Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming - Page 243  

post #2421 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Yes my "business logic" (lol) are lacking. Its just the exact same as Nvidia have been using for years now. Who is sucessful of AMD and Nvidia you say? rolleyes.gif

By all means, let AMD release a card with the same performance as millions and millions already own. Im sure they will buy RX 480 just because its "new".
Go read the AMD subreddit. Many are pissed because they sold their 290/390/290X/390X and this is what they found out later after all the hype: "matching 1070 with overclock, maybe even 1080", or "980Ti performance for $200" rolleyes.gif


https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4pzklb/sapphire_ed_i_would_not_upgrade_from_390_to_480/

If many ppl have sold their old cards they have probably done so for more than 200$ or close to that at least. Now if they get a RX480 8GB they will get newer node, less heat generated, less power draw and better performance. Maybe not much better but all those things add up + it's performance would probably increase by 5-10% in the course of an year.

Now about marketing i am one of those guys with 200-300$ price limit and for me if either AMD or Nvidia releases a high end GPU it will be something i read up once and revew how it goes in hopes later they can release a product in my price range that performs at least at half the rate of it. What is great now is that AMD has actually started with that product rather with the top end one. From production point of vew, from marketshare point of view even from hardware maturity point of view. Then why not do it?
Not only that it is half of the top end product - 1080 and that was shown in the Ashes Crossfire comparison. it.
Nvidia however had the lead and had to keep it,
Home PC
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350  M5A99FX PRO R2.0 GTX 650 2x4GB DDR3 2400 mhz 11-13-13-35 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Several Thermalright Inferno IFX-14 + 2x ML 120's + 2x... Windows 10 Cooler Master B700 v.2 
  hide details  
Home PC
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350  M5A99FX PRO R2.0 GTX 650 2x4GB DDR3 2400 mhz 11-13-13-35 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Several Thermalright Inferno IFX-14 + 2x ML 120's + 2x... Windows 10 Cooler Master B700 v.2 
  hide details  
post #2422 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Yes my "business logic" (lol) are lacking. Its just the exact same as Nvidia have been using for years now. Who is sucessful of AMD and Nvidia you say? rolleyes.gif

By all means, let AMD release a card with the same performance as millions and millions already own. Im sure they will buy RX 480 just because its "new".
Go read the AMD subreddit. Many are pissed because they sold their 290/390/290X/390X and this is what they found out later after all the hype: "matching 1070 with overclock, maybe even 1080", or "980Ti performance for $200" rolleyes.gif


https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4pzklb/sapphire_ed_i_would_not_upgrade_from_390_to_480/

Thats what happens when people stake out on rumors, sometimes you lose, or you get lucky and sell a card before its selling prices drop. On one hand, competing with GTX 1070 and 80 is entirely a good decision, on the other, there is something to be said for AMD trying to preempt Nvidia at a market segment. Considering AMD's low market share, Nvidia's marketing and name brand dominance, one could see a situation AMD competing with Nvidia's 1070/80 directly and failing to gain market share or sales. In that case, AMD may have decided to attempt this push at the mainstream to gain share, and not go directly into a contest its already losing.

If it works, hopefully it does, great, if not, well, hopefully Vega will do better.
post #2423 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post

I dont see many people complaining at all.

Only ones are those that had unrealistic expectations.
post #2424 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

AMD should have concentrated on the competitors for the GTX 1080/1070 cards instead. Atleast then they could offer something interesting and fast rather than a dull low midrange card.

Even AMD subreddit is extremely disappointed and you find a lot of fanboys there. Many people here on this forum seems to afraid or too stuck up you know what to say anything negative regarding the RX480.
The card would have been a "revolution" if it was faster than 390X by a good amount.
As always with new nodes you find midrange cards matching high end cards of previous nodes. There is nothing amazing about if 480X match a R9 390.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4q43w3/stop_justifying_amd_as_much_as_we_all_like_the/

Would you buy an AMD card that had 1080 performance but was 10% less expensive? 15%? 25%? 50%?

I think AMD did the right thing by not trying to get into a pissing match with nVidia at the high end, because everything else equal, unless the AMD card was literally half the price, people would still buy nVidia because their brand recognition is unhealthily strong at the high end.
post #2425 of 2870
Like all the people that say "I want AMD to compete so NV will suck less", but will never buy an AMD product. No matter if its better for their price point or application.
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
post #2426 of 2870
More like "I want AMD to compete so NV will be cheaper"

Yeah screw those people. I hope one day x04 cards cost $1000 (we're not that far away) and a Titan costs $3000 so they reap what they sow.
post #2427 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarathKasun View Post

Like all the people that say "I want AMD to compete so NV will suck less", but will never buy an AMD product. No matter if its better for their price point or application.
This.

for 200-230$ we haven't got any huge improvements( from nvidia 760-960 )or new products from amd ( mostly rebrands). this is the best launch in this price segment after years. but people are still unhappy. i guess if nvidia launched 1060 now it will be the second coming of Jesus or something ?
post #2428 of 2870
Let's not forget that OC vs OC, the 1080 is barely faster than the Titan X, given that the Titan X has sufficient cooling. A good aftermarket 980 Ti only loses by 10% against an aftermarket 1080.

It's just like the jump from the 780 Ti; the real gap was about 5% when comparing the chips at their highest clock speeds. The 780 Ti was just so low clocked from the factory that it looked more impressive for the 980 than it was.
post #2429 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Yes my "business logic" (lol) are lacking. Its just the exact same as Nvidia have been using for years now. Who is sucessful of AMD and Nvidia you say? rolleyes.gif

By all means, let AMD release a card with the same performance as millions and millions already own. Im sure they will buy RX 480 just because its "new".
Go read the AMD subreddit. Many are pissed because they sold their 290/390/290X/390X and this is what they found out later after all the hype: "matching 1070 with overclock, maybe even 1080", or "980Ti performance for $200" rolleyes.gif

Meanwhile over at the NV forums i'm sure people are pissed because they sold their 980ti for the 1070 or 1080 lol.
Edited by Orthello - 6/27/16 at 3:18pm
post #2430 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthello View Post

Meanwhile over at the NV forums i'm sure people are pissed because they sold their 980ti for the 1070 or 1080 lol.

Do you have any evidence for that? On that note, have any reviewers anyone has read, warned about upgrades from the 980ti to 1070/80 might not be that big of an upgrade?

I ask cause I think Nvidia managed to get away with that under the radar. Or am I missing those reviews?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming