Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club - Page 96

post #951 of 9393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogow89 View Post

The PSU couldn't be the issue, but i had to mention, so people wouldn't give me the usual stuff, like check psu, uninstall/install drivers, use ddu, and so on.

But it really can't be possible that i would be the only guy, out of everyone that is on every forum overclocking his/her gpu and able to stay beyond 2ghz, to have an awful chip that can't go beyond 1936mhz.


Either MSI Afterburner/gpu-z and every other tool out there are bugged, and are reporting false frequencies, or Msi themselves handpicked this chip for me. This is some Illuminati BS.

What's your exact voltage numbers at the time of 100% pgu usage? For 2k+ core clock it should be somehwere near 1.060-1.070v for stability.
If you use afterburner 4.3 beta 4 try using curve mode

Also i found it funny, that now when Time Spy is released we can't actually compare DX11 to DX12 performance in one bench. I am more interested in pure performance comparisson between the two APIs than separate numbers for records with each.

Does Time Spy supports DX11? If yes, could someone please make two benches back-to-back in both APIs and post results?

nacherc what is your clocks during bench in post 943? It seems you can squeeze a little bit more out of your card
Edited by DrumAndBass - 7/15/16 at 2:31am
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #952 of 9393
Do we have any 1070 Gaming Z ownere here? if yes could you be so kind and share your BIOS? I tried to get one from MSI support but they want me to give them S/N which obviously I don't have biggrin.gif
post #953 of 9393
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumAndBass View Post

What's your exact voltage numbers at the time of 100% pgu usage? For 2k+ core clock it should be somehwere near 1.060-1.070v for stability.
If you use afterburner 4.3 beta 4 try using curve mode

I've tried both curve mode and offset. It goes to 1.081v at 2025mhz before it then crashes.
post #954 of 9393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogow89 View Post

I've tried both curve mode and offset. It goes to 1.081v at 2025mhz before it then crashes.
Definately something not right with your card, considering it's msi and Blackfyre with his msi gets so much higher. It's either a bad silicon lottery for you mate, or some bios problem. If it is the latter than it can be updated later.

You should decide for yourself if 5-15 average fps difference is worth struggles with changing your card. And it's not a warranty case also, so...

Maybe you can return card back to retail shop and take from another vendor like Zotac or Palit? I have done it in the past, when card is in good shape, some retail stores allow you to change.
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #955 of 9393
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumAndBass View Post

Definately something not right with your card, considering it's msi and Blackfyre with his msi gets so much higher. It's either a bad silicon lottery for you mate, or some bios problem. If it is the latter than it can be updated later.

You should decide for yourself if 5-15 average fps difference is worth struggles with changing your card. And it's not a warranty case also, so...

Maybe you can return card back to retail shop and take from another vendor like Zotac or Palit? I have done it in the past, when card is in good shape, some retail stores allow you to change.

I have 14 days to return the card for either replacement or money back without giving a reason. 5-15 more fps, would be really nice, since i want to go over 1440p with dsr. I might send it back, but the limited supply really wouldn't help my case.
post #956 of 9393
Gpu-z pic, bios looks different than the one that was shown sometime ago.
post #957 of 9393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogow89 View Post

I have 14 days to return the card for either replacement or money back without giving a reason.
I would go for it. You might consider Zotac one for new card, simply because on different forums their results seems to be the highest overall - on core clock as well on memory speeds.
My palit does freaking good job as well, so can recommend super jetstreams too. 2101 on 1.093 stable as f***. Temps 58-61 degress with fans on 50% @ 1250rpm. Also dead silent, even at 1500rpm. Power limit is 114% though. I hope it's a temporary thing....
So, you decide.....i would go for replacemnet, if you have some card which you could use for time being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogow89 View Post

Gpu-z pic, bios looks different than the one that was shown sometime ago.
Ask Blackfyre to sreenshot his bios in gpu-z. I wonder if they are identical.
Edited by DrumAndBass - 7/15/16 at 3:15am
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k 4,5 @ 1.32 Asus Z-97A Palit 1070 2101 @ 1.093v Crucial 16 GB 1600 DDR3 
OSPowerAudio
Win 7 FSP 88+ 700w  Asus Xonar D-1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #958 of 9393
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumAndBass View Post

I would go for it. You might consider Zotac one for new card, simply because on different forums their results seems to be the highest overall - on core clock as well on memory speeds.
My palit does freaking good job as well, so can recommend super jetstreams too. 2101 on 1.093 stable as f***. Temps 58-61 degress with fans on 50% @ 1250rpm. Also dead silent, even at 1500rpm. Power limit is 114% though. I hope it's a temporary thing....
So, you decide.....i would go for replacemnet, if you have some card which you could use for time being.

I will go for it, if i don't find a resolution to the issue within the next few days. Quick question though, the TDP/power consumption in gpu-z, how high should it go when overclocking? Mine shows 73% TDP, is that related to the Powerlimit somehow? Maybe the powerlimit slider isn't working correctly for me. I would try the evga tool, i just hate going through the hassle of making an account at their site. So if someone has a link to directly download it, that would be great.


Oh and i can do +50mhz on the core and 600mhz on the memory 100% stable on everything, without touching either the powerlimit or votlage. That gives me a graphics score of 20121 on firestrike.
Edited by ogow89 - 7/15/16 at 3:25am
post #959 of 9393
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumAndBass View Post

Ask Blackfyre to sreenshot his bios in gpu-z. I wonder if they are identical.

post #960 of 9393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post


yup same frown.gif

I would go for overclock the memory a tad more and close that 300gb/s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club