Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › Razer Core Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Razer Core Reviews - Page 4

post #31 of 46
Did I read that right? You get WORSE performance with the Core added?
post #32 of 46
A 980M would get better fps than the 970 despite being 8% weaker.
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

You can use a 27" monitor with a laptop. It's not hard.

The mobile version of desktop GTX 1080 will be on laptops soon.

You are just being ignorant to support your own point.

Ignorent?
How much are the high end laptops weight compared to a measly 13" one?
You can run a high power demanding game with a 13" laptop weighting 1.5kg connected to a core + 27", and take the laptop with you in a small back barely noticing it.
Now do the same thing with a 4.4kg high end laptop like the asus rog laptop.

The ones ignorant are the ones completely invalidating an idea they can't grasp its uses.

A desktop 1080 might come, yet how much power it will require to power it? How much will the laptop weight? How hot it will be?
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Chan View Post

A 980M would get better fps than the 970 despite being 8% weaker.

Yet you can put a 980 or 1080 or fury or 480 in it.
Replace that 980m with any GPU you want. In 3 years, you will be stuck with that 980m, unless you buy a brand new laptop, or just buy a new GPU if you have the core. You can buy a new laptop and use the same GPU as before and not have to pay the extra for a dGPU for that laptop, keeping it small, light and less costly.
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Yet you can put a 980 or 1080 or fury or 480 in it.
Replace that 980m with any GPU you want. In 3 years, you will be stuck with that 980m, unless you buy a brand new laptop, or just buy a new GPU if you have the core. You can buy a new laptop and use the same GPU as before and not have to pay the extra for a dGPU for that laptop, keeping it small, light and less costly.

That's why you buy laptop with mxm, if you need to change the internal GPU you're not limited to buying a new laptop entirely.
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
紅魔館
(12 items)
 
秋山 澪
(11 items)
 
For Sale: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2400 / 1TB 2.5" HDD
$40 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASUS X99 Deluxe Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4G DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black 4TB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Dell CH30N BD-Read Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Noctua NF-A14 PWM x6 Windows 10 Enterprise EVGA 750W G2 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 7700K P870KM1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Gskill 3000MHz 16GB F4-3000C16D-16GRS  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 Pro 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorPowerCase
AUO B173QTN01.0 2560x1440p G-sync  Eurocom 780W Clevo P870KM1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

You can use a 27" monitor with a laptop. It's not hard.

The mobile version of desktop GTX 1080 will be on laptops soon.

You are just being ignorant to support your own point.

Ignorent?
How much are the high end laptops weight compared to a measly 13" one?
You can run a high power demanding game with a 13" laptop weighting 1.5kg connected to a core + 27", and take the laptop with you in a small back barely noticing it.
Now do the same thing with a 4.4kg high end laptop like the asus rog laptop.

The ones ignorant are the ones completely invalidating an idea they can't grasp its uses.

A desktop 1080 might come, yet how much power it will require to power it? How much will the laptop weight? How hot it will be?

Forgot the core used a 970. Like the other guy said, 980M is probably more powerful, and a 15inch laptop with 980M is 2.6kg

http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(1,339,0)ec

That laptop uses MXM so you can upgrade anytime.
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 46
to me this review is kinda meh
how knowledgeable is this guy
some files might need file tweaks

why would be there be untested?
why wouldnt all specs be posted? all variables need to be accounted for? was throttling an issue?
why wouldnt it be tested on the desktop too? need a bottom line on loss of performance

we have seen many of these products come out and this one seems like lack of everything
Edited by pas008 - 6/2/16 at 7:38am
post #38 of 46
Not sure which 1.5kg laptop you are talking about, but the Blade is 2kg fpr 14inch.
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

It didn't work with the XPS.
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Bac G5
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6950X EVGA GTX 1080 Ti GSkill 32GB 4133Mhz Samsung 960 Pro 1TB 
CoolingMonitor
Corsair H110i ASUS PG278Q 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Yet you can put a 980 or 1080 or fury or 480 in it.
Replace that 980m with any GPU you want. In 3 years, you will be stuck with that 980m, unless you buy a brand new laptop, or just buy a new GPU if you have the core. You can buy a new laptop and use the same GPU as before and not have to pay the extra for a dGPU for that laptop, keeping it small, light and less costly.
Laptops without MXM can't be upgraded, but they can't use a socketed processor either. A laptop with unlocked bios should beat the razer core/razer laptop with matching gpu every time.
post #40 of 46
I wonder if the Core would work any better with an AMD card?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › Razer Core Reviews