Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club - Page 915

post #9141 of 9493
You'd have to be getting 30+ at all times and to make it somewhat 'nice' you'd want a G-sync panel. Anything less than that and you're back to tearing. At least consoles generally lock FPS somewhere so that it reduces tearing and framedrops (*usually*) so that you don't have a terrible experience.

Otherwise, I generally will prefer to use a console at 4K. I still have yet to get my hands on a Shield, as I feel that would change my ideal for the most part.
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX Titan X Pascal + Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H Razer Blackwidow X TE Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NCASE M1 [v5] G403 Wireless QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DGR [144hz] KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
 
OverCoaster
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K [4.7GHz] ASUS Z270i STRIX Titan X Pascal + Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Windows 10 Professional [x64] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer Predator X34 Dell E2417H Razer Blackwidow X TE Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NCASE M1 [v5] G403 Wireless QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DGR [144hz] KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9142 of 9493
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixfox View Post

Hi, im new to the GTX 1070 scene, just upgraded from an MSI R9 390 to the EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked Black Edition, and all i can say is what a fantastic card. Even able to play games at 4k all be it at around 30fps, but i am used to the PS4 pro so this is still a huge improvement.


How is 30fps on a 60hz monitor an upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

That's one of the ways that PC is evolving. We don't have to be the "weirdos at their computer desk" anymore....

I've been a Counter-Strike player for about the last 24 hours now (not a solid 24 hours though)....Hehehe.... Pretty fun, but man, there are A LOT of cheaters.... biggrin.gif

I hate CS:GO.

I play CS 1.6 at 144fps on 144hz monitor for the sheer game experience of what I think is the best FPS ever made. Play it for a few minutes and you'll see what I mean.

Graphics suck on it, but gameplay is golden. So, for the sake of the graphics, you'll have to pair it with a more modern game like BF etc on the side or CS:GO if you can stomach it.

Anyway, even if some of those console games are 4k@60fps, still pretty hard to do on PC without probably two 1080 ti's, much more expensive than console. or whatever, a single 1080ti but with turned down settings.
Edited by amalik - 10/2/17 at 10:12pm
post #9143 of 9493
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalik View Post

I hate CS:GO.

I play CS 1.6 at 144fps on 144hz monitor for the sheer game experience of what I think is the best FPS ever made. Play it for a few minutes and you'll see what I mean.

Graphics suck on it, but gameplay is golden. So, for the sake of the graphics, you'll have to pair it with a more modern game like BF etc on the side or CS:GO if you can stomach it.

Anyway, even if some of those console games are 4k@60fps, still pretty hard to do on PC without probably two 1080 ti's, much more expensive than console. or whatever, a single 1080ti but with turned down settings.

I like shooting people in games, so I'm not generally too picky, plus it was cheap. biggrin.gif

I enjoy seeing what my hardware can do with graphics, so I generally don't tend to go too far back in gaming history. There are a few exceptions to that though, like games that I really enjoyed when I was trying to play games on my Dad's old non-gaming oriented PC - Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and Jedi Academy are the main ones that come to mind.

I may give CS a shot, if I can get it for a reasonable price....

It seems like 4k@60fps is challenging, no matter what the platform is. Though I'm fairly certain that it will be fully achieved on PC first, then the tech adapted to consoles. Hehehe....
post #9144 of 9493
Any more news on the 1070ti - Im getting giddy thinking of the possibilites.

@gtbtk - Im gonna follow your lead and flash the Z bios. Alil boost might just give me what i need. biggrin.gif
Second Muru
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professinal Sapphire Vapor-X 290x 8GB G. Skill Sniper 16GB 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 Samsung F3 1TB Windows 10 Samsung S24C750 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 SilverstoneTek ST75F-P Sxy Silverstone FT02 Razer DiamondBack 3G 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Muru
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professinal Sapphire Vapor-X 290x 8GB G. Skill Sniper 16GB 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 Samsung F3 1TB Windows 10 Samsung S24C750 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 SilverstoneTek ST75F-P Sxy Silverstone FT02 Razer DiamondBack 3G 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9145 of 9493
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0uncyfr0 View Post

Any more news on the 1070ti - Im getting giddy thinking of the possibilites.

