Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TR] Nvidia CEO: VR immersion problems 20 years from being solved
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TR] Nvidia CEO: VR immersion problems 20 years from being solved - Page 4

post #31 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by prznar1 View Post

dude, its not about that. It is only about the fact that nvidia wanted to milk vr market with 600-700$ card. Meanwhile AMD just litteraly cut their hose with air while they jumped on deep water. So now they will do anything they can to discredit vr. But infact he is only saying the damn obcious things. Meanwhile AMD is doing all they can to lower the entry lvl price of vr, and by this doing something more then just empty talks on conference. Nvidia is afraid of polaris, and AMD was right that Nvidia should be afraid of it biggrin.gif

Where did the "discredit vr"? Or have you read that in the crystal ball or used a 480 with 970 performance to read his mind?
The article is written in a way to attack but both the quotes and his answer have nothing to do with discrediting VR, but about that it needs more to improve.
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 207
This really tells me that AMD has done something this time. I really hope AMD comes through this time, it's about time the market has gotten some competition. Tired of these $600+ GPUs.
post #33 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by xentrox View Post

This really tells me that AMD has done something this time. I really hope AMD comes through this time, it's about time the market has gotten some competition. Tired of these $700+ GPUs.

Fixed.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 1050 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 212 10 64 32 1080 
PowerCase
700 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Saying how great the 1080 for current VR has nothing to do with it. VR has a long way to go to really use its potential to be closer to real life than just sitting close to your screen.
Tell me something i don't know. or others don't know. Making a screen hanging in front of your eyes is not vr at all, its just another position for screen. But you have to start somewehre, and now AMD made a critical turning point with lowering the entry lvl price. Guess what will happen. More of VR headsets will showup. More sold headsets, more need on better tech, better tech, better experience. smile.gif
post #35 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by prznar1 View Post

dude, its not about that. It is only about the fact that nvidia wanted to milk vr market with 600-700$ card. Meanwhile AMD just litteraly cut their hose with air while they jumped on deep water. So now they will do anything they can to discredit vr. But infact he is only saying the damn obvious things. Meanwhile AMD is doing all they can to lower the entry lvl price of vr, and by this doing something more then just empty talks on conference. Nvidia is afraid of polaris, and AMD was right that Nvidia should be afraid of it biggrin.gif
AMD is doing what now? you got all this from announcement of RX480, which will be priced and perform about the same as GTX1060?

will AMD buy 800 euro Vive for me and huge American style house with dedicated room for VR gaming? i don't see how 200 euro card here makes VR more affordable, hack, even if GTX1080 was 200 euro it wouldn't make VR more affordable for me, and I already have a top of the line gaming rig easily capable of VR.
post #36 of 207
Nvidia quick to respond to the AMD news.
post #37 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Saying how great the 1080 for current VR has nothing to do with it. VR has a long way to go to really use its potential to be closer to real life than just sitting close to your screen.
All caps is like yelling in the middle of time square to the air. No one cares and you just look like a crazy person.
Are you all over your CEO for over a year old performance as a "new improved thing"? Or a claim for retaking the market with words and zero proof for it?
No ish VR has a long way to go, its pretty convenient that Jen has to pop this little nugget out moments after AMD release their product that is highly marketed around VR.

It's okay sunshine, Nvidia doesn't need you to protect their feelings, you can relax, no need to defend a faceless corporation here.

That goes for the rest of Nvidia's Feelings Defense Squad that's been in overdrive of late, people are allowed to voice their negative opinions about something you know?
post #38 of 207
I believe nVidia was supporting VR, but stating the fact that it is no where near a developed mature technology. thumb.gif
post #39 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottis View Post

AMD is doing what now? you got all this from announcement of RX480, which will be priced and perform about the same as GTX1060?

will AMD buy 800 euro Vive for me and huge American style house with dedicated room for VR gaming? i don't see how 200 euro card here makes VR more affordable, hack, even if GTX1080 was 200 euro it wouldn't make VR more affordable for me, and I already have a top of the line gaming rig easily capable of VR.
HMD+gpu-

200+600 or 600+600, which one is better deal ? as long as both are giving same vr experience?
post #40 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Where did the "discredit vr"? Or have you read that in the crystal ball or used a 480 with 970 performance to read his mind?
The article is written in a way to attack but both the quotes and his answer have nothing to do with discrediting VR, but about that it needs more to improve.
Sure, his direct words are nothing special, but read between lines and confront what he said now with what he said at gtx 1080 presentation. After seeing the price of p10 he want to say to people that vr is meh atm, not worth to bother. Do you get it now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TR] Nvidia CEO: VR immersion problems 20 years from being solved