Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [VideoCardz] AMD Radeon RX 490X Specifications
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[VideoCardz] AMD Radeon RX 490X Specifications - Page 25

post #241 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menta View Post

I have not edited any thing mate, i don´t care nor do i wish to change your mind or any one else for that matter....Nvidia has 80% market share on pure blind luck because people know the best parts to get. biggrin.gif

Ok then maybe I mistook the 'general perceptions' (from who knows where you found them..............) as your own.

I haven't seen any of those ridiculous perceptions on OCN so maybe you go on less knowledgeable forums? In which I'd suggest to not believe everything you read or hear.

Nvidia has 80% marketshare because it's consistently provided a good product and support. But the negativity surrounding AMD is highly exaggerated as you would know, by the so called 'general perceptions' you stated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolerk52 View Post

380 is actually better in every way, there's no point in getting a 960 aside from "NVIDIA".
And how do you change those perceptions? Marketing.

The way it happened in the first place is NVIDIA's superior marketing, now to dig out of this hole AMD has to get their marketing right.

I haven't really done much research on the two cards in question so wouldn't really know which one was better.

It's going to take a lot more than good marketing to pull AMD out of the hole created in people's minds. It will take a decade of good products along with good marketing I reckon.

Plus the new generation of gamers only know Nvidia and they are blind consumers.

I've done builds for younger people and they are convinced Nvidia has the faster cards because their friend at school told them so.

It's a really ignorant consumer base for tech these days, I think a lot of it stems from AMD not being competitive in the enthusiast cpu segment too.
Edited by Waitng4realGPU - 6/7/16 at 6:46am
post #242 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menta View Post

...stuff....Nvidia has 80% market share on pure blind luck because people know the best parts to get. biggrin.gif

(OT)
Absolutely! tongue.gif
post #243 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitng4realGPU View Post

Ok then maybe I mistook the 'general perceptions' (from who knows where you found them..............) as your own.

I haven't seen any of those ridiculous perceptions on OCN so maybe you go on less knowledgeable forums? In which I'd suggest to not believe everything you read or hear.

Nvidia has 80% marketshare because it's consistently provided a good product and support. But the negativity surrounding AMD is highly exaggerated as you would know, by the so called 'general perceptions' you stated.

Mate i am just plain consumer like any one else i stay informed the best possible way like any semi " enthusiast" can be.....i am actually rooting for AMD to come out swinging because prices are sky high and there is not a enough competitive products right now.

i will buy a product best suited for my needs and not blindly but not free from marketing tactics some times people still make the wrong choice any way.
Menta
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4970k  Asus Maximus Hero vii ASUS Strix 980 GTX Trident X 2400mhz cl10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
Samsung Evo 850 WD blue 1 tera  Noctua nh-d15  Seasonic 760 platinum  
Case
Nzxt H440  
  hide details  
Reply
Menta
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4970k  Asus Maximus Hero vii ASUS Strix 980 GTX Trident X 2400mhz cl10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
Samsung Evo 850 WD blue 1 tera  Noctua nh-d15  Seasonic 760 platinum  
Case
Nzxt H440  
  hide details  
Reply
post #244 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitng4realGPU View Post

I haven't really done much research on the two cards in question so wouldn't really know which one was better.

It's going to take a lot more than good marketing to pull AMD out of the hole created in people's minds. It will take a decade of good products along with good marketing I reckon.

Plus the new generation of gamers only know Nvidia and they are blind consumers.

I've done builds for younger people and they are convinced Nvidia has the faster cards because their friend at school told them so.

It's a really ignorant consumer base for tech these days, I think a lot of it stems from AMD not being competitive in the enthusiast cpu segment too.
Never said it's going to be easy.
post #245 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menta View Post

Mate i am just plain consumer like any one else i stay informed the best possible way like any semi " enthusiast" can be.....i am actually rooting for AMD to come out swinging because prices are sky high and there is not a enough competitive products right now.

i will buy a product best suited for my needs and not blindly but not free from marketing tactics some times people still make the wrong choice any way.

