Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TV] Project Scorpio is a 4K-capable, VR-ready Xbox One Launching Next Fall
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TV] Project Scorpio is a 4K-capable, VR-ready Xbox One Launching Next Fall - Page 5

post #41 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoat333 View Post

It's a neat idea, but I imagine the price is going to be quite a bit higher than people thought. Why would I buy a console that is that expensive when I could just build a gaming PC?

Don't have to keep upgrading parts, updates are streamlined, the total system cost could possibly be cheaper, better support in games, small compact well engineered system, and to continue on that point you don't have to build it (many see it as a chore), etc... I could go on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post

Yea...I say don't keep your hopes high for Project Scorpio.

Sony and Microsoft promised a 1080P 60FPS experience with the PS4 and the Xbox One, and they can't even fulfill that.

Nothing but false promises will happen again with their 4K claim.

They didn't promise 4k 60fps with this though. 4k 30fps is easily doable because it's pretty much only dependant on a more powerful GPU.
Edited by Ultracarpet - 6/13/16 at 11:56am
Sorry AMD
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-8400 ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING ZOTAC GTX 1080 Ti Mini 16gb Gskill Ripjaw V 3600mhz CL16 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256gb m.2 Crucial noctua nh-l9i Windows 10 Pro AOC G2460PF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Mechanical Eagle Z-77 (Cheap) Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Node 202 Logitech G400 
Audio
Sennheiser PC 350 (hero mod) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen™ 1700 Asrock Fatal1ty x370 Gaming K4 Zotac mini GTX 1080ti TridentZ 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
256GB M.2 SSD 1TB HDD Windows 10 Pro Acer XG270HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Gold Rated Thermaltake View 27 w/ riser Logitech G40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx-8350 @5ghz 990fxa-ud3 rev 1.1 PowerColor 290x @1150/1500mhz Gskill 8gig 1600mhz (2x4) @2033 mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB WD Caviar Black rs360 raystorm kit Windows 8 Pro 700 Watt Corsair 
CaseMouse
HAF 912  Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Sorry AMD
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-8400 ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING ZOTAC GTX 1080 Ti Mini 16gb Gskill Ripjaw V 3600mhz CL16 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256gb m.2 Crucial noctua nh-l9i Windows 10 Pro AOC G2460PF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Mechanical Eagle Z-77 (Cheap) Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Node 202 Logitech G400 
Audio
Sennheiser PC 350 (hero mod) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen™ 1700 Asrock Fatal1ty x370 Gaming K4 Zotac mini GTX 1080ti TridentZ 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
256GB M.2 SSD 1TB HDD Windows 10 Pro Acer XG270HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Gold Rated Thermaltake View 27 w/ riser Logitech G40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx-8350 @5ghz 990fxa-ud3 rev 1.1 PowerColor 290x @1150/1500mhz Gskill 8gig 1600mhz (2x4) @2033 mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
1TB WD Caviar Black rs360 raystorm kit Windows 8 Pro 700 Watt Corsair 
CaseMouse
HAF 912  Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAr View Post

Time to sell my pc with 980ti?

The GTX 980 Ti is still more powerful.
post #43 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoat333 View Post

It's a neat idea, but I imagine the price is going to be quite a bit higher than people thought. Why would I buy a console that is that expensive when I could just build a gaming PC?

Really? Do you know the clocks, efficiency, and overall optimization numbers of this new 6TFLOPS GPU?
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia GTX 1070 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 148
Downclocked Polaris 10 and Zen APU running in crossfire. There is your 6 TFlops.

On a side note, don't compare this to 980ti. Scorpio will run on AMD chips, I'm sure, and Fury-X has over 8 Tflops.

So at best it will perform about as well as a single 290X which also runs at 6 T flops.


Now, with almost zero driver overhead and extensive tweaking console games get, it seems perfectly reasonable for 4k 30 fps. A single 290X can push 4k to around 20 fps on most games so that improved driver overhead and tweaking should easily push it to 30 fps consistently.
post #45 of 148
this 6tf gpu will crush even 1070/80, thanks to console optimizations.
post #46 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMock View Post

Downclocked Polaris 10 and Zen APU running in crossfire. There is your 6 TFlops.

On a side note, don't compare this to 980ti. Scorpio will run on AMD chips, I'm sure, and Fury-X has over 8 Tflops.

So at best it will perform about as well as a single 290X which also runs at 6 T flops.


Now, with almost zero driver overhead and extensive tweaking console games get, it seems perfectly reasonable for 4k 30 fps. A single 290X can push 4k to around 20 fps on most games so that improved driver overhead and tweaking should easily push it to 30 fps consistently.

Zen APUs are not due for another 8-12 months on the desktop

so i guess this is some custom APU if it has zen

as their new APUs right now are still piledriver Excavator
post #47 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

this 6tf gpu will crush even 1070/80, thanks to console optimizations.

I think you are putting far too much into this "Console Optimization".
post #48 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylzer View Post

Zen APUs are not due for another 8-12 months on the desktop

so i guess this is some custom APU if it has zen

as their new APUs right now are still piledriver Excavator

Just guessing the consoles will run on a custom APU chip based on Zen (Bristol Ridge I think?) architecture.
post #49 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracarpet View Post

Don't have to keep upgrading parts, updates are streamlined, the total system cost could possibly be cheaper, better support in games, small compact well engineered system, and to continue on that point you don't have to build it (many see it as a chore), etc... I could go on.

Consoles are more mainstream and are relatively simpler and easier to use.

Microsoft's new goal is to transcend console generations, so upgrading parts isn't a concern, but buying a whole new console is.

Providing you have a solid PC as a foundation for an upgrade, even a PC that is over 3 years old with a quad core Sandy-bridge CPU would be good enough. A GPU is one of the only things you would need to upgrade, maybe even slot in some new ram if necessary.
post #50 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfury View Post

I think you are putting far too much into this "Console Optimization".
no sir, people underestimate it. and don't forget polaris will have more perf/tflops,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TV] Project Scorpio is a 4K-capable, VR-ready Xbox One Launching Next Fall