Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Gamespot] Project Scorpio Is 4.5X as Powerful as Xbox One, Phil Spencer Says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Gamespot] Project Scorpio Is 4.5X as Powerful as Xbox One, Phil Spencer Says - Page 14

post #131 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Anvil is hand-me-down parts for my dad. The only new things in that entire computer are a Silverstone RVZ-01 and a Silverstone 600w SFX PSU.

By your logic, that makes it a $182 computer; http://pcpartpicker.com/list/HJkPvK

Also I would love to see your little 1366-era Xeon bench against my 5960x in anything related to video encoding, which is the #2 reason I even own one. lachen.gif I'd like to see a single reference 290 on an anemic PSU that may or may not kill itself any time you turn it on compete with FuryX crossfire. "25%" in what, exactly?

Because everyone does video encoding.

And because everyone have spare parts to build a PC.

Flawed Logic, I'm listing a PC anyone can buy, without any previously owned part, that will destroy your 1000$ for gaming, by providing 400% more performance for only 330$ AT MOST, capable of going as low for 250$ if you go full used parts instead of the 4 NEW parts listed.
Edited by Dargonplay - 6/19/16 at 1:08pm
post #132 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Also whats up with the missing HDD? The build I posted already have an SSD, a NEW SSD by the way, did you missed it because you don't like facts? With 250$ I can change the CPU because of the motherboard for that Xeon being expensive, saving around 40$, while also changing the GPU to a HD 7970 instead of the R9 290, saving another 30$ for a total of 260$, same of an used console while still being able to outperform a PS4 NEO, let alone a PS4, like really bro?

Or I could just keep the R9 290 and the same Xeon + Motherboard and just get an used 250GB SSDs, used DDR3 RAM and a used CPU cooler instead of the NEW retail ones on my 330$ list, with that alone I can drop the price down to around 250$, while still performing beyond anything the PS4 NEO could ever be capable of dreaming, let alone the PS4 and still having room to buy a NEW case instead of an USED one that could drop the price another 10$.

I'm deeply sorry to burst your bubble.

Please, go buy an used console for 299$ if you want, for the same price I'll be rocking a R9 290 with 4 times the power with an actual Xeon that OCes in Average to 4GHz and have better than Sandy Bridge IPC, you people never cease to amaze me.
Are you ok? I think you're losing it. Calm down a little bit.

Do you know what recycle means right? Well that.

You have linked items that are auctions,do you realize that right? Do you realize they are not fixed prices thus they are meaningless?

Also i can't believe you have actually considered using a 12 bucks no-brand PSU for a build with a 290. Not to mention the fact you're relying on old used hardware,wich has no warranty whatsoever.

And you may want to add that in your country you may be able to build that for 350 USD. In Europe,you may dream about getting a 290 for 100 bucks,maybe also in USA.

In the end,your tryhard self and effort is wasted,because as said before,you are not building anything for 250 USD/EUR,wich is how much used PS4 go for. In fact,the 7970 alone you mentioned is worth half the budget of a PS4.

But just go on,keep trying,it's quite amusing to see where you're willing to go in order to corroborate your point.
Edited by GoLDii3 - 6/19/16 at 1:10pm
post #133 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post


Also i can't believe you have actually considered using a 12 bucks no-brand PSU for a build. Not to mention the fact you're relying on old used hardware,wich has no warranty whatsoever.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148041

Bet it might be even better than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post

And you may want to add that in your country you can actually build that for 350 USD. In Europe,you may dream getting a 290 for 100 bucks,maybe also in USA.

That's EU, not USA, Yes, I'm talking about the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post

In the end,your tryhard self and effort is wasted,because as said before,you are not building anything for 250 USD/EUR,wich is how much used PS4 go for. In fact,the 7970 alone you mentioned is worth half the budget of a PS4.

No, I'm building something that's 4 times more powerful than a PS4 for 330$.
post #134 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

No, I'm building something that's 4 times more powerful than a PS4 for 330$.
You would. If you actually could buy a 290 for 100 bucks and a PSU for 12. wink.gif

290 - Auction
PSU - Auction
MB - Auction

Unknown random "Apevia" PSU being better than my Seasonic? Im in. What we're betting? Anything minus your credibility,i think you lost that a long time ago.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=92

Could any of their PSU's be any better? I doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

The one I'm talking about for £390 (I meant £390, £385 was a different TV next to it) is the 43UF680V which is true 4K (3840x2160).
Resolution wise it is,pixel wise,no. As said,they have 1/3 of the pixels of true 4K (est. 6M vs 8M)
Edited by GoLDii3 - 6/19/16 at 1:22pm
post #135 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Anvil is hand-me-down parts for my dad. The only new things in that entire computer are a Silverstone RVZ-01 and a Silverstone 600w SFX PSU.

