Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Reddit]RX 480 8GB listed at an European retailer + Pictures of RX 480
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Reddit]RX 480 8GB listed at an European retailer + Pictures of RX 480 - Page 10

post #91 of 117

For you Canadians crossing the border to buy parts. Take your desktop case with you and just tell them you are going to a LAN party or whatever and just put your new card in an extra slot for the trip home.  

post #92 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylzer View Post

So the £170 for 4GB could be correct?

If there is no stupid price gouging then yes.
Super Over 9000!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K @ 4.4GHz EVGA X99 Micro 2 ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
960GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD 4x 4TB WD Green Corsair H110i AIO Windows 10 x64 
MonitorPowerCase
40" Samsung UE40JU6400 (4K Ultra HD) EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Fractal Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
Super Over 9000!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K @ 4.4GHz EVGA X99 Micro 2 ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix OC 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
960GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD 4x 4TB WD Green Corsair H110i AIO Windows 10 x64 
MonitorPowerCase
40" Samsung UE40JU6400 (4K Ultra HD) EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Fractal Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddincabo View Post

For you Canadians crossing the border to buy parts. Take your desktop case with you and just tell them you are going to a LAN party or whatever and just put your new card in an extra slot for the trip home.  

I wouldn't advise this personally.

I work in IT and I've forgotten to take out random PC parts / towers and the border guards always give me a hard time crossing into the states, especially for full towers.
Ryzen 1600X
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1600X MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI 480 G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 850 Evo Cooler Master 212 Evo EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT S340 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 1600X
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1600X MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI 480 G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 850 Evo Cooler Master 212 Evo EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT S340 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majinwar View Post

I wouldn't advise this personally.

I work in IT and I've forgotten to take out random PC parts / towers and the border guards always give me a hard time crossing into the states, especially for full towers.

Dogs cannot smell PC parts, just hide it.
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge View Post

Dogs cannot smell PC parts, just hide it.

Coming to a border near you: PC sniffing dogs!
post #96 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake87 View Post

Coming to a border near you: PC sniffing dogs!
Cyber dogs, with neon-powered lasersniffers. Yikes.

As an aside, I actually like the stock blower look. There was a 390x with that blower, from XFX, and it was both quieter and much more effective then the stock 290 cooler. No throttling even without an uber mode. And the sleek black look would be fantastic against my case. I'm hoping that there are some good reference blower cards.
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #97 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerusMaximus View Post

Cyber dogs, with neon-powered lasersniffers. Yikes.

As an aside, I actually like the stock blower look. There was a 390x with that blower, from XFX, and it was both quieter and much more effective then the stock 290 cooler. No throttling even without an uber mode. And the sleek black look would be fantastic against my case. I'm hoping that there are some good reference blower cards.

Yeah I've been quietly having a laugh at people shunning the reference cooler shown for the 480. AMD's reference blower was improved in the 390 series and the 480 looks like an iteration of that same design.

I already mentioned this in another 480 thread, but as a single example, the 2nd review of the reference 390X at newegg gives a pretty good idea of the cooler performance, so I imagine it is a slam dunk on a much cooler running 480 chip:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150767
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K MSI Z97M Gaming MSI R9 Fury X Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Corsair H75 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248QE + VE198TL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keybo... Corsair AX760 Corsair Carbide Air 240 (black) Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse 
AudioOther
Soundblaster Z Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming Headset - White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4570s ASUS H97i-PLUS Sapphire R9 380 Compact G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Green 4tb Windows 7 Ultimate Silverstone SX500-LG Silverstone ML07b 
Other
Samsung 850 PRO 128gb 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K MSI Z97M Gaming MSI R9 Fury X Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Corsair H75 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248QE + VE198TL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keybo... Corsair AX760 Corsair Carbide Air 240 (black) Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse 
AudioOther
Soundblaster Z Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming Headset - White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4570s ASUS H97i-PLUS Sapphire R9 380 Compact G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Green 4tb Windows 7 Ultimate Silverstone SX500-LG Silverstone ML07b 
Other
Samsung 850 PRO 128gb 
  hide details  
Reply
post #98 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post

Yeah I've been quietly having a laugh at people shunning the reference cooler shown for the 480. AMD's reference blower was improved in the 390 series and the 480 looks like an iteration of that same design.

I already mentioned this in another 480 thread, but as a single example, the 2nd review of the reference 390X at newegg gives a pretty good idea of the cooler performance, so I imagine it is a slam dunk on a much cooler running 480 chip:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150767
Exactly. Also, that removable front plate carried over from the fury is sweet. Some fun 3D printed designs could be had.
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 117
Apparently, it was possible to put RX480 into basket at Alza.sk yesterday, and it revealed price to be 264,22€ for 4GB version... At least that's what the guy in discussion is claiming.

FFS I hope that won't be the final price here in Slovakia, but over the years I lost hope...

I paid 255€ for my current R9 380 2GB version so I think 264€ is not far off from final price.. frown.gif

https://www.alza.sk/amd-radeon-rx-480-4gb-d4292383.htm?catid=18859405#discussionPosts

/edit: managed to find it by favouring the item
https://i.sli.mg/O5Qdhi.png

//8GB is 302€
Edited by blue.dot - 6/12/16 at 6:42am
PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97 Gaming 3 MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 2GB Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD10EZEX Scythe Kotetsu CPU Cooler Master Silencio FP 120 PWM intake 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Akasa exhaust Windows 7 Pro x64 LG Flatron IPS235 Corsair CX550M 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster Elite 334U SteelSeries Rival 100 SteelSeries QcK Vector Kingston HyperX Cloud 
Audio
Logitech z333 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97 Gaming 3 MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 2GB Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD10EZEX Scythe Kotetsu CPU Cooler Master Silencio FP 120 PWM intake 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Akasa exhaust Windows 7 Pro x64 LG Flatron IPS235 Corsair CX550M 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster Elite 334U SteelSeries Rival 100 SteelSeries QcK Vector Kingston HyperX Cloud 
Audio
Logitech z333 
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue.dot View Post

Apparently, it was possible to put RX480 into basket at Alza.sk yesterday, and it revealed price to be 264,22€ for 4GB version... At least that's what the guy in discussion is claiming.

FFS I hope that won't be the final price here in Slovakia, but over the years I lost hope...

I paid 255€ for my current R9 380 2GB version so I think 264€ is not far off from final price.. frown.gif

https://www.alza.sk/amd-radeon-rx-480-4gb-d4292383.htm?catid=18859405#discussionPosts

/edit: managed to find it by favouring the item
https://i.sli.mg/O5Qdhi.png
$199 converted to Euros, VAT and customs added should come out to about 230€. I suppose retailers are going to raise their margins on this card since it's so cheap.
Roided midgit
(10 items)
 
Midgit
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Asus P8Z77I-Deluxe MSI Radeon RX 480 GAMING X Crucial Ballistix XT 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 Noctua NH-D14 Noctua NF-F12 PWM Noctua NF-F12 PWM 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Noctua NF-B9 PWM Noctua NF-B9 PWM Corsair SF600 Fractal Node 304 
  hide details  
Reply
Roided midgit
(10 items)
 
Midgit
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Asus P8Z77I-Deluxe MSI Radeon RX 480 GAMING X Crucial Ballistix XT 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 Noctua NH-D14 Noctua NF-F12 PWM Noctua NF-F12 PWM 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Noctua NF-B9 PWM Noctua NF-B9 PWM Corsair SF600 Fractal Node 304 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Reddit]RX 480 8GB listed at an European retailer + Pictures of RX 480