Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [AMD] RSC 16.6.1 Out Now! (6th June 2016 - Inc. DS3 CFX)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[AMD] RSC 16.6.1 Out Now! (6th June 2016 - Inc. DS3 CFX) - Page 11

post #101 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

So you are saying AMD puts as much effort at working with developers as Nvidia?

Im sure they don't but when you get invited late to the party you can't exactly catch up. Did we forget the Arkham fiasco, game was so bad on release they canceled it, then they invited nvidia to fix it, then nvidia didn't fix anything and the game still runs god awful.

What i want to know is why hairworks destroys AMD framerates but tressfx destroys BOTH platforms EQUALLY?

If a dev decides to invite AMD after 3 years of development and nvidia already has a 3years head start i mean honestly how can they optimize a game even remotely as well as nvidia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

I love cars, but I can't afford the only cars I like frown.gif

Cant either its why when i moved i bought a car that Americans would be envious about, the lovely Swift Sport.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

And to say AMD CFX support is the last thing to worry about, you might want to tell AMD, since that is exactly how they are trying to sell their latest product.

AMD used two rx480 is crossfire to show it would perform better and use less power than a single 1080. They aren't trying to sell crossfire setups, they are just showing what is possible. AMD does care about that 1% of card setups, but it must fix the issues with the other 99% of the market first. Also since AMD do not control game developers it's solely on the game developers to release a working product to the people purchasing their games. It's only up to AMD to try and make their products looks best against their competitors products.

people usually only purchase gpus, when they need a new one because A. The old one died, B. The old one cannot provide satisfactory experience in newer games.

Crossfire and Sli may see a general upswing due to dx12, and VR, but i'd hardly say either AMD or Nvidia is focused on crossfire/sli. Reality is that crossfire/sli support is entirely up the game dev, optimization is up to AMD/Nvidia.
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebduncan View Post

AMD used two rx480 is crossfire to show it would perform better and use less power than a single 1080. They aren't trying to sell crossfire setups, they are just showing what is possible. AMD does care about that 1% of card setups, but it must fix the issues with the other 99% of the market first. Also since AMD do not control game developers it's solely on the game developers to release a working product to the people purchasing their games. It's only up to AMD to try and make their products looks best against their competitors products.

people usually only purchase gpus, when they need a new one because A. The old one died, B. The old one cannot provide satisfactory experience in newer games.

Crossfire and Sli may see a general upswing due to dx12, and VR, but i'd hardly say either AMD or Nvidia is focused on crossfire/sli. Reality is that crossfire/sli support is entirely up the game dev, optimization is up to AMD/Nvidia.



Not sure I comprehend your argument, are you trying to say AMD wasn't using two cards in crossfire as a comparison to the 1080 in order to sell their new RX480 cards? Cause that is what I said. Or are you saying AMD is only the business of showing what is possible, and doesn't care about selling cards? Because that makes no sense.

What also makes no sense is AMD demoing their new product using a technology they hardly support, but they did it anyway.... And apparently it worked, because it doesn't take much looking around in any tech forum to see people discussing getting two RX480's for $400. And somehow I am supposed to believe AMD isn't promoting CFX? ermk,
post #104 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

Im sure they don't but when you get invited late to the party you can't exactly catch up. Did we forget the Arkham fiasco, game was so bad on release they canceled it, then they invited nvidia to fix it, then nvidia didn't fix anything and the game still runs god awful.

What i want to know is why hairworks destroys AMD framerates but tressfx destroys BOTH platforms EQUALLY?

If a dev decides to invite AMD after 3 years of development and nvidia already has a 3years head start i mean honestly how can they optimize a game even remotely as well as nvidia.
Cant either its why when i moved i bought a car that Americans would be envious about, the lovely Swift Sport.

Keep in mind FC3 was an AMD game, and how long did it take AMD to get that working right? over a year.

I am not saying nor have I ever said Nvidia is an angel, and gameworks is great. I have complained many times about gameworks gimping games, however, that does in no way give AMD a free pass to not work more closely with developers. Lets be honest the last two years have seen AMD fall way way way behind in that dept (this year has been better though). AMD did not simply have the resources to do it, and to be honest as a consumer that is not my problem.
post #105 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

Not sure I comprehend your argument, are you trying to say AMD wasn't using two cards in crossfire as a comparison to the 1080 in order to sell their new RX480 cards? Cause that is what I said. Or are you saying AMD is only the business of showing what is possible, and doesn't care about selling cards? Because that makes no sense.

