Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Broadwell-E thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Broadwell-E thread - Page 225

post #2241 of 7221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

Depends on the level of stability also. Cache instability can manifest in a lot of ways depend on the point of failure. Not excluding fatal exceptions

It was the cache afterall. 4 hours RB is stable at 3.5 GHz using same voltage.

I am a bit hesitant to OC my 6950X beyond 4.2 GHz which seems to be stable at around 1.25~1.26V. Too much money to lose there. redface.gif I'm going to get the ITP later on, but still.
post #2242 of 7221
Quote:
Originally Posted by xarot View Post

It was the cache afterall. 4 hours RB is stable at 3.5 GHz using same voltage.

I am a bit hesitant to OC my 6950X beyond 4.2 GHz which seems to be stable at around 1.25~1.26V. Too much money to lose there. redface.gif I'm going to get the ITP later on, but still.

Things can get tricky beyond 3.5 if not supplying enough voltage or if cooling is inadequate. No real need to push this far anyway.
post #2243 of 7221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRK11 View Post

How did you manage 4.4GHz on your 6850K? I'm running 4.3GHz on 1.22V , but 4.4GHz always crashes ( I can get few stable minutes at 1.30V)

I'm not running 4.4 on ALL cores. In fact, I have my best core running on 4.5 at 1.355V, while the rest of the cores either run at 4.4 or 4.3GHz. And when using adaptive (or offset) voltages, cores running at a lower multiplier run at a lower voltage (VID).
After I couldn't manage 4.4 on all cores and found out one core needs more than 1.36 to stabilize it, I started experimenting with different multipliers on different cores. So my best core (5) needs a lower voltage for 4.5 than the worst core for 4.4! Somehow it looks like the cores with a higher default VID are the best overclockers.
One advantage with the latest Windows 10 feature update (1607) is that single threaded tasks are now automatically assigned to the best core, so they are running at 4.5GHz.
Broadwell-E
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6850K Asus X99-A II Gigabyte Aorus 1080 ti Kingston HyperX Fury HX426C15FBK4/32 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Samsung 950 PRO 512 Samsung UE48HU7500 Corsair RM 750x Fractal Design Define S 
Mouse
Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Broadwell-E
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6850K Asus X99-A II Gigabyte Aorus 1080 ti Kingston HyperX Fury HX426C15FBK4/32 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Samsung 950 PRO 512 Samsung UE48HU7500 Corsair RM 750x Fractal Design Define S 
Mouse
Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2244 of 7221
Hi, I have read this forum a while and now i have registered user smile.gif (sorry my english is not so good)

My problem is this:

I have 6800k and asus strix x99. I have exactly same settings than video below but processor 4,2 Ghz

My problem is that i can hit 4,1 ghz with no less than 1.275v. and 4,2 ghz no less than 1.35 v. I have test it with RealBench 2.43 (one hour Duration) if i put less voltage, it goes BSOD. My cooler is arctic liquid freezer 240. Temperature with 4,2ghz and 1.35v. are between 60 - 70 C with RealBench one hour stress tess. Is it safe to use 1.35v 24/7 ? Is there something to do with this or do i just have very poor processor? frown.gif

Here is picture when im testing RealBench stresstest



Is my VCCIO too high?
Pc
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Asus Strix x99 Gaming Evga Geforce GTX 1070 Corsair 4x4 Gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 256 Gb Samsunt 850 Evo SSD Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 Windows 10 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Logitech G510s Evga Supernova 750w g2 Fractal design S 
  hide details  
Reply
Pc
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Asus Strix x99 Gaming Evga Geforce GTX 1070 Corsair 4x4 Gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 256 Gb Samsunt 850 Evo SSD Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 Windows 10 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Logitech G510s Evga Supernova 750w g2 Fractal design S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2245 of 7221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRK11 View Post

