Originally Posted by Account Banned
I was thinking once I get my new PC maybe someone can hop in a Skype session with me and teach me how to play Minecraft? I haven't played it on PC in almost 5 years and the new things they have added overwhelm me too much. I did play a fair amount of Minecraft on Xbox 360 a couple years ago, but it was just after they added The End... yeah it's been a while.
First rule to remember - Don't stay outside at night if you've just started out. No weapons + armor = quick death.
- Find trees
- Punch trees to get wood
- Use wood to make a crafting bench
- Use wood and the crafting bench to make wooden tools (axe, sword, pickaxe)
- Use wooden pickaxe to gather cobblestone
- Use cobblestone blocks to make a house and stone tools.
- Go out in search of pigs and cows for food and leather(later on you can get them to follow you back to yours with some wheat, then you can keep them in a pen and run a farm).
- Use the leather to make armor.
- Go out in search of sheep to kill for wool, use this wool to make a bed in your house, sleep in the bed during the night time. This means if you get killed, you'll respawn (without your stuff) back at home.
- Use stone pickaxe to dig into the ground/ find a cave to find some coal.
- Use coal and sticks to make torches so you can visit caves more easily.
- Once you have armor and torces, find a cave system and go looking for iron.
- Once you've found iron, use it to make iron armor and iron tools.
- Continue exploring for more items such as gold, diamond, food etc.
I'd recommend starting off on easy mode as it gives you easier enemies.
If you're fighting mobs, don't run at them and try to hit them until they're dead, especially if they're a creeper. Hit them, take a few steps back, wait for them to run towards you, hit again and repeat until they're dead.
But YouTube videos are the best way to go, some of what I've said may be outdated and/or inefficient since I haven't played survival in a while.