What also makes no sense is AMD demoing their new product using a technology they hardly support, but they did it anyway.... And apparently it worked, because it doesn't take much looking around in any tech forum to see people discussing getting two RX480's for $400. And somehow I am supposed to believe AMD isn't promoting CFX? ermk,

you misunderstand.

AMD is showing you what sort of performance is possible with their cards, to sell you cards. It doesn't mean they can guarantee that dual card setups will work in all games, because it's up to the GAME DEV to support that path of rendering. They showed one game which offered support for crossfire, not 20. So you taking the context that AMD is pushing for crossfire, but they are just showing the consumer you can get a similar experience with cheaper hardware in that one game. Like you said people buy cards to play games, so AMD is trying to sell people who play ashes of singularly new cards, not because AMD is pushing crossfire.
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
post #106 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebduncan View Post

you misunderstand.

AMD is showing you what sort of performance is possible with their cards, to sell you cards. It doesn't mean they can guarantee that dual card setups will work in all games, because it's up to the GAME DEV to support that path of rendering. They showed one game which offered support for crossfire, not 20. So you taking the context that AMD is pushing for crossfire, but they are just showing the consumer you can get a similar experience with cheaper hardware in that one game. Like you said people buy cards to play games, so AMD is trying to sell people who play ashes of singularly new cards, not because AMD is pushing crossfire.

If AMD was being genuine, they would have shown their one card versus any number of cards. Instead they chose to show how it performed as two cards versus the 1080. i.e look this $400 solution performs on par with this $700 solution. Because showing how one card ($200) is only 50% if that of the 1080 isn't exactly exciting.
Edited by the9quad - 6/11/16 at 2:31pm
post #107 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

If AMD was being genuine, they would have shown their one card versus any number of cards. Instead they chose to show how it performed as two cards versus the 1080. i.e look this $400 solution performs on par with this $700 solution. Because showing how one card ($200) is only 50% if that of the 1080 isn't exactly exciting.

Pretty sure you misunderstood the point here lol.

AMD has never shown its card vs multiple cards, duh thats what the reviewers are for AMD isnt going to do their job. Nvidia doesnt even compare it to other cards they compare it to each other ie here buy this card for 700$ its faster then our 600$ card that came out 6 months ago.

The reason why AMD has shown TWO cards is for VR. One to drive each eye. They're going after the VR market and hoping it takes off. We all know so far its equal to or better then the gtx 970/980 and the r9 390/390x.

EVERYONE knew this was going to be a midrange card theyve been saying it for years. Whats the point of comparing it to the 1070 when it doesnt even come close.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

If AMD was being genuine, they would have shown their one card versus any number of cards. Instead they chose to show how it performed as two cards versus the 1080. i.e look this $400 solution performs on par with this $700 solution. Because showing how one card ($200) is only 50% if that of the 1080 isn't exactly exciting.

well ideally that is the case, lol, but it's all smoke and mirrors until product is on the shelves and real people review it. If they want to sell cards then they need to look like their option is better than their competitors, which i think they demonstrated well.

I already know what the RX-480 is about, i have one sitting next to me. I cannot tell you anything about it.
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebduncan View Post

well ideally that is the case, lol, but it's all smoke and mirrors until product is on the shelves and real people review it. If they want to sell cards then they need to look like their option is better than their competitors, which i think they demonstrated well.

I already know what the RX-480 is about, i have one sitting next to me. I cannot tell you anything about it.

I only have two words to say but one will get me banned so lucky......!!!!!!! figure it out haha.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

Keep in mind FC3 was an AMD game, and how long did it take AMD to get that working right? over a year.

I am not saying nor have I ever said Nvidia is an angel, and gameworks is great. I have complained many times about gameworks gimping games, however, that does in no way give AMD a free pass to not work more closely with developers. Lets be honest the last two years have seen AMD fall way way way behind in that dept (this year has been better though). AMD did not simply have the resources to do it, and to be honest as a consumer that is not my problem.

FC3 is not AMDs problem. Thats Ubisoft. FC4 was the same even Under Nvidia GW. SLI was terrible. As much as I hate AMD for CFX I am not going to buy Nvidia. There is no reason for me to overpay for Single GPU setups.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [AMD] RSC 16.6.1 Out Now! (6th June 2016 - Inc. DS3 CFX)