By your logic, that makes it a $182 computer; http://pcpartpicker.com/list/HJkPvK

Also I would love to see your little 1366-era Xeon bench against my 5960x in anything related to video encoding, which is the #2 reason I even own one. lachen.gif I'd like to see a single reference 290 on an anemic PSU that may or may not kill itself any time you turn it on compete with FuryX crossfire. "25%" in what, exactly?

Because everyone does video encoding.

And because everyone have spare parts to build a PC.

Flawed Logic, I'm listing a PC anyone can buy, without any previously owned part, that will destroy your 1000$ for gaming, by providing 400% more performance for only 330$ AT MOST, capable of going as low for 250$ if you go full used parts instead of the 4 NEW parts listed.

So because others do not video encode, I should not choose a CPU that meets my needs? What kind of logic is that? You think that little Xeon can keep up with my chip, I say it's trash.

They aren't spare parts, they're used parts. Like eBay, but no charge. Would you feel better if I said he had to pay me for shipping? rolleyes.gif

You're listing parts ONE person can buy. If they win every single bid. Exactly one until they are no longer available. Again though, build it and lets bench. biggrin.gif
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #136 of 247
No, it means this PC is not for you, that simple. If you need to encode and need the 8 cores that's good man, nothing wrong with that, just don't get upset when someone games just the same as your 3500$ PC but for 330$.
post #137 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post


Never thought that looking for PC parts would beat anyone in OCN, here let me help you.

GPU 100$ or less.: R9 290:

CPU 15$ (This Xeon CPU have IPC comparable to Haswell): Intel Xeon E5640 for Buy and For Bid (Cheaper)

RAM (NEW) 28$: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3 8GB NEW


PSU (Almost New lol) 12$: Apevia Java 650W LED Power Supply

CPU Cooler (NEW) 29.99$: ZALMAN CNPS10X Extreme

SSD (NEW) 52$: 240GB SSD

MOTHERBOARD 60$: MSI X58 LGA 1366//Socket B

CASE (NEW) 35$: Kurosaki Case (If you want the same from the video although there are many other alternatives, even cheaper)

TOTAL BUILD: 330$, like really bro? 1440p/4K for 330$, how can anyone even begin to formulate a complaint about this? I, you and everyone can buy all of this right now, I actually bought some of them for a build


Apparently, my previous build is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE and not viable for the hard crowd of OCN who wouldn't ever waste their money in such build 4.5 times more powerful than a PS4 unless it goes for 250$ or lower than said console.

Let me try to fix that.

GPU 100$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VisionTek-RADEON-R9-290-4GB-/122014954513?hash=item1c68a87411:g:Tr4AAOSwtJZXUHj9

CPU Quad Core with Haswell like IPC 15$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5640-SLBVC-2-66GHz-12MB-5-86-GT-s-LGA1366-Quad-Core-Processor-/262479064931?hash=item3d1cf8af63:g:~NkAAOSwq19XDHqv

RAM 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 6$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanya-8GB-4-x-2GB-PC3-10600U-DDR3-DIMM-240pin-1333MHz-RAM-Desktop-Memory-/131850352536?hash=item1eb2e4b798:g:zDwAAOSwbYZXYyH-

PSU (Almost New lol) 12$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apevia-Java-650W-LED-Power-Supply-Barely-Used-/142023241964?hash=item21113eb0ec:g:iGoAAOSwqBJXXb2u]Apevia%20Java%20650W%20LED%20Power%20Supply

Link from Newegg for those who say it's a bad PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148041

CPU Cooler 22$: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B017EVR67W/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

SSD (NEW) 13$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Kingston-V300-120GB-2-5-inch-SATA-III-7mm-SSD-Retail-SV300S37A-120G-/311636573200?hash=item488efcbc10:g:aBIAAOSwQSZXPpK1

MOTHERBOARD 60$: MSI X58 LGA 1366//Socket B

PC CASE (NEW) 8$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-window-Case-Lights-Red-LED-Strip-for-Computer-case-4-pin-molex-connector-/172230657606?hash=item2819bf4646:g:BSgAAOSwuMFUf7Oq

BUILD TOTAL: 236$


Now, if you want cheaper than this, you're a really cheap MF
post #138 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post


You would. If you actually could buy a 290 for 100 bucks and a PSU for 12. wink.gif

290 - Auction
PSU - Auction
MB - Auction

Unknown random "Apevia" PSU being better than my Seasonic? Im in. What we're betting? Anything minus your credibility,i think you lost that a long time ago.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=92

Could any of their PSU's be any better? I doubt it.
Resolution wise it is,pixel wise,no. As said,they have 1/3 of the pixels of true 4K (est. 6M vs 8M)

It's being advertised at 8.3M pixels.

