Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club - Page 91

post #901 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by whicker View Post

Man I wish my core freq and voltage looked as stable as yours. During firestrike runs freq is bouncing between 1967-2088 and voltage 950mv-1093mv. What does your voltage/freq curve look like?
Nothing special....almost like regular one )
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #902 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by whicker View Post

Man I wish my core freq and voltage looked as stable as yours. During firestrike runs freq is bouncing between 1967-2088 and voltage 950mv-1093mv. What does your voltage/freq curve look like?

your boost should notttt be bouncing around that much, especially dropping all the way down to 1967mhz. what are your temps? mine would occasionally bounce, but only down to 2075mhz.
Narada
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1920X @4.15ghz Asus Zenith Extreme EVGA 1080 FTW G.Skill Trident RGB 32gb 3200mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Raid 0 Kingston Hyper X SSD LG 34" UWHD EVGA 1600W G2 W100 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Narada
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1920X @4.15ghz Asus Zenith Extreme EVGA 1080 FTW G.Skill Trident RGB 32gb 3200mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Raid 0 Kingston Hyper X SSD LG 34" UWHD EVGA 1600W G2 W100 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #903 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisshort117 View Post

your boost should notttt be bouncing around that much, especially dropping all the way down to 1967mhz. what are your temps? mine would occasionally bounce, but only down to 2075mhz.

Temps are under 55c. Something is definitely wrong then :/. Could try another DDU uninstall and try the new driver from today. What else could it be? I'll take a screenshot like his when I get home from work.
post #904 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisshort117 View Post

Yeah it's definitely nice to be doing this sorta stuff everyday lol. And I am the watercooling manager at Xidax PCs! I handle all the building and QC with our water cooled systems.

People get pretty salty about the pricing we have on our systems, and sometimes I can't blame them. However our lifetime warranty could be worth quite a bit of money to a lot of people who already know the hassle and headache of getting something returned or refunded because it didn't work correctly or just died of old age.


But anyway, this site coupled with the opportunity for hands on experience with the newer hardware is very nice to have.

I like the site and I like what you guys have going on. I think that's awesome. And you guys are a business and have to make money. I ain't gonna sweat you on that thumb.gif.
TBA
(17 items)
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700 [3.7GHz] ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero [WiFi AC] Titan X Pascal [Hybrid] G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Celcius S36 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H HHKB Pro V2 [Black] EVGA 550 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Meshify C DeathAdder Elite QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX ASUS GTX 1070 FE Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Win 10 Pro [x64] Dell S2716DGR [144hz] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Pro v2 [White] Corsair SF600 NCASE M1 [v5] Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
TBA
(17 items)
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700 [3.7GHz] ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero [WiFi AC] Titan X Pascal [Hybrid] G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Celcius S36 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H HHKB Pro V2 [Black] EVGA 550 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Meshify C DeathAdder Elite QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX ASUS GTX 1070 FE Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Win 10 Pro [x64] Dell S2716DGR [144hz] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Pro v2 [White] Corsair SF600 NCASE M1 [v5] Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #905 of 9561
whicker DDU is never bad, also make sure voltage limit and power limit are at max (+100 and 114/120 respectively).

Also i'm using 368.39 driver and not last two, so it might affect voltage too....who knows...

This is in heaven under 100% gpu usage - dead flat core clock/voltage graphs

Edited by DrumAndBass - 7/14/16 at 11:15am
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #906 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by whicker View Post

Temps are under 55c. Something is definitely wrong then :/. Could try another DDU uninstall and try the new driver from today. What else could it be? I'll take a screenshot like his when I get home from work.

what overclocking utility are you using? make sure you're using the 4.3.0 beta 4 on afterburner....OR you could try the Zotac utility; Firestorm. head over to Zotac's site and download the 2.0006E version. I guess you could also try EVGA's Precision, but I've heard that utility is having problems with Pascal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

I like the site and I like what you guys have going on. I think that's awesome. And you guys are a business and have to make money. I ain't gonna sweat you on that thumb.gif.

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. We're trying our best over here lol
Narada
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1920X @4.15ghz Asus Zenith Extreme EVGA 1080 FTW G.Skill Trident RGB 32gb 3200mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Raid 0 Kingston Hyper X SSD LG 34" UWHD EVGA 1600W G2 W100 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Narada
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1920X @4.15ghz Asus Zenith Extreme EVGA 1080 FTW G.Skill Trident RGB 32gb 3200mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Raid 0 Kingston Hyper X SSD LG 34" UWHD EVGA 1600W G2 W100 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #907 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumAndBass View Post

whicker DDU is never bad, also make sure voltage limit and power limit are at max (+100 and 114/120 respectively).

Also i'm using 368.39 driver and not last two, so it might affect voltage too....who knows...

Yeah I use DDU almost every time, my afterburner looks the same as yours except I only have 112% power limit and not using curve. The driver might be the culprit. I'll post a screenshot tonight and try the newer and older drivers to see how it is. Worst case it might be Bios?
post #908 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisshort117 View Post

what overclocking utility are you using? make sure you're using the 4.3.0 beta 4 on afterburner....OR you could try the Zotac utility; Firestorm. head over to Zotac's site and download the 2.0006E version. I guess you could also try EVGA's Precision, but I've heard that utility is having problems with Pascal.

Using the beta 4 MSIAF.
post #909 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by whicker View Post

Using the beta 4 MSIAF.

reinstall it, or try another utility. sometimes with the systems I build, AF doesn't even register frequencies correctly - and that's with the beta 4 as well. so I'd say it's worth a try.
Narada
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1920X @4.15ghz Asus Zenith Extreme EVGA 1080 FTW G.Skill Trident RGB 32gb 3200mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Raid 0 Kingston Hyper X SSD LG 34" UWHD EVGA 1600W G2 W100 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Narada
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1920X @4.15ghz Asus Zenith Extreme EVGA 1080 FTW G.Skill Trident RGB 32gb 3200mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Raid 0 Kingston Hyper X SSD LG 34" UWHD EVGA 1600W G2 W100 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #910 of 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisshort117 View Post

reinstall it, or try another utility. sometimes with the systems I build, AF doesn't even register frequencies correctly - and that's with the beta 4 as well. so I'd say it's worth a try.

I'll try that too. I will say that I don't think the 100% voltage slider was even working so you might be on to something.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club