Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Best monitor for under $200
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best monitor for under $200

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Whats arre some good monitors for under 200, i see there are some freesync ones in this range too
post #2 of 18
You can look into the AOC G2460PF. It's $210 at Amazon.

144Hz.
Freesync that supports low framerate compensation.

Reviews aren't the best though....
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

You can look into the AOC G2460PF. It's $210 at Amazon.

144Hz.
Freesync that supports low framerate compensation.

Reviews aren't the best though....
Yeah, doesnt have to be 144 but it needs to have very good image quality, and 1080p
post #4 of 18
I was in the same situation as you, trying to find a decent monitor for under $200. I looked at so many different 1080P monitors, I didn't know what to do.
Then I seen this. I figured I couldn't go wrong with this as I was getting more for my money. 2560x1080 resolution, over 99% SRGB, easily overclockable to 75hz, for $150??? I said screw it, ordered it, and done with it. I haven't received it yet, but will update when I do if you like. Sale ends on 6/20 though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025212&cm_re=lg_25um56-p-_-24-025-212-_-Product
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techbyte View Post

I was in the same situation as you, trying to find a decent monitor for under $200. I looked at so many different 1080P monitors, I didn't know what to do.
Then I seen this. I figured I couldn't go wrong with this as I was getting more for my money. 2560x1080 resolution, over 99% SRGB, easily overclockable to 75hz, for $150??? I said screw it, ordered it, and done with it. I haven't received it yet, but will update when I do if you like. Sale ends on 6/20 though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025212&cm_re=lg_25um56-p-_-24-025-212-_-Product
Looks good, but someone said ultra wide in 1080p is bad
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo55 View Post

Looks good, but someone said ultra wide in 1080p is bad

Well if "someone" said this than it must be true!
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techbyte View Post

Well if "someone" said this than it must be true!
no of course but one of my best friends told me this, then again he thought a fx 6300 was better then a i3 6100 and I went with that and didn't work out so well lol but that's for abother time lol. The LG does,look great
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo55 View Post

no of course but one of my best friends told me this, then again he thought a fx 6300 was better then a i3 6100 and I went with that and didn't work out so well lol but that's for abother time lol. The LG does,look great

I am not a fan of AMD myself. Good for budget builds, that's about it. In my opinion of course. However, Zen looks promising and anyone considering AMD needs to seriously consider waiting for that.

As far as the monitor goes, I am definitely not saying it is the best thing ever. I have always wanted to try a 21:9 monitor so that is more of why I went with it. Also, my $150 got me a panel with 99% SRGB and far more pixels than a 1920x1080 display. The reviews were pretty much all good as well, notably many stating no dead pixels or back light bleed. Hopefully I am as fortunate as they were.

21:9 definitely is not for everyone. I am always up to trying something different. I also was pretty much sick of looking at monitors and it would have taken me forever to decide on which 1920x1080 monitor to go with at $150. I seen the LG, said screw it, ordered it, done.
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techbyte View Post

I am not a fan of AMD myself. Good for budget builds, that's about it. In my opinion of course. However, Zen looks promising and anyone considering AMD needs to seriously consider waiting for that.

As far as the monitor goes, I am definitely not saying it is the best thing ever. I have always wanted to try a 21:9 monitor so that is more of why I went with it. Also, my $150 got me a panel with 99% SRGB and far more pixels than a 1920x1080 display. The reviews were pretty much all good as well, notably many stating no dead pixels or back light bleed. Hopefully I am as fortunate as they were.

21:9 definitely is not for everyone. I am always up to trying something different. I also was pretty much sick of looking at monitors and it would have taken me forever to decide on which 1920x1080 monitor to go with at $150. I seen the LG, said screw it, ordered it, done.
so you think if i went with the lg i wont miss free sync? amd is it better then a freesync View Sonic thats $129?
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo55 View Post

so you think if i went with the lg i wont miss free sync? amd is it better then a freesync View Sonic thats $129?

I can't give you much input on that. Freesync does sound interesting. I myself am not a "hardcore" gamer and I definitely prefer IPS to TN. 5ms response time is good enough for me. I wouldn't trade a 5ms IPS for a 2ms TN any day myself.

This is why the LG was a perfect monitor for me. Every display I have owned in over 6 years has been an IPS with 5ms response times. So that is what I am accustomed to. I seen 25" IPS 5ms /w over 99% SRGB for $150 and figured I could not go wrong. The 2560x1080 / 21:9 was pretty much a "bonus" for me as I have always wanted to try one out. Worse case scenario I don't like it and return it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Best monitor for under $200