Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] Computex 2016 [Pic/Video Heavy]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Computex 2016 [Pic/Video Heavy] - Page 76  

post #751 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderschnozzl View Post


Just got my Define Nano S three days ago. Can't decide if I should fill it up with Venturi, Noctua or wait a few weeks for the Corsair ML fans to come out. How good are those Venturi fans (one of Fractal Design's reps confirmed to me that you can fit the venture 140mm at the bottom if you use its 120mm mounts. So ... that's nice)?

According to the review at http://www.dvtests.com/fractal-design-venturi-hf-14-and-hp-14-pwm-test-and-review/ the Venturi's specs, as given by Fractal Design, are way off the actual specs. Noctua's given specs, on the other hand, are spot on according to the this review http://www.dvtests.com/noctua-nf-s12a-flx-nf-s12a-uln-and-nf-s12a-pwm-test-and-review/. I like fan manufacturers that have enough integrity not to bs their customers. And my case is the windowless variant so the poop color doesn't bother me much

On a side note, is it better for the case fans to be high flow or high pressure if there is a dust filters in front of them? I don't suppose dust filters are as restrictive as radiator/ heat sink fins. Are they?

Actually, if you don't mind a 3pin fan in today's sophisticated pwm world, Fractal's GP-14 exceeds its free air specs behind a filter.



Results from OCN's @ehume 15 case fan test here. I've just ordered some to find out if/how/why this fan with middling static pressure can move more air when restricted by a filter than running free. FYI - ehume's testing is some of the most reliable I've seen. So, he's not making stuff up. Altho, hoping he's made up an explanation for these results!
post #752 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCat View Post

Actually, if you don't mind a 3pin fan in today's sophisticated pwm world, Fractal's GP-14 exceeds its free air specs behind a filter.

I don't mind the 3pin and the Define Nano S already comes with one Fractal's GP-14 in the front and one Fractal's GP-12 in the back so it will save me money. However, I feel adventurous so I'm gonna buy 2x NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM (rear + bottom) and 2 x NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM (front) and connect all through a Silverstone CPF04 to my MB PWM fan header. THIS IS GONNA BE FUN !!!
post #753 of 1146
BGGRzOgJIjmDoes anyone knows what case is this
Edited by hahahah - 6/4/16 at 2:48am
post #754 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignVega View Post

Uhh more 1080p monitors. Who buys that junk.
I seriously expected more "palpable" 4K 144 Hz and HDR announcements. All we got was a prototype. God knows when it'll come out.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
post #755 of 1146
They (Acer and Asus) are trying to milk more money on these 1080p monitors! I just hope that NO ONE will buy that old tech and overpriced trash!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX1080 FTW Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB Samsung SSD 830 128GB Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Wester Digital Caviar Black 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Corsair A50 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus ROG Swift PG348Q  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Lenovo Seasonic G-Series 650W Thermaltake 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900  SS 4HD Logitech Z4 FiiO E10K amp/dac 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX1080 FTW Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB Samsung SSD 830 128GB Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Wester Digital Caviar Black 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Corsair A50 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus ROG Swift PG348Q  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell P2414H Lenovo Seasonic G-Series 650W Thermaltake 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900  SS 4HD Logitech Z4 FiiO E10K amp/dac 
  hide details  
post #756 of 1146
post #757 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant Garde View Post

They (Acer and Asus) are trying to milk more money on these 1080p monitors! I just hope that NO ONE will buy that old tech and overpriced trash!

Too bad 1080p is all I can afford at the moment. To other people here it's trash, but for me it's golden.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770 (Non K) Asus Z87-A Palit GTX 970 3x4GB G.SKill RIpjawsX  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 1TB Seagate 1.5 Terabytes Cooler Master V4 GTS Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MK330 Logitech Corsair VS 650W 80+ Silverstone RL01B MK330 Logitech 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770 (Non K) Asus Z87-A Palit GTX 970 3x4GB G.SKill RIpjawsX  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 1TB Seagate 1.5 Terabytes Cooler Master V4 GTS Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MK330 Logitech Corsair VS 650W 80+ Silverstone RL01B MK330 Logitech 
  hide details  
post #758 of 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCat View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderschnozzl View Post


Just got my Define Nano S three days ago. Can't decide if I should fill it up with Venturi, Noctua or wait a few weeks for the Corsair ML fans to come out. How good are those Venturi fans (one of Fractal Design's reps confirmed to me that you can fit the venture 140mm at the bottom if you use its 120mm mounts. So ... that's nice)?

According to the review at http://www.dvtests.com/fractal-design-venturi-hf-14-and-hp-14-pwm-test-and-review/ the Venturi's specs, as given by Fractal Design, are way off the actual specs. Noctua's given specs, on the other hand, are spot on according to the this review http://www.dvtests.com/noctua-nf-s12a-flx-nf-s12a-uln-and-nf-s12a-pwm-test-and-review/. I like fan manufacturers that have enough integrity not to bs their customers. And my case is the windowless variant so the poop color doesn't bother me much

On a side note, is it better for the case fans to be high flow or high pressure if there is a dust filters in front of them? I don't suppose dust filters are as restrictive as radiator/ heat sink fins. Are they?

Actually, if you don't mind a 3pin fan in today's sophisticated pwm world, Fractal's GP-14 exceeds its free air specs behind a filter.



Results from OCN's @ehume 15 case fan test here. I've just ordered some to find out if/how/why this fan with middling static pressure can move more air when restricted by a filter than running free. FYI - ehume's testing is some of the most reliable I've seen. So, he's not making stuff up. Altho, hoping he's made up an explanation for these results!


And the Yate Loon came close. Actually, the #1 fan (I have 4 of those) performance on the filter exceeded the free air performance by 0.2 CFM. I have no explanation, or I would have offered one. All I can offer is data, and data trumps theory every time.

alpha updated
(19 items)
 
secundus
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming-7 Intel HD4600 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 8GB Ki... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C Windows 8.1 Home Premium 64-bit Acer K242HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell SK-8110 (PS/2) Seasonic X460 Fanless motherboard tray from CM ATCS 840 Logitech MX 1100 
Mouse PadAudio
Dell Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 ZOTAC/NVidia GTX 650 Ti 2GB 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 CAS9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200.12 Plextor 24x DVD burner Cooler Master Hyper Z600R Win7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell E207WFP 20-inch flat panel Logitech Wireless 510 Seasonic X-650 fully modular 80+ Gold Lian Li PC-7FN 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Mouse WACOM Intuos 3 generic 
  hide details  
alpha updated
(19 items)
 
secundus
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming-7 Intel HD4600 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 8GB Ki... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C Windows 8.1 Home Premium 64-bit Acer K242HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell SK-8110 (PS/2) Seasonic X460 Fanless motherboard tray from CM ATCS 840 Logitech MX 1100 
Mouse PadAudio
Dell Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 ZOTAC/NVidia GTX 650 Ti 2GB 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 CAS9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200.12 Plextor 24x DVD burner Cooler Master Hyper Z600R Win7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell E207WFP 20-inch flat panel Logitech Wireless 510 Seasonic X-650 fully modular 80+ Gold Lian Li PC-7FN 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Mouse WACOM Intuos 3 generic 
  hide details  
post #759 of 1146
post #760 of 1146
Computex 2016 Trends: RGB LEDs, Tempered Glass, VGAs



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] Computex 2016 [Pic/Video Heavy]