Well you're obviously informed you've been on here since 2013, I was just shocked when you came out with those really extreme perceptions and as I said I got confused between them being your own, or them just being perceptions you had witnessed.

If AMD don't succeed with these products I'm probably going to ditch being an enthusiast and start playing consoles again lol.

Even if the products are a success are the consumers and reviewers going to allow them to be successful though? That is the biggest problem in the enthusiast segment at the moment.

That is why AMD are going hard for contracts in consoles, notebooks, laptops etc first to solidify profits and their existence in the industry.

The enthusiast segment has basically shunned them even though they've been pretty competitive through tough times.
Edited by Waitng4realGPU - 6/7/16 at 6:58am
post #246 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitng4realGPU View Post

Well you're obviously informed you've been on here since 2013, I was just shocked when you came out with those really extreme perceptions and as I said I got confused between them being your own, or them just being perceptions you had witnessed.

If AMD don't succeed with these products I'm probably going to ditch being an enthusiast and start playing consoles again lol.

Even if the products are a success are the consumers and reviewers going to allow them to be successful though, that is the biggest problem in the enthusiast segment at the moment.

That is why AMD are going hard for contracts in consoles, notebooks, laptops etc first to solidify profits and their existence in the industry.

The enthusiast segment has basically shunned them even though they've been pretty competitive through tough times.

I have said in other threads that AMD looks like it is on the right track for example 480 has the ability to be a great card, efficient, performance and price why would a product that tiks all the boxes fail.

Now waiting for Vega just wish they came sooner.

Zen could be great but i have been not following very closely but then again i hear good things here and there.....and that is perception all over the place....
Menta
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4970k  Asus Maximus Hero vii ASUS Strix 980 GTX Trident X 2400mhz cl10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
Samsung Evo 850 WD blue 1 tera  Noctua nh-d15  Seasonic 760 platinum  
Case
Nzxt H440  
  hide details  
Reply
Menta
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4970k  Asus Maximus Hero vii ASUS Strix 980 GTX Trident X 2400mhz cl10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
Samsung Evo 850 WD blue 1 tera  Noctua nh-d15  Seasonic 760 platinum  
Case
Nzxt H440  
  hide details  
Reply
post #247 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

This cant be Vega 10(Fiji / Hawaii replacement), 380 to 480 increased the SP by 28% then So will vega.also HBM is will use use 4096 Bit at 2GHz not 1,4GHz
HBM clocks are the same as DDR, the chart ssuggest it is GDDR5(QDR).the clocks for HBM 2 is 2GHz not 1.4GHz, and even


Clocks are irrelevant. Bandwidth is the key number.
The Little Guy
(20 items)
 
I come in peace
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99-A MSI R9-290X 2 x Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW 2.5" 512... Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator - Blue EK Supremacy CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel ... EK Radeon R9-290X VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Ac... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsoon Series Two Premium D5 / MCP655 Dual Bay... Swiftech MCP655-PWM-DRIVE 12v Water Pump Module... 3 x Noctual NF-F12 120 x 25mm PWM fan Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
2 x Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" IPS Asus MG279Q 27" 144 Hz IPS Freesync 35-90Hz Range Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair AX-860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Naga 2014 Left-Hand edition Razer Vespula Creative Labs Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 ASUS Crosshair V XFX R7-260X-CNF4 Core Edition Radeon R7 260X 2G... Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate NAS HDD ST2000VN000 2TB 64MB Cache ... 2 x OCZ Vertex 3 240 GB Corsair H-80 Windows Server 2012 Essentials 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair HX-850 Lian Li PC-X500B LSI 9300 MegaRAID SAS 9361-8i (LSI00417) PCI-Ex... LSI LSICVM02 (LSI00418) CacheVault Accessory Ki... 
Other
Intel Ethernet Server Adapter i210 
Other
Surface Book 
  hide details  
Reply
The Little Guy
(20 items)
 