@gtbtk - Im gonna follow your lead and flash the Z bios. Alil boost might just give me what i need. biggrin.gif

I'm happy with it

post #9146 of 9493
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalik View Post

I play CS 1.6 at 144fps on 144hz monitor for the sheer game experience of what I think is the best FPS ever made. Play it for a few minutes and you'll see what I mean.
I think CS:GO is what keeps CS going. It's amazing...this, coming from a guy who beta tested Half-Life(1) and struggled through implementing VAC. CS barely registers CPU/GPU stress now.
post #9147 of 9493
So abit of an update with the Z bios - i havent touched the overclocking yet but by simply adjusting the fan to keep it cooler - Ive hit 2012 at 56 degrees. It super stable as Andromeda is one of those games that hates OC's with a passion - not a single crash for 3 hours. Loving it so far.

I will push it later tonight hopefully - a stable 2100 core is the goal. I have a feeling though that my memory is not so good redface.gif - always had a few issues going on +400.
Second Muru
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professinal Sapphire Vapor-X 290x 8GB G. Skill Sniper 16GB 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 Samsung F3 1TB Windows 10 Samsung S24C750 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 SilverstoneTek ST75F-P Sxy Silverstone FT02 Razer DiamondBack 3G 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Muru
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professinal Sapphire Vapor-X 290x 8GB G. Skill Sniper 16GB 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 Samsung F3 1TB Windows 10 Samsung S24C750 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 SilverstoneTek ST75F-P Sxy Silverstone FT02 Razer DiamondBack 3G 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9148 of 9493
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0uncyfr0 View Post

So abit of an update with the Z bios - i havent touched the overclocking yet but by simply adjusting the fan to keep it cooler - Ive hit 2012 at 56 degrees. It super stable as Andromeda is one of those games that hates OC's with a passion - not a single crash for 3 hours. Loving it so far.

I will push it later tonight hopefully - a stable 2100 core is the goal. I have a feeling though that my memory is not so good redface.gif - always had a few issues going on +400.

with the same Gaming X with Gaming Z bios setup and micron memory my best Firestrike graphics score is at about 21300 running on an i7 sandy bridge CPU with PCIe 2.0. A modern CPU would probably get a bit more out of the card. 

 

I found my best performance sweet spot to be around 2088/2076Mhx with memory at 9200Mhz from memory. I could run the card over 2100 MHz but the scores didn't really improve. 

 

If you increase the voltage at the high clocks, it will boost to a higher frequency but will also increase temps by about 8-9 degrees with the fans at 100% making the card want to down clock more. The end results ended up being within about 1-2fps of each other. 

post #9149 of 9493
Hi guys,

I have a GTX 1070 from an acer predator G3 desktop, it looks a bit like a founders edition in the fan design. What options do I have to overclock? Was thinking of at least replacing the thermal compound with some liquid metal. Should I get an aftermarket cooler? Can I flash another bios on the card to increase core voltages?
post #9150 of 9493
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigazz View Post

Hi guys,

I have a GTX 1070 from an acer predator G3 desktop, it looks a bit like a founders edition in the fan design. What options do I have to overclock? Was thinking of at least replacing the thermal compound with some liquid metal. Should I get an aftermarket cooler? Can I flash another bios on the card to increase core voltages?

Download Afterburner, since it doesn't care what specific card you have - it just works.... You can replace the thermal compound with liquid metal, just make sure that the plate for the cooler is not aluminum - nickel-plated copper is perfectly fine... You can flash another vBIOS, but there's no guarantee that you'll bypass whatever voltage limitations your card has, and no absolute guarantee that the vBIOS will work on your card.... Be sure to make a backup of your stock vBIOS first using GPU-Z.... thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club