Deluxe II
clear cmos, enter bios, set the multiplier and turbo voltage to the total volage needed. Set LLC to 5 and VCCIN to 1.92V. Leave SVID on Auto. Set VRM Fault to disabled, and Efficiency to high performance. Leave everything else on Defaults... still behaving as before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sununis View Post

Hi, I have read this forum a while and now i have registered user smile.gif (sorry my english is not so good)

My problem is this:

I have 6800k and asus strix x99. I have exactly same settings than video below but processor 4,2 Ghz

My problem is that i can hit 4,1 ghz with no less than 1.275v. and 4,2 ghz no less than 1.35 v. I have test it with RealBench 2.43 (one hour Duration) if i put less voltage, it goes BSOD. My cooler is arctic liquid freezer 240. Temperature with 4,2ghz and 1.35v. are between 60 - 70 C with RealBench one hour stress tess. Is it safe to use 1.35v 24/7 ? Is there something to do with this or do i just have very poor processor? frown.gif

Here is picture when im testing RealBench stresstest



Is my VCCIO too high?

I think so. Set this to 1.05 or 1.08 in bios.
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2246 of 7221
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgar View Post

If you have adaptive offset to Auto then the max will be what you set in turbo. At least it does for my 6900K.

Edit: You do have strap set to 100, right?

This is not entirely true as you cannot override the VID. Mine goes to 1.298v regardless of what u set turbo to until I realized that I was fighting against my VID setting that's hidden and locked by Intel. In the end it was a good thing because my system was not stable as I had originally thought after several hours of benchmark testing and stress testing. I'm now at 1.310v and very stable with 4.3ghz. I wanted to leave things alone but now I'm reading that the VCCIO value should not be left at auto as mine is 1.256 V… Seems I need to keep doing more research. Temps are fine and things are stable, so what harm can come from leaving VCCIO to auto and letting it run 1.256v?

Also, just for clarification, there is a VCCIO CPU (auto is 1.256v) setting and a VCCIO PCH (auto is 1.050v) sitting in the bios.

Right now, I'm:
VCCIO: 1.256v
VCCSA:.1.248v
PCH Core: 1.050v
CPU Cache: 1.153v
CPU Core: 1.311v (1.310v in BIOS)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6850k Asus Deluxe X99 II asus nvidia 1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express EK EX360 and ES240 radiators with DDC pump and ... windows 10 Pro Asus PG27AQ 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG27AQ Razer mechanical  EVGA 1000 G2 Inwin 909 silver 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700s steelseries Integrated 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6850k Asus Deluxe X99 II asus nvidia 1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express EK EX360 and ES240 radiators with DDC pump and ... windows 10 Pro Asus PG27AQ 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG27AQ Razer mechanical  EVGA 1000 G2 Inwin 909 silver 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700s steelseries Integrated 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2247 of 7221
Bring VCCIO down to 1.05 and VCCSA down to 1.0 and see if you are still stable.

If this causes instability(doubtful) I would adjust VCCSA within a range of 0.95-1.1 and VCCIO between 1.05 and 1.1 and see what works. Those seem to be pretty standard ranges for these voltages across the overclock's I've seen on here and from my own experience on these chips.

The other voltages you listed all seem fine. The other I would look at to make sure it is not on auto is VCCIN. I think for most people 1.92 has been sufficient but It can range from 1.9-1.95 depending on your overclock.

As always, make one change at a time and ensure stability along each step of the way to make the source of any problems that may arise more apparent.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6900k Asus x99 Deluxe II NVidia 980 Ti G-Skill F4-3200C14Q-64GTZSW 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung Evo 950 PRO m.2 Corsair h100i v2 CLC  EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR NZXT s340 white 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6900k Asus x99 Deluxe II NVidia 980 Ti G-Skill F4-3200C14Q-64GTZSW 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung Evo 950 PRO m.2 Corsair h100i v2 CLC  EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR NZXT s340 white 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2248 of 7221
Quote:
Originally Posted by sununis View Post

Hi, I have read this forum a while and now i have registered user smile.gif (sorry my english is not so good)

My problem is this:

I have 6800k and asus strix x99. I have exactly same settings than video below but processor 4,2 Ghz Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My problem is that i can hit 4,1 ghz with no less than 1.275v. and 4,2 ghz no less than 1.35 v. I have test it with RealBench 2.43 (one hour Duration) if i put less voltage, it goes BSOD. My cooler is arctic liquid freezer 240. Temperature with 4,2ghz and 1.35v. are between 60 - 70 C with RealBench one hour stress tess. Is it safe to use 1.35v 24/7 ? Is there something to do with this or do i just have very poor processor? frown.gif

Here is picture when im testing RealBench stresstest Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Is my VCCIO too high?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post


I think so. Set this to 1.05 or 1.08 in bios.

Also, his vccin (VRM in Aida) is 1.77 - looks way too low, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity21 View Post

This is not entirely true as you cannot override the VID. Mine goes to 1.298v regardless of what u set turbo to until I realized that I was fighting against my VID setting that's hidden and locked by Intel. In the end it was a good thing because my system was not stable as I had originally thought after several hours of benchmark testing and stress testing. I'm now at 1.310v and very stable with 4.3ghz. I wanted to leave things alone but now I'm reading that the VCCIO value should not be left at auto as mine is 1.256 V… Seems I need to keep doing more research. Temps are fine and things are stable, so what harm can come from leaving VCCIO to auto and letting it run 1.256v?

Also, just for clarification, there is a VCCIO CPU (auto is 1.256v) setting and a VCCIO PCH (auto is 1.050v) sitting in the bios.

Right now, I'm:
VCCIO: 1.256v
VCCSA:.1.248v
PCH Core: 1.050v
CPU Cache: 1.153v
CPU Core: 1.311v (1.310v in BIOS)

I can only attest to my system's behavior. In adaptive mode with offset on Auto and Turbo = 1.4 my idle vcore is 0.79 and ramps up to 1.4 steady at 100% with vid fluctuating slightly around 1.4. And yes, vccio @ 1.256 is way high. Try 1.05 and move up if unstable. At my voltages close to the edge of disaster I'm using 1.15

But I'm using offset mode @ strap 125 now due to bclk / cache / dimm frequency frequency alignments.
post #2249 of 7221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

clear cmos, enter bios, set the multiplier and turbo voltage to the total volage needed. Set LLC to 5 and VCCIN to 1.92V. Leave SVID on Auto. Set VRM Fault to disabled, and Efficiency to high performance. Leave everything else on Defaults... still behaving as before?
I think so. Set this to 1.05 or 1.08 in bios.

Im not sure if i can clear cmos. Im not expert :/ I restored settings (f5) and, put 4,2 ghz and 1.3v., LLC 5 and VCCIN to 1.92 When i start Realbench, in one minute BSOD

After this i load my earlier settings and i lowered VCCIO. Im not sure what to do now? Maybe i have real poor processor!

Pc
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Asus Strix x99 Gaming Evga Geforce GTX 1070 Corsair 4x4 Gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 256 Gb Samsunt 850 Evo SSD Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 Windows 10 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Logitech G510s Evga Supernova 750w g2 Fractal design S 
  hide details  
Reply
Pc
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Asus Strix x99 Gaming Evga Geforce GTX 1070 Corsair 4x4 Gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 256 Gb Samsunt 850 Evo SSD Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 Windows 10 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Logitech G510s Evga Supernova 750w g2 Fractal design S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2250 of 7221
Quote:
Originally Posted by sununis View Post

Im not sure if i can clear cmos. Im not expert :/ I restored settings (f5) and, put 4,2 ghz and 1.3v., LLC 5 and VCCIN to 1.92 When i start Realbench, in one minute BSOD

After this i load my earlier settings and i lowered VCCIO. Im not sure what to do now? Maybe i have real poor processor!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

What's your cache speed and voltage? You should fill out a system description.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Broadwell-E thread