Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Unconventional W10 install to laptop
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unconventional W10 install to laptop

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
My laptop's HDD is slow as heck and it's got freezing issues. I just got an SSD to replace it. I tried installing an SSD a few months ago but there was no way to get the OS on it because my laptop's BIOS doesn't recognize bootable USBs and the Windows 8 DVD I have kept freezing right off the bat, which makes me think the Windows 8 DVD is broken or my laptop's DVD drive is broken.

So I was thinking of creating a DVD with Windows 10 ISO on it and seeing if that would install. How would I do that and if that doesn't install how could I possibly get Windows 8 or 10 on my PC? I have a Windows 7 disc too but that key is currently installed on my desktop. I need to get at least something on it because I can upgrade to Windows 10 from there.

Does anyone have any suggestions or help to get this thing up and running? It's an Acer V551G X12 I believe. It's in the V551G family. I don't have the laptop with me. And I know, it sucks. I bought it when I had no money. And I don't have the money to replace it either.
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 5
Clone the old harddrive to the ssd using marcuim reflex on your desktop.
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDxpress View Post

Clone the old harddrive to the ssd using marcuim reflex on your desktop.

Unfortunately that might not work because my HDD is 500 GB and my SSD is 120 GB. I will only be using this computer for the Internet and running an SNES emulator so I won't need much space.
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thready View Post

My laptop's HDD is slow as heck and it's got freezing issues. I just got an SSD to replace it. I tried installing an SSD a few months ago but there was no way to get the OS on it because my laptop's BIOS doesn't recognize bootable USBs and the Windows 8 DVD I have kept freezing right off the bat, which makes me think the Windows 8 DVD is broken or my laptop's DVD drive is broken.

So I was thinking of creating a DVD with Windows 10 ISO on it and seeing if that would install. How would I do that and if that doesn't install how could I possibly get Windows 8 or 10 on my PC? I have a Windows 7 disc too but that key is currently installed on my desktop. I need to get at least something on it because I can upgrade to Windows 10 from there.

Does anyone have any suggestions or help to get this thing up and running? It's an Acer V551G X12 I believe. It's in the V551G family. I don't have the laptop with me. And I know, it sucks. I bought it when I had no money. And I don't have the money to replace it either.

Create a Windows 10 installation media or ISO on another computer.

Use this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 [The one labelled download too now]
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770 MSI B75MA-P45 ASUS GTX 660 Ti DirectCU (2GB DDR5) 16GB of RAM (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x1TB HDD (Seagate and Western Digital) ASUS DVD-RW Stock Cooling Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" HP LED Backlit LCD (1920x1080) Dell Seasonic S12II-620 PSU Antec 300 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Dell Razer Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770 MSI B75MA-P45 ASUS GTX 660 Ti DirectCU (2GB DDR5) 16GB of RAM (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x1TB HDD (Seagate and Western Digital) ASUS DVD-RW Stock Cooling Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" HP LED Backlit LCD (1920x1080) Dell Seasonic S12II-620 PSU Antec 300 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Dell Razer Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post

Create a Windows 10 installation media or ISO on another computer.

Use this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 [The one labelled download too now]

Ok I'll try that. Thanks
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
Zen
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI RX 480 4GB 24 GB DDR4 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 evo OCZ Vertex 4 Crucial MX 500 256GB WD Black 3 TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1 TB H60 Windows 10 Asus mx27a 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
hp 2009 m Corsair MR Brown Antec Earthwatts 650 Razer Naga 
Audio
Soundblaster Omni 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Unconventional W10 install to laptop