I come in peace
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99-A MSI R9-290X 2 x Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW 2.5" 512... Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator - Blue EK Supremacy CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel ... EK Radeon R9-290X VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Ac... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Monsoon Series Two Premium D5 / MCP655 Dual Bay... Swiftech MCP655-PWM-DRIVE 12v Water Pump Module... 3 x Noctual NF-F12 120 x 25mm PWM fan Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
2 x Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" IPS Asus MG279Q 27" 144 Hz IPS Freesync 35-90Hz Range Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair AX-860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Naga 2014 Left-Hand edition Razer Vespula Creative Labs Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 ASUS Crosshair V XFX R7-260X-CNF4 Core Edition Radeon R7 260X 2G... Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
4 x Seagate NAS HDD ST2000VN000 2TB 64MB Cache ... 2 x OCZ Vertex 3 240 GB Corsair H-80 Windows Server 2012 Essentials 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair HX-850 Lian Li PC-X500B LSI 9300 MegaRAID SAS 9361-8i (LSI00417) PCI-Ex... LSI LSICVM02 (LSI00418) CacheVault Accessory Ki... 
Other
Intel Ethernet Server Adapter i210 
Other
Surface Book 
  hide details  
Reply
post #248 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serios View Post

I don't know man, not every single person overclocks and someone that read more than the title would knew that Nvidia exaggerated with that 2100mhz clock and the 67C temperature.


Your problem is you think that dishonest perceptions are AMD's problem, they are not and you just proved it.
AMD has problem with real weaknesses. You say AMD has heat and efficiency problems and you may be right, you say the are late with CF support and you are right etc. but this is exactly what they are trying to fix whit Polaris, that is why they are insisting on efficiency that is why they are trying to seed the idea that their new GPUs are great for VR.
Not saying you're wrong, but, the weaknesses only matter when it's AMD. AMD got a lot of backlash because the Fury X didn't overclock so well, despite them saying it's an overclocker's dream. Compare that to the GTX 970 3.5GB backlash. Yeah, there was one, but, a lot of people bought it anyway under the argument that the 0.5 GB doesn't really make a difference.

That's the thing. When AMD does something wrong, it's pointed out, and people stand by it and refuse to buy their product. nVidia does something wrong repetitively, they get criticism, but excuses are made up as to why the card is great anyway, and a lot of people don't even accept the criticism as being valid in the first place. The cards sell anyway.
AMD does something right, like the Fury Nano. Suddenly the power consumption reduction isn't as important, the cooler size isn't as important etc. But the launch price, oh so awful, so high, and then they turn and go buy an nVidia card for double the price.... And oh yeah, the throttling. Not buying the Fury Nano because throttling! How many people have complained about the throttling on the 1080? Exactly...

nVidia is so powerful in changing people's perception just because of their brand, that they managed to hijack the term async compute to mean something completely different than what it was supposed to mean when AMD brought it forward. It benefits nVidia because they can pretend their hardware supports the AMD feature that everyone claims they don't, and at the same time it completely puts one of the best features of AMD's hardware on the sidelines so it gets neglected.

That's where AMD is at.
Edited by NightAntilli - 6/7/16 at 8:03am
post #249 of 374
AMD would do a lot better if they didn't take so long to release GPUs that compete with Nvidia. R9 380/390 released almost full year after 970/980. By that time anyone who was planning to upgrade had already upgraded with Nvidia GPU since AMD had nothing to offer. And now it's the same again. 1070/1080 is coming out and where is R9 490... end of the year, early next year, again full year after GP104 launch?
Edited by Glottis - 6/7/16 at 8:02am
post #250 of 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottis View Post

AMD would do a lot better if they didn't take so long to release GPUs that compete with Nvidia. R9 380/390 released almost full year after 970/980. By that time anyone who was planning to upgrade had already upgraded with Nvidia GPU since AMD had nothing to offer. And now it's the same again. 1070/1080 is coming it and where is R9 490... end of the year, early next year, again full year after GP104 launch?
Considering everyone knows that the Rx 3xx series are mostly rebrands of the Rx 2xx series, especially the R9 R290(X) to the R9 390(X), I fail to see how this flies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [VideoCardz] AMD Radeon RX 490X Specifications