Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Gamespot] Project Scorpio Is 4.5X as Powerful as Xbox One, Phil Spencer Says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Gamespot] Project Scorpio Is 4.5X as Powerful as Xbox One, Phil Spencer Says - Page 21

post #201 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1990 View Post

Read my last post, you posted right after I finished replying. biggrin.gif

1440p does not have 6x the pixels as 1080p

The Order(good or bad) uses 4xMSAA.

A well optimized game on console does not micro stutter and if I am right your 1080 is currently micro stuttering because of bad drivers.

A mouse and keyboard will always be more accurate than a controller, however using a analog stick will make you not feel that input lag as much.

I am used to 30fps but the higher the better, as long as the 30 is solid it is not too bad, but when it jumps like it did in the witcher 3 before numerous patches it was not pleasant.

he's talking about the best consoles can do and the best PCs can do and still saying consoles will look better because of Uncharted redface.gif

5K does have 7 times more pixels and definition than 1080p given the correct aspect ratio, and they are available at decent prices, saying 6 times was just me being conservative, besides Uncharted can't even run at 30 FPS estable, at those frame rates any dip is really hurting the experience, I've grown accustomed to 100 FPS+ so much that even 60 FPS feels clunky, reason why I can feel the Microstuttering on my new Pascal card while little to no one else can.

On top of that the textures are a joke, I cringed to see the water textures in the boat scene, just like Uncharted can't even run 30 FPS estable it can't universally run at 1080p, the game runs at 900p in the other half of the game.

And trust me, the Microstuttering I feel with my GTX Pascal card would feel like heaven to you.
Edited by Dargonplay - 7/13/16 at 1:41pm
post #202 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

So 900p/1080p 30 FPS is subjectively better looking than 4K @ 60Hz or 1440p @ 144Hz.

Just like blurry textures are subjectively better than 6 times crispier textures.

Post Processing AA like FXAA is subjectively better than MSAA/SMAA or supersampling.

Microstuttering feels better than FreeSync/G-Sync.

Huge input lags are more realistic than lower ones, subjectively.

30 FPS cinematic feels is subjectively superior to any FPS above that.

Gotcha.

Wow, way to change your argument and twist what I said. I never said that higher res and fps is not better, I made the point that higher FPS and res in game X doesn't automatically make it look better than game Y. Of course if all else is equal, higher res/fps is better, but that's clearly not what the argument is about.
post #203 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post

Wow, way to change your argument and twist what I said. I never said that higher res and fps is not better, I made the point that higher FPS and res in game X doesn't automatically make it look better than game Y. Of course if all else is equal, higher res/fps is better, but that's clearly not what the argument is about.

Your argument was that Uncharted 4 looks better than anything on PC, which is an absolute delusion.
post #204 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Your argument was that Uncharted 4 looks better than anything on PC, which is an absolute delusion.

It easily does, and higher FPS/res in current PC games doesn't remedy that. Delusion is the claims of yours without firsthand experience rolleyes.gif

PS: Head on over to the official screenshots thread. I haven't posted anything pictures in there, but there are plenty of other people who agree with me tongue.gif
post #205 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post

It easily does, and higher FPS/res in current PC games doesn't remedy that. Delusion is the claims of yours without firsthand experience rolleyes.gif

This is absolute gold! lachen.gif
post #206 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

This is absolute gold! lachen.gif

You're the type to take what I say completely out of context, so i'll clarify: increasing res/fps in any given PC game doesn't make it automatically look better than UC4. You're still stuck with overall lower quality graphical detail and fidelity.

And again, look at the screenshots thread for other people who actually own and have played the game, unlike yourself rolleyes.gif
post #207 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post

It easily does, and higher FPS/res in current PC games doesn't remedy that. Delusion is the claims of yours without firsthand experience rolleyes.gif

This is absolute gold! lachen.gif

One thing Uncharted does good is its optimization for the consoles... And brainwashing, but even Batman Broken Knight at the same resolution and FPS but maxed out on PC would look graphically better than Uncharted, no matter how hard you try to spin it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post


You're still stuck with overall lower quality graphical detail and fidelity.

Jesus Christ the Irony lachen.giflachen.gif
post #208 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

he's talking about the best consoles can do and the best PCs can do and still saying consoles will look better because of Uncharted redface.gif

5K does have 7 times more pixels and definition than 1080p given the correct aspect ratio, and they are available at decent prices, saying 6 times was just me being conservative,

Ahh 5k, I was going off you saying "My 1440p 150 FPS True MSAA/SMAA with 6 times more definition."
post #209 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Jesus Christ the Irony lachen.giflachen.gif

I think he is referring to something like say minecraft at 4k, not something like Crysis 3.
post #210 of 247
I think I'll boot up Doom 1 (1993) at 4k simply because well, you know, it would be the best graphics in the history of EVAR.

Even better than Uncharted 4.

Res. Means. EVERYTHING.

"Minecraft one of the best looking games ever..."


Edited by Xion X2 - 7/14/16 at 7:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Gamespot] Project Scorpio Is 4.5X as Powerful as Xbox One, Phil Spencer Says