy for this.
MB must be an ASUS board, if you do compete, please follow HWBOT rules for subs.
I am interested in this. But my Rampage IV Black ed is starting to crap out.
I recently got my 4930k replaced under the intel tuning plan and it just came in the mail today. I will hopefully get the chance to put that chip in this weekend and join the contest. I am just not sure how well this board will handle some OC, but hopefully this chip is at least an average OCer (which would be better than my old 4930k). We will see though. FYI, I know to limit my CPU to using only 4 cores so I will have to turn two off which will help with heat and possibly help some with OCing.
PrimePC1
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930k ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM San Disk Ultra II Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc Swiftech H 240-X MS Windows 10 Pro Vizio 24" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monito... Corsair K95 RGB EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus Phantom 820 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core None Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system Sound Blaster Zx 
OtherOther
NZXT Hue+  NZXT Grid+ V2 
  hide details  
Reply
PrimePC1
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930k ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM San Disk Ultra II Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc Swiftech H 240-X MS Windows 10 Pro Vizio 24" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monito... Corsair K95 RGB EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus Phantom 820 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core None Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system Sound Blaster Zx 
OtherOther
NZXT Hue+  NZXT Grid+ V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8465 of 8672
22k Graphic scores but is it 100% stable no crash/artifacts in all programs, games, stress test, benchmark?

After overclocking progress it also needed a serious & proper stress test to your components, If you're crashing/artifacting at certain applications, you're just passed that benchmark.

Just like example CPU, you can boot with 5GHZ, but in certain stress Test/programs you'll BSOD or crash.

Just FYI because Some people are just not aware of this.
A proper stress test like this https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/215439774868691574/

Part B point 4; using 3dmark Stress test Firestrike/FSX/FSU/Timespy
Quote:
At each OC level start by running the 3DMark Fire Strike Stress Test. This point is passed only if this stress test ends with a result of at least 97% in its Frame Stability Rate (FSR) AND without noticing artifacts during the test.
Recommendation: during this test look at the screen almost all the time to detect possible artifacts.

Edited by zipper17 - 4/22/17 at 5:51pm
PC Gaming 4 Life
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @4.7GHZ Biostar TZ77XE4 Galax GTX 1070 EXOC 2x8 Team Vulcan 19200 @2400 CL11 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 500GB, Seagate 2TB Crucial MX100 256GB Lite On 24x sata CM Hyper 212 EVO  
OSMonitorPower
Win 10 Pro 64 bit  Dell U2515H Seasonic ss 650 At 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Gaming 4 Life
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @4.7GHZ Biostar TZ77XE4 Galax GTX 1070 EXOC 2x8 Team Vulcan 19200 @2400 CL11 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 500GB, Seagate 2TB Crucial MX100 256GB Lite On 24x sata CM Hyper 212 EVO  
OSMonitorPower
Win 10 Pro 64 bit  Dell U2515H Seasonic ss 650 At 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8466 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper17 View Post

22k Graphic scores but is it 100% stable no crash/artifacts in all programs, games, stress test, benchmark?

After overclocking progress it also needed a serious & proper stress test to your components, If you're crashing/artifacting at certain applications, you're just passed that benchmark.

Just like example CPU, you can boot with 5GHZ, but in certain stress Test/programs you'll BSOD or crash.

Just FYI because Some people are just not aware of this.
A proper stress test like this https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/215439774868691574/

Part B point 4; using 3dmark Stress test Firestrike/FSX/FSU/Timespy
I´m running my daily OC with a few mhz less on core and memory.With that OC I get 226xx GPU score.Completely stable in BF1,several 3DMark benchmarks,Unigene Superposition/Heaven/Valley and so on.I tested something. I dont actually have a 1070.Its a 980Ti.I have never seen a 1070 that could beat my score , not even the highest overclocked ones.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19417680
My daily clocks are 1600/2000 but even with these clocks I only saw a few 1070 barely beating my GPU score.I saw some people upgrading from a OC´d 980Ti to a 1070(also OC´d) and actually losing FPS and graphics score.My 980Ti is pretty rare (in terms of OC potential) and outscoring every 1070 except 1/10000 in every FireStrike.
post #8467 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minium View Post

