Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Liquid CPU Cooler for Level 10 GT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Liquid CPU Cooler for Level 10 GT - Page 4

post #31 of 37
i honestly generally want to know the testing methods and hardware for those graphs. i finally looked at them more and they made more sense, horribly laid out imo. but i really cant say either are bad choices. they both have good temps. i disregard 100% graphs because they arent accurate. no one runs at 100%. i think CLC's have a good price to performance and their reviews are simply better right now. Swiftechs offerings are filled with reviews of nothing but failure right now and i know EK had issues with leaks on their first run line few months back. dont get me wrong they have a place, i just dont think for most people it matters as much. Corsairs offerings are all rated for 5 years of use and quite simply they run solid, super solid reviews across the board and most people just want a plug and play installation. very few people care about future expandability into whole system watercooling or any of that stuff, i work computer repair. i promise you, there are plenty of people out there who do like it but they are very over shadowed by those who just want a plug and play system that doesnt fail on them and is as simple as possible. any CLC has low pump noise and most have solid fans stock. though ya'lls mindsets seem to be overly against them. Need to come back to the real world a bit imo personally. no offense.
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

Your graphs dont make much sense STILL. first disclaimer here. ive never run or bought a CLC. but ive seen the reviews and they are not that bad. the graphs you seem to be showing are at 100% fan speed. i dont know anyone who runs their system at 100% 24/7. again. im not seeing your argument here. sure better part quality. well then explain the horrid reviews they get from people on most websites. im not talking professional reviewers, im talking consumer, those reviews are almost always lower due to part failure over most CLC's from corsair and such. im really not one for arguing but your claims are kinda out there...
True, the testing is at 100% load, but at lower load the ratio is similar. Air coolers cooler just as well and at lower noise levels than CLC do.

Combining this with air cooler costing less, lasting longer with less problems, and if there is a problem it's the fan which can be replaced compared to the CLC's pump which means buying a new cooler .. which is way more expensive than replacing a fan and it becomes even more obvious air cooling is the more cost effective option.

As for looking at reviews, please keep in mind most reviewers have no idea how to do accurately test things .. this combined with the fact that if they do not give favorable reviews the companies giving them sample products to test and review will not give them any more samples. End result is most reviewers are puppets who's strings are controlled by company supplying the samples.

A good example of how inept these people are is the nonsense of testing using room ambient as baseline when testing coolers inside of a system instead of the cooler intake air temperature. Many only check room ambient before an after a test run. They test in a system and case saying something like "we test in a system with case to give you real world comparisons". Stop and think a minute about that statement. Is our system the same as theirs? I doubt it. Do you know anyone who has the same system as the reviewer? I doubt it. So how is this 'real world' they are testing in anything like yours?

They are not doing comparison tests of cooler performance, but comparisons of how their system performs with different coolers. Because to compare cooler performance we need to know what the air temp going into the cooler is, not the room. Monitoring room ambient is like cooking in the kitchen and going into a closed bedroom to look at thermometer to see how warm it is in kitchen. doh.gif Cooler intake are temp is never the same as room temp .. 2-5c warmer is very good, but 10-15c is more common, and 20-25c is not uncommon during stress tests.

They say they run tests for 15 minutes to get maximim temps. In well setup case the CPU will reach peak temps in a couple minutes under 100% load. If it take more than 5 minutes the case is not flowing as much air as cooler and heating up.
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

i honestly generally want to know the testing methods and hardware for those graphs. i finally looked at them more and they made more sense, horribly laid out imo. but i really cant say either are bad choices. they both have good temps. i disregard 100% graphs because they arent accurate. no one runs at 100%. i think CLC's have a good price to performance and their reviews are simply better right now. Swiftechs offerings are filled with reviews of nothing but failure right now and i know EK had issues with leaks on their first run line few months back. dont get me wrong they have a place, i just dont think for most people it matters as much. Corsairs offerings are all rated for 5 years of use and quite simply they run solid, super solid reviews across the board and most people just want a plug and play installation. very few people care about future expandability into whole system watercooling or any of that stuff, i work computer repair. i promise you, there are plenty of people out there who do like it but they are very over shadowed by those who just want a plug and play system that doesnt fail on them and is as simple as possible. any CLC has low pump noise and most have solid fans stock. though ya'lls mindsets seem to be overly against them. Need to come back to the real world a bit imo personally. no offense.
You obviously are not reading all the data that is out there. You are coming off like some radical zealot / cultist who only believes their own rhetoric and has no concept of reality. I could give you facts proving our statements false, but there is no reason to .. you refuse to believe the true.

People like ciarlatano (and myself to some extent) have many years of experience using and testing air and water cooling systems. At a guess I see about one user a week having problems with a CLC who go back to a good air cooler and are amazed at how much quieter the air cooler is at same or lower temps. There are also the users building a new system who decide to use air with the same kind of responses. Switech has the lowest problem rate of any AIO and way better than any CLC. .. but I digress using logic and facts. tongue.gif
Edited by doyll - 6/19/16 at 12:59am
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

You obviously are not reading all the data that is out there. You are coming off like some radical zealot / cultist who only believes their own rhetoric and has no concept of reality. I could give you facts proving our statements false, but there is no reason to .. you refuse to believe the true.

No, just the points you are using as your argument just arent valid tbh. its the same as you say i wont change off my opinion, you wont change off yours. ive no care to continue this. Its simply going in circles. to each their own views. Be done with it.
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

No, just the points you are using as your argument just arent valid tbh. its the same as you say i wont change off my opinion, you wont change off yours. ive no care to continue this. Its simply going in circles. to each their own views. Be done with it.
My guess is your opinions are based on reading a few reviews and maybe a little experience.

My opinions are based on 50 years of experience, over15 years of of it testing and using hundreds of different coolers in tens of different systems. Everything from stock to hand built custom water blocks to modern H2O components. I have 30+ coolers (air & CLC) and 12+ cases here at any given time and 5-6 systems being used .. but I digress . again. using logic and facts. tongue.gif
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

My guess is your opinions are based on reading a few reviews and maybe a little experience.

My opinions are based on 50 years of experience, over15 years of of it testing and using hundreds of different coolers in tens of different systems. Everything from stock to hand built custom water blocks to modern H2O components. I have 30+ coolers (air & CLC) and 12+ cases here at any given time and 5-6 systems being used .. but I digress . again. using logic and facts. tongue.gif

My guess is you are wrong. It is readily obvious this poster has absolutely no first hand experience in testing, especially coolers such as this. His "experience" by his own admission comes from reading NewEgg reviews, not even the posts of users here, not looking at industry RMA rates (or he would have known that Corsair's is higher than Swiftech's.....and might know that Corsair is not the manufacturer or designer, which he doesn't seem to) and absolutely not from actually using components. Not worth the time.
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

My guess is you are wrong. It is readily obvious this poster has absolutely no first hand experience in testing, especially coolers such as this. His "experience" by his own admission comes from reading NewEgg reviews, not even the posts of users here, not looking at industry RMA rates (or he would have known that Corsair's is higher than Swiftech's.....and might know that Corsair is not the manufacturer or designer, which he doesn't seem to) and absolutely not from actually using components. Not worth the time.
My bad. I stand corrected. Sorry. blushsmiley.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Liquid CPU Cooler for Level 10 GT