Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Whats the deal with Zowie mice?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whats the deal with Zowie mice? - Page 21

post #201 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post

Ы
Shapes are very similar and its not first time I jump mouses. I've spent about 7-8 months with ZA since it was released.

I don't know then. Its funny because some people hate zowies and some love them. I think maybe they have some QC issues. I have a yellow fk2, which is the best mouse Ive ever used honestly. I also have a later fk2 with the white scroll wheel and I hate the thing.
post #202 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucake View Post

imo that's not true. i consider them "sidegrades" from one another. i prefer the 3090 actually, but i don't think it's the better sensor
I don't think it's true, but I've seen those kind of opinions
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post

I don't know then. Its funny because some people hate zowies and some love them. I think maybe they have some QC issues. I have a yellow fk2, which is the best mouse Ive ever used honestly. I also have a later fk2 with the white scroll wheel and I hate the thing.
I don't hate it, but it did not met my expectations.
My perfect mouse was Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue for some time, the shape, scroll - it was divine with MLT04 by that time. Kinzu was great shape wise, but sensor was awful. Now it's Kana v2, which is discontinued yet still available in china for 35$. Steelseries have lost its touch since then. And now I'm not satisfied with Zowie either. Don't know what to do after my stock of Kanas will be depleted.
Edited by numberfive - 8/1/16 at 9:41am
post #203 of 232
One more addition to this thread. There has been reference to pro gamer's mouse choices.
And since I've been a part of pro CS scene for many years, just before CSGO, I can tell that only insignificant minority actually cares about sensor differences.
If you check mouse reviews from current pros (NAVI for example), you will see that some of them don't know the difference between laser\optical sensors, even less know that there are different kinds of sensors with different behaviour.
They tend to pick mouses among marketed currently as gaming grade ones and through opinions of other pro's, sometimes they fail with kana v1, kinzu, ikari or something like that.
But it is hard to find a CSGO pro who can justify his choice of sensor or tell you difference between 3050 and 3090.
Performance of a number of sensors will not be a limiting factor in their game.

Long story short, majority does not care as long it allows them to aim in a direction of an enemy's model.
post #204 of 232
They use what feels good, some are forced to certain mice from their orgs. Many 'prefer' the deathadder because it was one of the first 'popular gaming mice' available a long time ago, in fact back then the only things I really knew about without research was the deathadder and steelseries xai (and then the logitech earliest gaming mice)

I was using an oldschool optical logitech with like 250 or something dpi and it was great.. but like any mouse the truth is you find one you're comfortable with and just use it for a very very long time and you will become very good with it, even with flaws you overcome them.. some people have been using say the DA since I don't know 2006-2007 until now 2016.. that's literally 10 years with the same shape so yeah it becomes 'one' with the player tongue.gif
post #205 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

They use what feels good, some are forced to certain mice from their orgs. Many 'prefer' the deathadder because it was one of the first 'popular gaming mice' available a long time ago, in fact back then the only things I really knew about without research was the deathadder and steelseries xai (and then the logitech earliest gaming mice)

I was using an oldschool optical logitech with like 250 or something dpi and it was great.. but like any mouse the truth is you find one you're comfortable with and just use it for a very very long time and you will become very good with it, even with flaws you overcome them.. some people have been using say the DA since I don't know 2006-2007 until now 2016.. that's literally 10 years with the same shape so yeah it becomes 'one' with the player tongue.gif

Partly why nothing has overtaken my DA so far. 5 years with it makes it the home base of consistency compared to other mice.
post #206 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post

One more addition to this thread. There has been reference to pro gamer's mouse choices.
And since I've been a part of pro CS scene for many years, just before CSGO, I can tell that only insignificant minority actually cares about sensor differences.
If you check mouse reviews from current pros (NAVI for example), you will see that some of them don't know the difference between laser\optical sensors, even less know that there are different kinds of sensors with different behaviour.
They tend to pick mouses among marketed currently as gaming grade ones and through opinions of other pro's, sometimes they fail with kana v1, kinzu, ikari or something like that.
But it is hard to find a CSGO pro who can justify his choice of sensor or tell you difference between 3050 and 3090.
Performance of a number of sensors will not be a limiting factor in their game.

Long story short, majority does not care as long it allows them to aim in a direction of an enemy's model.

Because CSGO is probably the worst game for determining mouse precision. Infact, mouse precision/aim is baked in as the least relevant component. We are all blown away that CSGO players can't tell the difference between sensors...
post #207 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by czerro View Post

Because CSGO is probably the worst game for determining mouse precision. Infact, mouse precision/aim is baked in as the least relevant component. We are all blown away that CSGO players can't tell the difference between sensors...

You should look at Overwatch.
post #208 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by czerro View Post

Because CSGO is probably the worst game for determining mouse precision. Infact, mouse precision/aim is baked in as the least relevant component. We are all blown away that CSGO players can't tell the difference between sensors...

yarr. when even the flickiest of players use avago a9500/a9800 mice... (that guy in fnatic used to have a Sensei... some other's in NaVi use sensei too IIRC... and s1mple used to use a sensei until he tried a Zowie ZA12).

but then again I also play that game a bit, and I'm super picky about sensor. tongue.gif
post #209 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by czerro View Post

Because CSGO is probably the worst game for determining mouse precision. Infact, mouse precision/aim is baked in as the least relevant component. We are all blown away that CSGO players can't tell the difference between sensors...

What games have good input in your opinion then? Of all the shooters I play CS:GO has the best input imo especially in terms of responsiveness. OW, BF4, R6S, DirtyBomb, etc. are all substantially worse. Also I've never noticed any actual problems with CS:GO input.
post #210 of 232
SoF2 FTW smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Whats the deal with Zowie mice?