Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Rivals R9 Nano, GTX 980
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCF] AMD RX 480 Rivals R9 Nano, GTX 980 - Page 37

post #361 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

Well a single 980 Ti would probably just match your OG Titans @ 1400 if not fall behind a bit. But it does get rid of all the SLI headaches. Overall though it would still very much be a sidegrade (or even downgrade depending on SLI scaling

I'd only buy two. Don't do single gpu setups in Night Fury. redface.gif
post #362 of 410
Ah.

Well in that case I'd advise waiting for Big Pascal/Vega regardless unless you're on a tight budget.
post #363 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

Ah.

Well in that case I'd advise waiting for Big Pascal/Vega regardless unless you're on a tight budget.

Indeed. I have no plans on moving on from OG Titans at this time. My loop only further complicates any option to upgrade.
post #364 of 410
Do you think crossfire will be useable?
post #365 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruna View Post

Do you think crossfire will be useable?

Dual , absolutely. More than that should see a significant drop off.
post #366 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruna View Post

Do you think crossfire will be useable?

If this card is about same as the 980, then for games that do not work in crossfire it would be easy to disable crossfire and just use single card up to 1440. Of course, with lowered settings. With two on games that work with crossfire, even 4K will be fun. Medium settings, though.

Just disable crossfire in Crimson.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #367 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

If this card is about same as the 980, then for games that do not work in crossfire it would be easy to disable crossfire and just use single card up to 1440. Of course, with lowered settings. With two on games that work with crossfire, even 4K will be fun. Medium settings, though.

I don't think a $200 card should be reasonably considered as a 4K solution to begin with. That's still firmly in the realm of the enthusiast class IMO.
post #368 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I don't think a $200 card should be reasonably considered as a 4K solution to begin with. That's still firmly in the realm of the enthusiast class IMO.

oh noes, not one. if a single 1080 can play 4K and reasonable settings, then two would do it with this card. Again, if the game supports crossfire. If not, go down to 1440 and use single. Good thing about this card is it will work with 4K TV out the box.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #369 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

oh noes, not one. if a single 1080 can play 4K and reasonable settings, then two would do it with this card. Again, if the game supports crossfire. If not, go down to 1440 and use single. Good thing about this card is it will work with 4K TV out the box.

Problem is that the 1080 is basically running the same memory specs as the RX 480 and so if people think the bandwidth is enough to do 4K for the 1080 people are greatly wrong. 256-bit bus is hit hard at any resolution above 1440p.
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #370 of 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyVT View Post

Problem is that the 1080 is basically running the same memory specs as the RX 480 and so if people think the bandwidth is enough to do 4K for the 1080 people are greatly wrong. 256-bit bus is hit hard at any resolution above 1440p.

That is what i was thinking too. But will find out how the compression feature will work out. The 256 bit might really struggle with more than two.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Rivals R9 Nano, GTX 980