I´m running my daily OC with a few mhz less on core and memory.With that OC I get 226xx GPU score.Completely stable in BF1,several 3DMark benchmarks,Unigene Superposition/Heaven/Valley and so on.I tested something. I dont actually have a 1070.Its a 980Ti.I have never seen a 1070 that could beat my score , not even the highest overclocked ones.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19417680
My daily clocks are 1600/2000 but even with these clocks I only saw a few 1070 barely beating my GPU score.I saw some people upgrading from a OC´d 980Ti to a 1070(also OC´d) and actually losing FPS and graphics score.My 980Ti is pretty rare (in terms of OC potential) and outscoring every 1070 except 1/10000 in every FireStrike.

Must be nice to win the silicon lottery 2 times in a row! 1600 is just insane on a 980ti.

My old 980ti was also faster in FS than my 1070. My best score on my 980ti was 21260, while on my 1070 it was 21000. The positions switch in TimeSpy.
Edited by ColdDeckEd - 4/22/17 at 7:55pm
post #8468 of 8672
@gtbtk
You are amazing. So if I understand increase VCCIO and PCH(?) voltage can increace OC of graphics?

One more thing is it possible to flash strix bios 1,24v to MSI Gaming X?
post #8469 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeckEd View Post

Must be nice to win the silicon lottery 2 times in a row! 1600 is just insane on a 980ti.

My old 980ti was also faster in FS than my 1070. My best score on my 980ti was 21260, while on my 1070 it was 21000. The positions switch in TimeSpy.
Maybe pascal is better for DX12 things.
post #8470 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minium View Post

I´m running my daily OC with a few mhz less on core and memory.With that OC I get 226xx GPU score.Completely stable in BF1,several 3DMark benchmarks,Unigene Superposition/Heaven/Valley and so on.I tested something. I dont actually have a 1070.Its a 980Ti.I have never seen a 1070 that could beat my score , not even the highest overclocked ones.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19417680
My daily clocks are 1600/2000 but even with these clocks I only saw a few 1070 barely beating my GPU score.I saw some people upgrading from a OC´d 980Ti to a 1070(also OC´d) and actually losing FPS and graphics score.My 980Ti is pretty rare (in terms of OC potential) and outscoring every 1070 except 1/10000 in every FireStrike.

Yup I'm aware of that, 980Ti generally still better in overclocking/silicon lottery.

I can see 980Ti OC from pro overclocker can be in the same level as Titan X pascal 2016 Afaik.

So far 1070 is not really favored by pro overclocker.

The only 1070 wins against 980ti is performance per watt. You really need a lucky sample of 1070 to pass 22k Graphic scores imo,

I mean very less opportunity to get that kind of 1070 I believe.

+20k is the most for 1070 OC. +21K also can be considered good silicon chip.
Edited by zipper17 - 4/23/17 at 5:56am
PC Gaming 4 Life
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @4.7GHZ Biostar TZ77XE4 Galax GTX 1070 EXOC 2x8 Team Vulcan 19200 @2400 CL11 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 500GB, Seagate 2TB Crucial MX100 256GB Lite On 24x sata CM Hyper 212 EVO  
OSMonitorPower
Win 10 Pro 64 bit  Dell U2515H Seasonic ss 650 At 
  hide details  
Reply
PC Gaming 4 Life
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @4.7GHZ Biostar TZ77XE4 Galax GTX 1070 EXOC 2x8 Team Vulcan 19200 @2400 CL11 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 500GB, Seagate 2TB Crucial MX100 256GB Lite On 24x sata CM Hyper 212 EVO  
OSMonitorPower
Win 10 Pro 64 bit  Dell U2515H Seasonic ss 650 At 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club