Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [cooln.kr] Leaked Korean RX480 OC Fire Strike Ultra
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[cooln.kr] Leaked Korean RX480 OC Fire Strike Ultra - Page 29

post #281 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Considering the fact that you're paying 700$ for a card that will be seen as worthless in 2 years after, I'd be more willing to spend 500$ on one that will perform better than needed at the time and better than expected later on..
I can play games like Crysis 3, Ryse son of Rome, The Witcher 3 all just fine on my 1440p 144Hz FreeSync monitor by disabling Gimpworks features on TW3 and MSAA with north of 80 FPS, I don't even need to upgrade.
And I can keep a constant 70-80FPS on modern games with my 770 at 1200p, whats your point? 35FPS is terrible either way.

Also, the 780ti isnt worthless. If that performance is worthless, then the 290x would also be worthless, considering the two GPUs are close in many games. the 290x may have aged better, but neither of them are top tier performers anymore.
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #282 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerusMaximus View Post

And I can keep a constant 70-80FPS on modern games with my 770 at 1200p, whats your point? 35FPS is terrible either way.

Also, the 780ti isnt worthless. If that performance is worthless, then the 290x would also be worthless, considering the two GPUs are close in many games. It may have aged better, but neither of them are top tier performers anymore.

So now you're comparing 1200p Low settings to 1440p Ultra Settings with Hairwork and SSAA OFF? I guess that's what you can do, Low Ress and settings I mean, when your card gets left for dead as you well said before, and gets beaten by a 200$ cheaper card, so much that people who owns this 200$ cheaper card don't need to upgrade as long as they keep Super Sampling and Gimpworks features OFF.
post #283 of 322
So much back and forth lol, anything to save jhh.
post #284 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

So now you're comparing 1200p Low settings to 1440p Ultra Settings with Hairwork and SSAA OFF? I guess that's what you can do, Low Ress and settings I mean, when your card gets left for dead as you well said before, and gets beaten by a 200$ cheaper card, so much that people who owns this 200$ cheaper card don't need to upgrade as long as they keep Super Sampling and Gimpworks features OFF.
Where did I say low settings? You are letting your inner fanboi show through, making hair-brained assumptions like that.

The 770 can run the witcher 3 at 1200p, with everything set to ultra except view distance set at high, without hairworks/AA, and keep 60FPS unless you are in a super dense city area, where even the 980ti struggles at times. I never said low settings. Typically it is a mix of high and ultra, which is pretty good for what is technically a slightly over 4 year old GPU.
Edited by GamerusMaximus - 6/14/16 at 12:03pm
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
post #285 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robenger View Post

Just from Mantle on both Vulkan and DX12 accounts. Not that DX12 came from Vulkan.

redface.gif Oh my bad ! I knew about that, just forgot in hurry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

It would matter a great deal to you if the card doing 25 FPS was AMD and the one doing 35 FPS was Nvidia.

Considering the fact that the Nvidia card doing those "Worthless" FPS numbers costed people 700$ it should probably matter to you more than it does.

"It would matter a great deal to you if the card doing 25 FPS was AMD and the one doing 35 FPS was Nvidia."

100% ^This.
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
post #286 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerusMaximus View Post

Where did I say low settings? You are letting your inner fanboi show through, making hair-brained assumptions like that.

The 770 can run the witcher 3 at 1200p, with everything set to ultra except view distance set at high, without hairworks/AA, and keep 60FPS unless you are in a super dense city area, where even the 980ti struggles at times. I never said low settings. Typically it is a mix of high and ultra, which is pretty good for what is technically a slightly over 4 year old GPU.

So not real Ultra, but even then the 290X is north of 60% faster than a GTX 770, if you get 60 FPS from a 770 I should be getting around 110 FPS on the same settings, which then translated into 1440p and proper Ultra gets down to 80-90FPS, on Ultra Settings and High resolutions.

How come again that my 290X is worthless? Oh Yes! Because it beats down the 200$ more expensive 780Ti, therefore somehow making them both worthless.
post #287 of 322
Your profile pic really matches this situation lol
post #288 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

So it was always worthless, kden.

And if I were to choose any one of two worthless garbage things, lets assume 290X and 780Ti as they both couldn't provide 60 fps according to Mr. Chev.

What would I chose ?
The cheaper worthless garbage or the more expensive worthless garbage ? biggrin.gif
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
post #289 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post

And if I were to choose any one of two worthless garbage things, lets assume 290X and 780Ti as they both couldn't provide 60 fps according to Mr. Chev.

What would I chose ?
The cheaper worthless garbage or the more expensive worthless garbage ? biggrin.gif
thumb.gif
post #290 of 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post

And if I were to choose any one of two worthless garbage things, lets assume 290X and 780Ti as they both couldn't provide 60 fps according to Mr. Chev.

What would I chose ?
The cheaper worthless garbage or the more expensive worthless garbage ? biggrin.gif
Given that the 290x's price was jacked up from the bitcoin mining phase, the 780ti WAS the cheaper "worthless junk"
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstein
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz 1.015v Frankensteined asus p8z77 v pro XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB mushkin reactor ancient CM 212+ windows 10 pro 64 1kw rosewill quark platinum  
Case
corsair 230t 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [cooln.kr] Leaked Korean RX480 OC Fire Strike Ultra