Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming - Page 180  

post #1791 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

some more . . ."stuff"




http://videocardz.com/61434/amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-analysis

That's actually some AMAZING scaling if you sit down and calculate the %ages:

1379 / 1266 = 8.9% core OC
2200 / 2000 = 10% memory OC

3028 / 2645 = 14.5% increase in FSU score

That's (beyond blinksmiley.gif) 1:1 scaling if I ever saw great scaling.

SO, assuming all those numbers are real and the scaling is consistent, if there's an RX 480 that can indeed overclock to ~1500, it could very well match a bone stock 980 Ti.

Stuff (Click to show)
Also with leaks like these, who needs official reviews? biggrin.gif
post #1792 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

That's actually some AMAZING scaling if you sit down and calculate the %ages:

1379 / 1266 = 8.9% core OC
2200 / 2000 = 10% memory OC

3028 / 2645 = 14.5% increase in FSU score

That's (beyond blinksmiley.gif) 1:1 scaling if I ever saw great scaling.

SO, assuming all those numbers are real and the scaling is consistent, if there's an RX 480 that can indeed overclock to ~1500, it could very well match a bone stock 980 Ti.

Stuff (Click to show)
Also with leaks like these, who needs official reviews? biggrin.gif
Ye, but it's just synthetic bench. doesn't really mean anything.

or maybe stock clock isn't 1266mhz and maybe it's throttling ? tongue.gif
post #1793 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

That's actually some AMAZING scaling if you sit down and calculate the %ages:

1379 / 1266 = 8.9% core OC
2200 / 2000 = 10% memory OC

3028 / 2645 = 14.5% increase in FSU score

That's (beyond blinksmiley.gif) 1:1 scaling if I ever saw great scaling.

SO, assuming all those numbers are real and the scaling is consistent, if there's an RX 480 that can indeed overclock to ~1500, it could very well match a bone stock 980 Ti.

Stuff (Click to show)
Also with leaks like these, who needs official reviews? biggrin.gif

Time to break out this smiley again, drunken.gif
post #1794 of 2870
thumbsupsmiley.png
post #1795 of 2870
So still no official driver?
post #1796 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenland View Post

So still no official driver?

Yeah it's bugging me were this close to a launch and nothing. This makes me think this is going to be more disappointing than anything. Like someone else said i don't see why they are keeping it locked up this long since it supposedly won't have any competition in that range yet.
post #1797 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagget3450 View Post

Yeah it's bugging me were this close to a launch and nothing. This makes me think this is going to be more disappointing than anything. Like someone else said i don't see why they are keeping it locked up this long since it supposedly won't have any competition in that range yet.
It has a direct competitor and it's th 1070 biggrin.gif
Number 3
(16 items)
 
Dust Catcher
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k 4.5 ghz MSI Gaming M7  1080ti aorus xtreme 2x8 go Gskill 3200mhz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
crucial ssd 128 Go 2x Samsung 840 evo 250 Go Hitachi HDD 2To Toshiba HDD 2To 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Old DVD-RW KRAKEN X61 Windows 10 x64 Swift 2k 165hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
g910 CM V1000 CM Trooper modded g502 proteus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii x6 1075t Asus Sabertooth 990fx CF 2x Asus 6950 directcu ii  2x4Gb Gskill 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
80go Intel x25 ssd series + 500 go Samsung  cooler master V6 gt Win 7 64bit ultimate edition cooler master silent pro 850w 
Case
HAF 912 advanced 
  hide details  
Number 3
(16 items)
 
Dust Catcher
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k 4.5 ghz MSI Gaming M7  1080ti aorus xtreme 2x8 go Gskill 3200mhz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
crucial ssd 128 Go 2x Samsung 840 evo 250 Go Hitachi HDD 2To Toshiba HDD 2To 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Old DVD-RW KRAKEN X61 Windows 10 x64 Swift 2k 165hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
g910 CM V1000 CM Trooper modded g502 proteus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii x6 1075t Asus Sabertooth 990fx CF 2x Asus 6950 directcu ii  2x4Gb Gskill 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
80go Intel x25 ssd series + 500 go Samsung  cooler master V6 gt Win 7 64bit ultimate edition cooler master silent pro 850w 
Case
HAF 912 advanced 
  hide details  
post #1798 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

That's actually some AMAZING scaling if you sit down and calculate the %ages:

1379 / 1266 = 8.9% core OC
2200 / 2000 = 10% memory OC

3028 / 2645 = 14.5% increase in FSU score

That's (beyond blinksmiley.gif) 1:1 scaling if I ever saw great scaling.

SO, assuming all those numbers are real and the scaling is consistent, if there's an RX 480 that can indeed overclock to ~1500, it could very well match a bone stock 980 Ti.

Stuff (Click to show)
Also with leaks like these, who needs official reviews? biggrin.gif

No.

1500 wouldn't do it. It's better to use the median score than the lowest score. 3028/2680 = 13%.

So using the rest of your math, that is still good scoring/scaling. The problem is the next part. AMD assuming linear scaling continued, another 120mhz on the clock which would bring it close to 1500, but would also bring up the score another 320+/- 10 points. because this is linear scaling. Not approximately 1000 points, that would be a 33% increase. A 10 percent increase in frequency is not going to increase a score by 33%.

So a 1500mhz/2400memory would only bring the score up 3353 points about. To get to 4000 points, you would need 1730-1750mhz clocks and 2800 mhz memory speed which is the speed you would need to get to a gtx 980 ti stock because this is about what a gtx 980 ti scores stock.

Basically to match a gtx 980 ti, it needs close to a 50% increase because that how much the score needs to increase by.
Edited by tajoh111 - 6/25/16 at 7:57pm
post #1799 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noufel View Post

It has a direct competitor and it's th 1070 biggrin.gif

I want which you are smoking, mate rolleyes.gif
post #1800 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post

No.

1500 wouldn't do it. It's better to use the median score than the lowest score. 3028/2680 = 13%.

So using the rest of your math, that is still good scoring/scaling. The problem is the next part. AMD assuming linear scaling continued, another 120mhz on the clock which would bring it close to 1500, but would also bring up the score another 320+/- 10 points. because this is linear scaling. Not approximately 1000 points, that would be a 33% increase. A 10 percent increase in frequency is not going to increase a score by 33%.

So a 1500mhz/2400memory would only bring the score up 3353 points about. To get to 4000 points, you would need 1730-1750mhz clocks and 2800 mhz memory speed which is the speed you would need to get to a gtx 980 ti stock because this is about what a gtx 980 scores stock.

Damn I knew I should've added something at the end. I was only being half serious -- basically poking fun at the numbers and how the scaling seems to be complete bonkers.

But yes your math is correct.

Btw here's two chars with FSE and FSU scores for easy comparisons:

3dmark-extreme-645x528.jpg

3dmark-ultra-645x528.jpg
Edited by magnek - 6/25/16 at 7:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming