Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New $2500 AUD build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New $2500 AUD build - Page 3

post #21 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Forget about the Asus X99 Strix the Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming is going to be slightly cheaper and offer a lot more.
I also looked at the Strix and it has a lot of things that turned me away, i was going for the new Rampage V but $600 US ($800 AU) for a motherboard is insane so i had to look elsewhere.


Only thing i really dont like about it is the fact that its white and i personally dont like white.
But at this point i dont care as much about the colors as much as i care about getting a board that has all the stuff i need and want and dont cost freaking $600 US ($800 AU)

Once my Noctua NH-D15S and my two video cards are installed there is not much of the board visible anyway.

Anyway back on topic forget about the Stix the Gigabyte board is better as well as cheaper.

Ooo, I don't mind white, but yeah definitely prefer a different colour. What does this board have to offer as opposed to the strix?
post #22 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidia View Post

Ooo, I don't mind white, but yeah definitely prefer a different colour. What does this board have to offer as opposed to the strix?
All the PCI-E slots are reinforced where Asus was too cheap to reinforce more then the top slot on the Strix.

That was the deal braker for me as i am going to have two super heavy video cards in my system.
A board with only one reinforced PCI-E slot is worse then useless to me so thats the reason why i am going with the Ultra Gaming instead.

There is also more space between the number 1 and 2 PCI-E slots and thats because the new Gigabyte Extreme Gaming GTX 1080 is a two and a half slot card.

It also has two M.2 slots vs one on the Strix.
There is also U.2 on the Ultra Gaming and i have not seen that on the Strix.

Edit: there is also more space between the CPU soket and the top PCI-E slot on the Ultra Gaming which is a good thing if you are going to have an air cooler.

Edit: 2 there is also 12 SATA III ports on the Ultra Gaming vs 8 on the Strix.
There is dual LAN ports on the Ultra Gaming vs the one on the Strix.

Only thing i can spot that the Strix has the Ultra Gaming does not have is wireless.
I have no need for that myself so i am fine with wireless missing.
Edited by shilka - 6/8/16 at 4:19am
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

All the PCI-E slots are reinforced where Asus was too cheap to reinforce more then the top slot on the Strix.

That was the deal braker for me as i am going to have two super heavy video cards in my system.
A board with only one reinforced PCI-E slot is worse then useless to me so thats the reason why i am going with the Ultra Gaming instead.

There is also more space between the number 1 and 2 PCI-E slots and thats because the new Gigabyte Extreme Gaming GTX 1080 is a two and a half slot card.

It also has two M.2 slots vs one on the Strix.
There is also U.2 on the Ultra Gaming and i have not seen that on the Strix.

Edit: there is also more space between the CPU soket and the top PCI-E slot on the Ultra Gaming which is a good thing if you are going to have an air cooler.

Edit: 2 there is also 12 SATA III ports on the Ultra Gaming vs 8 on the Strix.
There is dual LAN ports on the Ultra Gaming vs the one on the Strix.

Only thing i can spot that the Strix has the Ultra Gaming does not have is wireless.
I have no need for that myself so i am fine with wireless missing.

I'm looking at it right now, it's actually pretty darn good. Do you know how much this mobo will be?
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidia View Post

I'm looking at it right now, it's actually pretty darn good. Do you know how much this mobo will be?
Slightly less then the Stix at least here in the EU.
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Slightly less then the Stix at least here in the EU.

Well, I was going to get the strix since it caught my attention but this gigabyte one you mentioned is definitely appealing so I might go with this.
post #26 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidia View Post

Well, I was going to get the strix since it caught my attention but this gigabyte one you mentioned is definitely appealing so I might go with this.
I am set on the Ultra Gaming as i cant find anything else i like or have everything i need in the same price range.
I just wish it was not white but i can live with the colors since i dont stare into my PC all the time.

Only 22 days away before i have money for CPU RAM and motherboard and it feels like forever.
I am going with the 6850K as i really like to have 40 PCI-E lanes.
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

I am set on the Ultra Gaming as i cant find anything else i like or have everything i need in the same price range.
I just wish it was not white but i can live with the colors since i dont stare into my PC all the time.

Only 22 days away before i have money for CPU RAM and motherboard and it feels like forever.
I am going with the 6850K as i really like to have 40 PCI-E lanes.

I want to have a colour scheme going on my new rig. With a custom loop, I think it's the artist side of me that wants this to happen. Maybe go with a black and white combo or black and red. Not sure yet.. so excited for you though. What ram are you going to get? I'm probably going to pick up the same cpu.
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidia View Post

I want to have a colour scheme going on my new rig. With a custom loop, I think it's the artist side of me that wants this to happen. Maybe go with a black and white combo or black and red. Not sure yet.. so excited for you though. What ram are you going to get? I'm probably going to pick up the same cpu.
After going through the RAM support list on the Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming i am going to get a Kingston HyperX Savage 32 GB 3000 MHz kit.
https://www.computersalg.dk/i/1312567/hyperx-savage-ddr4-32-gb-4-x-8-gb

For some reason they cost almost the same as the 2800 kit and i have seen it cheaper as well which is a bit strange.

This is my system as it now with a 4 year old Rampage IV a 3820 and 16 GB of Corsair 1866 MHz (which wont work at 1866 Mhz anymore)
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

After going through the RAM support list on the Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming i am going to get a Kingston HyperX Savage 32 GB 3000 MHz kit.
https://www.computersalg.dk/i/1312567/hyperx-savage-ddr4-32-gb-4-x-8-gb

For some reason they cost almost the same as the 2800 kit and i have seen it cheaper as well which is a bit strange.

This is my system as it now with a 4 year old Rampage IV a 3820 and 16 GB of Corsair 1866 MHz (which wont work at 1866 Mhz anymore)

Man mine is old as hell, I still own a 9800 gx2. What do you use your pc for besides gaming of course.
post #30 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidia View Post

Man mine is old as hell, I still own a 9800 gx2. What do you use your pc for besides gaming of course.
I do a lot of video editing but besides that and gaming it double as my media sever / media PC.

The reason for my 3 HDD´s is the amount of movies shows and other media stuff that i have.
Most of it is not even in 1080P yet alone 4K so once i start to get more HD stuff i need to replace the 3 and 4 TB HDD´s with bigger ones.
Edited by shilka - 6/9/16 at 4:56am
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone EMP Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Onkyo TX NR646  Dali Opticon Vokal x2 Dali Opticon 2 x2 Dali Opticon 1 
AudioOtherOther
Dali E12 F Subwoofer CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New $2500 AUD build