 

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-43uf680v-smart-4k-ultra-hd-43-led-tv-10135235-pdt.html

post #139 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLomgbbq View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

1080p is dying in the TV market. Especially since 4K is so cheap now. Right now, I can buy a 48" LG 4K TV for £385. That's not too far off what I paid for my 32" 1080p LG TV around 5 years ago. It's estimated that by the end of 2017, over 25% of TVs sold will be 4K.

It would be pretty bad marketing for them to release an upgraded Xbone that can only do 1080p.


They released a console that can only do 720 on avg and 1080 as an exception, with the X1. When 1080p was coming out, they released consoles that could only do sub 720p and no one cared.

Honestly, this 4k nonsense is so tiring. Id much rather better gfx all round with bigger games and better ai with better animations @ 60+ fps at 1440p then sub par looking games, stupid ai, asset/texture pop in @ 30 fps at 4k.


Gaming has become such a disappointment. The same boring drivel with the same boring lifeless ai with a bunch of rinse and repeat missions.

Completely over it tbh. Time to find a new hobby, i think, one that requires actual effort and actually stimulates the ol grey matter.

Right, for the entire history of console gaming we've been getting games with special effects prioritized over resolution, and did it benefit game design at all? No.

On the other hand shooters will play better at 4K, this is a push with tangible benefits.
And if your favorite shooter is more close quarters than ranged combat, bump up your FOV up to 120 degrees like I did playing DOOM at 4K. Close quarters combat really benefits from a wider FOV, and I can still pick off the Imps with my pistol at long range too.

And it's not like both markets can't be served.
With a 980Ti I can get DOOM to run at 80fps in 4K with low graphcial settings (though really I prefer to use 20% downscaling and get 80-100fps).
Does having that option prevent you from cranking up the special effects at 1080p?
No, no it doesn't.

There is no inherent crippling of games by supporting 4K, all of that power can be scaled however people want.
post #140 of 247
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Apparently, my previous build is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE and not viable for the hard crowd of OCN who wouldn't ever waste their money in such build 4.5 times more powerful than a PS4 unless it goes for 250$ or lower than said console.

Let me try to fix that.

GPU 100$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VisionTek-RADEON-R9-290-4GB-/122014954513?hash=item1c68a87411:g:Tr4AAOSwtJZXUHj9

CPU Quad Core with Haswell like IPC 15$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5640-SLBVC-2-66GHz-12MB-5-86-GT-s-LGA1366-Quad-Core-Processor-/262479064931?hash=item3d1cf8af63:g:~NkAAOSwq19XDHqv

RAM 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 6$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanya-8GB-4-x-2GB-PC3-10600U-DDR3-DIMM-240pin-1333MHz-RAM-Desktop-Memory-/131850352536?hash=item1eb2e4b798:g:zDwAAOSwbYZXYyH-

PSU (Almost New lol) 12$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apevia-Java-650W-LED-Power-Supply-Barely-Used-/142023241964?hash=item21113eb0ec:g:iGoAAOSwqBJXXb2u]Apevia%20Java%20650W%20LED%20Power%20Supply

Link from Newegg for those who say it's a bad PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148041

CPU Cooler 22$: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B017EVR67W/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

SSD (NEW) 13$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Kingston-V300-120GB-2-5-inch-SATA-III-7mm-SSD-Retail-SV300S37A-120G-/311636573200?hash=item488efcbc10:g:aBIAAOSwQSZXPpK1

MOTHERBOARD 60$: MSI X58 LGA 1366//Socket B

PC CASE (NEW) 8$: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-window-Case-Lights-Red-LED-Strip-for-Computer-case-4-pin-molex-connector-/172230657606?hash=item2819bf4646:g:BSgAAOSwuMFUf7Oq

BUILD TOTAL: 236$


Now, if you want cheaper than this, you're a really cheap MF

I like you mate, but those auctions that last a couple of days won't stay the same. The RAM most def won't be 6$ biggrin.gif
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Gamespot] Project Scorpio Is 4.5X as Powerful as Xbox One, Phil Spencer Says