Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [AMD] Polaris based RX 480 and "High performance solutions" announced at computex
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[AMD] Polaris based RX 480 and "High performance solutions" announced at computex - Page 80

post #791 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post

You just didn't know it was Polaris. wink.gif
Dec 2015
http://wccftech.com/exclusive-amd-pursuing-aggressive-performance-watt-finfet-generation-d-gpus-vega10-codename/
Try again.

edit: corrected date

Ahhhh, 18 bil transistors Vega 10. One can dream >_>
Snappy
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K 1.428V 4900MHz GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Sapphire R9 Fury X Corsair CMD16GX3M4A2133C9 Dominator Platinum 16... 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB Corsair H110i GT Seasonic Platinum SS-760XP2 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Mamba 4G 2012 Edition Genesis Soft Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Snappy
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K 1.428V 4900MHz GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK Sapphire R9 Fury X Corsair CMD16GX3M4A2133C9 Dominator Platinum 16... 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB Corsair H110i GT Seasonic Platinum SS-760XP2 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Mamba 4G 2012 Edition Genesis Soft Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #792 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

well the shader engines indeed were a change into the architecture not only the block diagrams



but the "building blocks" which are Compute engines ffrom First GCN iteration to the third they remained the same but there wasa patent linked on a thread which suggested a change in the CU for Polaris

http://www.overclock.net/t/1572716/directx-12-asynchronous-compute-an-exercise-in-crowd-sourcing/210#post_25104787

In the same way a V6 engine producing 150HP in the 70's compares to 4 Cylinders that now are capable of producing 250 hp....

Engine technology progress is actually very similiar to GPU/CPU Progress, it just happens on a much slower scale. Graphics technologies haven't changed majorly since the days of G80..

Which is around 100 years in car time.
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #793 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post

Ahhhh, 18 bil transistors Vega 10. One can dream >_>

If you look at GP100, it's not out of the range of possibility. The problem is getting higher yields from samsung. As it stands, no full Polaris GPU is known to exist. Yet we know from AMD architecture that it was intended to have 40 CU'S and then somewhat compete with the 1070, which truly only exists to pick up yields from the 1080 on 16nm

If we have this problem on the small scale, we can imagine the problems AMD will have to overcome with vega 10 let alone Vega 11 ( Vega 10 is reportedly the smaller of the Vega series (with a low-400mm die size according to newer rumors)

The reason the GP100 is currently being sold for 15,000$ is also likely yield-related

Who knows, in a full year we might see a GP100(titan 4) release to compete with Vega 11
Edited by Buris - 6/2/16 at 1:23pm
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #794 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buris View Post

If you look at GP100, it's not out of the range of possibility. The problem is getting higher yields from samsung. As it stands, no full Polaris GPU is known to exist. Yet we know from AMD architecture that it was intended to have 40 CU'S and then somewhat compete with the 1070, which truly only exists to pick up yields from the 1080 on 16nm

If we have this problem on the small scale, we can imagine the problems AMD will have to overcome with vega 10 let alone Vega 11 ( Vega 10 is reportedly the smaller of the Vega series (with a low-400mm die size according to newer rumors)

The reason the GP100 is currently being sold for 15,000$ is also likely yield-related
lisa literally said polaris will have from 100 too 300 bucks cards we just saw a 200 one and you say there will be no bigger card?
post #795 of 1394
300 = AIB version of the 8gb 480
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
post #796 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfathaaaaa View Post

lisa literally said polaris will have from 100 too 300 bucks cards we just saw a 200 one and you say there will be no bigger card?

Let's just say there's a reason AMD is announcing the cut down version first, a paper launch of a 485 or 480x is possible, but more likely there will be factory OC'ed RX480 with 2 six pins running at 1500mhz competing with the stock 1070 at 300$ rather than a full Polaris sku, at least for a few months... Vega 10 will come in and handily beat the 1080 and 1070 in November regardless for 400$ and 600$ respectively, then GP102 1080Ti and Titan 3 will be released taking the crown back to nvidia
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanus
(12 items)
 
LS-FX2
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD K15 970A-G46 (MS-7693) AMD R9 290 G.Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill Yes 24 Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional Gs90 series Microsoft sidewinder Tx750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza solano 1000 Logitech G500 Starcraft 2 "Zerg Rush" mousepad 2.1 "average" system 
Other
Blue Yeti Microphone 
GraphicsMonitorKeyboardCase
gt 320 13 inch built-in apple alluminum unibody 
Mouse
apple trackpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #797 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

300 = AIB version of the 8gb 480

Not likely the reason he stated $300, the logical explanation for him stating $100-$300 is because they will have a $100 product on the bottom and a $300 offering on top, with however many they choose in between.
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #798 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buris View Post

Let's just say there's a reason AMD is announcing the cut down version first, a paper launch of a 485 or 480x is possible, but more likely there will be factory OC'ed RX480 with 2 six pins running at 1500mhz competing with the stock 1070 at 300$ rather than a full Polaris sku, at least for a few months... Vega 10 will come in and handily beat the 1080 and 1070 in November regardless for 400$ and 600$ respectively, then GP102 1080Ti and Titan 3 will be released taking the crown back to nvidia


Hmm you must be an expert, any factual based sources other than AMD saying they are better? I will wait.
And dont even pull out a Ashes benchmark, that is the only thing that AMD has.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 atx MSI 660ti SLI Corsair Vengeance 1866mHz 16Gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Mx200 250 GB, 1TB WD Black Corsair H80  Win7 Home Premium Corsair 850HX 
Case
Carbide 400R 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.8 Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 atx MSI 660ti SLI Corsair Vengeance 1866mHz 16Gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Mx200 250 GB, 1TB WD Black Corsair H80  Win7 Home Premium Corsair 850HX 
Case
Carbide 400R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #799 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post

Not likely the reason he stated $300, the logical explanation for him stating $100-$300 is because they will have a $100 product on the bottom and a $300 offering on top, with however many they choose in between.

Yep, and AMD wouldn't know what the highest costing configuration their AIB partners would have anyway. XFX on Reddit already hinted they are looking into making a $400 card with the ability to swap air and watercooling.
post #800 of 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buris View Post

Let's just say there's a reason AMD is announcing the cut down version first, a paper launch of a 485 or 480x is possible, but more likely there will be factory OC'ed RX480 with 2 six pins running at 1500mhz competing with the stock 1070 at 300$ rather than a full Polaris sku, at least for a few months... Vega 10 will come in and handily beat the 1080 and 1070 in November regardless for 400$ and 600$ respectively, then GP102 1080Ti and Titan 3 will be released taking the crown back to nvidia
we dont even know how the 480 stack up yet you say it will need 300 more mhz to even compete with 1070? lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [AMD] Polaris based RX 480 and "High performance solutions" announced at computex