Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › In Win 303 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

In Win 303 Owners Club - Page 18

post #171 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithydan View Post

Sweet @FXformat Thanks... rep!

Again I still don't know what they didn't allow for 140mm fan up top.
Also I have seen a guy mod the bottom for 3x140mm fans.


Yep the bottom will accommodate 140's if you have a drill, i think for this case a micro atx board is better suited, you have more room to work with. I'm thinking of drilling 2x 120mm holes on the opposite side of where i have my 2x120s now...for symmetry, that'll be the exhaust fans. This case is so darn thick i'd have to go buy some heavy duty hole-saw bits.
Cypher
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
7700K Asus Strix Z270G EVGA GTX 1080 FTW EK Watercooled 
Case
Lian Li PC-O6S 
  hide details  
Reply
Cypher
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
7700K Asus Strix Z270G EVGA GTX 1080 FTW EK Watercooled 
Case
Lian Li PC-O6S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #172 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

He said...
There didn't seem much room for interpretation there. That said, seems FXFormat has done it, albeit in a different fashion. I would like to see how it works actually attached up top with screw alignment, attachment etc. He can't show that because he's cut his case apart already.

We have to be really careful what we say because, generally speaking, most things are possible with modding. Can everyone accomplish it? This is a difficult question. Props to the modder that successfully modded the 420mm rad. thumb.gif
Reply
Reply
post #173 of 2277
I'm currently looking at cases to migrate my current PC in to. I was thinking of grabbing this over a Phantex Enthoo ATX TG. It's kind of a big jump but I'm on a budget (going to be getting a NZXT hue+, sleeved cables, etc...) and I like the TG on this case.

It seems like there isn't too much space in the case for cooling though. I have two 1070s and plan on having some kind of closed circuit 240 rad in there. Do you think I'd run in to problems with that setup?
post #174 of 2277
@Ravnerous Yes, you'd either have to instal the rad at the bottom of the case, which is less than ideal, and you'd need to use a Mini ATX mobo, if so, because the rad would block access to the bottom of a full ATX mobo and perhaps your 2nd PCIe slot if you run SLI. Otherwise, you'll have to do what @Face2Face does (see post #17 on page 3 and #32 on p.4 of this thread) and cut the metal to get the pump head thru and mount the 240mm rad on the top of the case. It's a beautiful setup, but will require some extra work.
Edited by skimbro - 7/11/16 at 11:27pm
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #175 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro View Post

@Ravnerous Yes, you'd either have to instal the rad at the bottom of the case, which is less than ideal, and you'd need to use a Mini ATX mobo, if so, because the rad would block access to the bottom of a full ATX mobo and perhaps your 2nd PCIe slot if you run SLI. Otherwise, you'll have to do what @Face2Face does (see post #17 on page 3 and #32 on p.4 of this thread) and cut the metal to get the pump head thru and mount the 240mm rad on the top of the case. It's a beautiful setup, but will require some extra work.

Thanks for the post numbers.

Yeah, those are some really nice set ups. I'm assuming using a dermal to make the entry whole a bit bigger won't be too difficult.

Edit:

The website mentions the case can fit a 360mm rad with a depth of 70mm. Doesn't that mean you'd be able to fit a h100i (30mm depth) and two NF-A15 PWMs (25mm depth) in front of the PSU enclosure?

I might be missing something though, granted I'm pretty exhausted.
Edited by Ravnerous - 7/12/16 at 12:49am
post #176 of 2277
Yes, in front of the enclosure you could.
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #177 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnerous View Post

Edit:

The website mentions the case can fit a 360mm rad with a depth of 70mm. Doesn't that mean you'd be able to fit a h100i (30mm depth) and two NF-A15 PWMs (25mm depth) in front of the PSU enclosure?

I might be missing something though, granted I'm pretty exhausted.

You're not missing anything, the total clearance is 70mm, so what you propose would fit.

From what I've seen of set-ups in this case, a bottom 360 rad is perfectly fine with an ATX motherboard, you'd just need to make sure you connected everything up down there before installing it. There is a gap so it shouldn't impede any of those cables. The only thing it might pose an issue with is the thick USB connector which is positioned on the bottom of some motherboards... not that this isn't fixable though, as you can simply get a flexible extension. It wouldn't necessarily restrict SLI either, but you would want to go with a thinner rad. This may be motherboard dependent though. Two 360 rads should be more than enough to keep things cool in there though. I'm planning on going this route myself, but with a single 1080.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 2277




Here im,need more time for cable management.
post #179 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

He said...
There didn't seem much room for interpretation there. That said, seems FXFormat has done it, albeit in a different fashion. I would like to see how it works actually attached up top with screw alignment, attachment etc. He can't show that because he's cut his case apart already.



The 420 Radiator will definitely fit, however you have to play around with the mounts...here's a quick pic, i'm still waiting on my pump and GPU block then i'll start the loop, i also used a mini ITX PSU so that it doesn't block much of the rad exhaust fans...you'll need to get a rad with multiport so you can have access to it, my rad has 7 ports and i can choose which ever depending on how i mount the pump.





And just about done with the whole set up, tidy up some cables and i'm clean up and it's done

Cypher
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
7700K Asus Strix Z270G EVGA GTX 1080 FTW EK Watercooled 
Case
Lian Li PC-O6S 
  hide details  
Reply
Cypher
(5 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
7700K Asus Strix Z270G EVGA GTX 1080 FTW EK Watercooled 
Case
Lian Li PC-O6S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #180 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXformat View Post

The 420 Radiator will definitely fit, however you have to play around with the mounts...here's a quick pic, i'm still waiting on my pump and GPU block then i'll start the loop, i also used a mini ITX PSU so that it doesn't block much of the rad exhaust fans...you'll need to get a rad with multiport so you can have access to it, my rad has 7 ports and i can choose which ever depending on how i mount the pump.





And just about done with the whole set up, tidy up some cables and i'm clean up and it's done



Wow, beautiful. Love the wallpaper. Love the rad on the bottom.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › In Win 303 Owners Club