Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [PCTuning]Radeon RX 480 on the way to the office! (And we signed no NDA)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCTuning]Radeon RX 480 on the way to the office! (And we signed no NDA) - Page 4

post #31 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by infranoia View Post

Actually with DX12 and Explicit Multiadapter it's not a bad time to go with multiple GPUs. If AdoredTV is right, AMD is about to go all MOAR CORES with GPU clusters on stacked interposers with Navi. The groundwork for that begins now, and you have to admit the biweekly driver releases are a huge improvement.

Otherwise it's just the standard Nvidia marketing talking points, most of which is either inaccurate or no longer relevant.

Actually, considering that right now there only exists one or two Dx12 games with support for EMA, going with mGPUs is as bad as ever.

Also, even if AMD really pulls off multiGPU on interposer trick (and i tend to think that's what they are going for, considering even Greenland APU looks to be using quad die on interposer), it most probably won't work as actual multi GPU.
post #32 of 185
Don't jump on the mGPU boat until it actually happens. That's just risking your money on promises.
post #33 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

Exactly this. GTX 1080 for $600 is being beat by a pair of $200-250 cards. That's a good value if you ask me. thumb.gif
only in Ashes and only so long as CF works (bug-free) thumb.gif
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 185

Yes that price could be great for an "Enthusiast Bencher" who is used to setting up CF and dealing with drivers, CF support etc... Clearly I'm confused at who exactly this card is marketed to...

 

I can see an average Joe getting frustrated with CF support or lack thereof (Game companies responsibility) , and they might feel burned afterwards if many of the games they play are not giving them the experience they expected. Using Ashes for any credibility is misleading for most gamers. I'd rather see him use 1 AAA game at least. But then it might not look so rosey.

 

 I wish AMD would rock Nvidia's world by clearly winning on a new Architecture delivery and Marketshare. One having 70% of the discreet market is stagnating things badly.

 

I'm just bored because my droid is not here yet... /Jedi wave. Wake me when 2017 arrives. sleepysmileyanim.gif 


Edited by Ghoxt - 6/12/16 at 4:22am
post #35 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-shot View Post

Let me know if I understand this correctly. You speculate the RX 480 will be better than last gen $500 cards in power consumption, VRAM, and performance, and then go on to say those old, used, less powerful cards with less VRAM will cost more than a new, power efficient, faster card with more VRAM?

Am I understanding you correctly? I dont understand how an old, used, and slower card can be worth more than a new, and faster card. Help me understand.

Unfortunately in the world we live in I can't see the 980 going for less. Nvidia has much better brand recognition and there will always be uninformed people willing to spend more. Maybe not here on OCN, but you can already see this happening on ebay. As for the Fury, I can see people making an argument that they are asking more because it has HBM over the GDDR5 of the 480. I should have been more specific in my OP though. I don't see the going prices for these older cards being higher than the 480 for too long if it is in fact faster and more energy efficient.

Will I agree with the prices of these older cards being more if the 480 is the better card? Hell no! But that is the reality of the technology world. I wish more people would take the time to research products before they make a purchase. I hope this helps you understand why I came up with the previous speculation.
post #36 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksTricks007 View Post

Unfortunately in the world we live in I can't see the 980 going for less. Nvidia has much better brand recognition and there will always be uninformed people willing to spend more. Maybe not here on OCN, but you can already see this happening on ebay. As for the Fury, I can see people making an argument that they are asking more because it has HBM over the GDDR5 of the 480. I should have been more specific in my OP though. I don't see the going prices for these older cards being higher than the 480 for too long if it is in fact faster and more energy efficient.

Will I agree with the prices of these older cards being more if the 480 is the better card? Hell no! But that is the reality of the technology world. I wish more people would take the time to research products before they make a purchase. I hope this helps you understand why I came up with the previous speculation.

Ahh, I see your point. I guess we can't rely on people to make rational decisions when purchasing video cards. I feel so silly.
Number Cruncher
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k @ 4.6 1.3V Gigabyte Z68XP UD4 MSI TF3 7950 3GB G. Skill 4x4GB Ripjaw Zs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2 - WD 750 GB Black WD 320GB Blue Lite-On DVD Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H80 Win 7 Pro x64 Acer P243w Corsair 750W TX 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-A71F Audioengine A2/Audioengine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Number Cruncher
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k @ 4.6 1.3V Gigabyte Z68XP UD4 MSI TF3 7950 3GB G. Skill 4x4GB Ripjaw Zs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2 - WD 750 GB Black WD 320GB Blue Lite-On DVD Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H80 Win 7 Pro x64 Acer P243w Corsair 750W TX 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-A71F Audioengine A2/Audioengine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

lol what a mess. Reviews and tests will arrive very soon tongue.gif

http://pctuning.tyden.cz/component/content/article/1-aktualni-zpravy/41353-radeon-rx480-na-ceste-do-redakce
A shop here lists them but no prices shown yet. I'm not sure if it's worth asking them about stock if the site already says they asked and they do. Unfortunately expected prices are terrible and will probably be locally raised same as they did with new Nvidia cards where Flounder's Edition is the cheapest as ironic as it can be for both 1080 and 1070.
Will take some time before these new cards drop because shops need to sell the old stock they may have accumulated because I doubt they have a fast japanese like SCM and instead keep too much stock.
post #38 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-shot View Post

Ahh, I see your point. I guess we can't rely on people to make rational decisions when purchasing video cards. I feel so silly.

It is really disappointing that with all of the information out there at the click of a button, there are still people too lazy to do their research before a purchase. And you can't really blame people trying to sell their older cards for more than they are worth if others are willing to pay. I don't like the practice and I would never do it, but I'm not mad at those that do.
post #39 of 185
If they don't have supported launch drivers, it's not going to be a very reliable review.
Megurine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V MSI GeForce GTX 970 HyperX Blu 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Vertex 3 Scythe Mugen II Win 10 64 bit Philips BDM4065UC 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760HS Corsair K60 Super Flower 650W modular Fractal Design R4 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Audio pro T8  Creative X-Fi 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Megurine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V MSI GeForce GTX 970 HyperX Blu 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Vertex 3 Scythe Mugen II Win 10 64 bit Philips BDM4065UC 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760HS Corsair K60 Super Flower 650W modular Fractal Design R4 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Audio pro T8  Creative X-Fi 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 185
Yeah, there's a reason NDA's exist..

Oh well, should give us a ballpark figure at least. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [PCTuning]Radeon RX 480 on the way to the office! (And we signed no NDA)