Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming - Page 31  

post #301 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by prznar1 View Post

maybe they dont exist smile.gif anyway, this is not gtx 1080 thread right?

Now why would they not exist when EVGA has shown that they do, albeit without releasing the scores? Anyway, as you said it's not the GTX 1080 thread so let's get back on topic.
post #302 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatun-Bear View Post

Ojo10 you have some front coming here talking BS again after you were exposed with your 'Polaris 10 in October' misinformation. Please spare us all further false claims.

Until there's a hard launch (obviously with mass availability) you have no evidence to the contrary wink.gif
post #303 of 2870
Yeah beacause AMD are going to target 95% of the gamers with the same paper launch as Nvidia did smile.gif
Home PC
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350  M5A99FX PRO R2.0 GTX 650 2x4GB DDR3 2400 mhz 11-13-13-35 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Several Thermalright Inferno IFX-14 + 2x ML 120's + 2x... Windows 10 Cooler Master B700 v.2 
  hide details  
Home PC
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350  M5A99FX PRO R2.0 GTX 650 2x4GB DDR3 2400 mhz 11-13-13-35 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Several Thermalright Inferno IFX-14 + 2x ML 120's + 2x... Windows 10 Cooler Master B700 v.2 
  hide details  
post #304 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oj010 View Post

Given that we know that near 3 GHz has been done yet the results available are all sub 2.2 GHz, it should be pretty easy to deduce that something about those results is preventing them from being made public. Custom BIOS? Unannounced card? Who knows wink.gif

Ok now you've crossed over into spreading FUD. Maybe you really should take a step back and brush up on some recent news:
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

I would be lying if I said I didn't giggle a little bit at this:

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=447836&postcount=15
http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=447837&postcount=16

Actually do me a favor and read through this page of that thread: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=447837#post447837

There hasn't been a lot of results because GP104 is extremely finnicky/hard to overclock on LN2 period.

Yes Kingpin got his to 2835 MHz but didn't run any benchmarks. Why? Maybe because the card is too unstable to complete any benchmarks in that state. wink.gif
post #305 of 2870
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oj010 View Post

I do, however, think that we can all agree that CPU-like frequencies in this day and age would be sonewhere in the 3 GHz range.

I suppose those ultra low power server chips running at 2.0GHz , mobile products like the atom running at 1.6GHz or the i5 runing at 2.3GHz.or embedded i3s running at 1.9GHz don't qualify as CPUs

I already called you out on this vagueness weeks ago and and you are still backpedaling?
Tsar Bomba
(12 items)
 
Fat Man
(13 items)
 
Little Boy
(29 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-6700K ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 SSD 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB 2.5" SSD Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet Noctua NF-F12 PWM Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K95 Corsair SF 600W Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Corsair M65 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10-7850K GIGABYTE GA-F2A88X-UP4 XFX R9-290A-ENBC Radeon R9 290 XFX R9-290A-ENBC Radeon R9 290 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 128GB Western Digital Blue 1TB XSPC Raystorm CPU/APU Waterblock - AMD XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo 
CoolingCoolingCoolingPower
XSPC AX360 Radiator XSPC AX240 Radiator 2x XSPC Razor R9 290X / 290 - Full Cover Water ... EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 
Case
Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Black  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4770K  Asus Maximus VI Extreme Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X G.SKILL Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 2400 2x SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 29x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 2x Swiftech MCP655 + Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya Balancer 450 Silver Nickel Reservoir 2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 240mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 120mm Radiator 4x Koolance VID-AR290X Radeon VGA Liquid Coolin... EK Supreme LTX Intel CPU Liquid Cooling Block -... 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Asus VS238H-P 23.0" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K95 ENERMAX Maxrevo EMR1500EWT 1500W Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Audio
Astro Gaming A50 Circumaural Headset - Black 
  hide details  
Tsar Bomba
(12 items)
 
Fat Man
(13 items)
 
Little Boy
(29 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-6700K ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 SSD 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB 2.5" SSD Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet Noctua NF-F12 PWM Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K95 Corsair SF 600W Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Corsair M65 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10-7850K GIGABYTE GA-F2A88X-UP4 XFX R9-290A-ENBC Radeon R9 290 XFX R9-290A-ENBC Radeon R9 290 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 128GB Western Digital Blue 1TB XSPC Raystorm CPU/APU Waterblock - AMD XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo 
CoolingCoolingCoolingPower
XSPC AX360 Radiator XSPC AX240 Radiator 2x XSPC Razor R9 290X / 290 - Full Cover Water ... EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 
Case
Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Black  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4770K  Asus Maximus VI Extreme Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X Sapphire R9 290 unlocked to 290X G.SKILL Sniper Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 2400 2x SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 29x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 2x Swiftech MCP655 + Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya Balancer 450 Silver Nickel Reservoir 2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 240mm Radiator Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 120mm Radiator 4x Koolance VID-AR290X Radeon VGA Liquid Coolin... EK Supreme LTX Intel CPU Liquid Cooling Block -... 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Asus VS238H-P 23.0" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K95 ENERMAX Maxrevo EMR1500EWT 1500W Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Audio
Astro Gaming A50 Circumaural Headset - Black 
  hide details  
post #306 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oj010 View Post

Until there's a hard launch (obviously with mass availability) you have no evidence to the contrary wink.gif

Would you say that Nvidia hard launched (with mass availability) their GTX 1080 and GTX 1070? What do you call mass availability?
post #307 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavovid View Post

Guys i don't mean to derail the thread as this guy Oj010 is so funny to read right now. But along all the RX480 threads i have been folowing there was a post about how AMD cards age compared to their competitor across the years and i can't find it.

Could someone with more experience in finding those things or memmory of where it was assist please smile.gif

I feel bad for not saving it the first time i read it and i thought i had frown.gif

On the subject i still expect Polaris 10 to be at atleast 1050 mhz if they take so much time till octobre to fix their 850 mhz problem ...

Somewhere here?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1436497/official-amd-r9-290x-290-owners-club/42400#post_25076326

http://www.overclock.net/t/1592431/anand-ashes-of-the-singularity-revisited-a-beta-look-at-directx-12-asynchronous-shading/300#post_24935955

Not sure it helps, but...
post #308 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oj010 View Post

Until there's a hard launch (obviously with mass availability) you have no evidence to the contrary wink.gif
hard launch of custom aib or reference design ? please be more specific.


because 29th is for reference iirc.
post #309 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomo4shO View Post

I suppose those ultra low power server chips running at 2.0GHz , mobile products like the atom running at 1.6GHz or the i5 runing at 2.3GHz.or embedded i3s running at 1.9GHz don't qualify as CPUs

I already called you out on this vagueness weeks ago and and you are still backpedaling?

Celeron 2961Y runs at 1.1GHz with no turbo. So I guess you could say every single GM204 card in existence ran at CPU-like frequencies lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oj010 View Post

Until there's a hard launch (obviously with mass availability) you have no evidence to the contrary wink.gif

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
post #310 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

Ok now you've crossed over into spreading FUD. Maybe you really should take a step back and brush up on some recent news:
Actually do me a favor and read through this page of that thread: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=447837#post447837

There hasn't been a lot of results because GP104 is extremely finnicky/hard to overclock on LN2 period.

Yes Kingpin got his to 2835 MHz but didn't run any benchmarks. Why? Maybe because the card is too unstable to complete any benchmarks in that state. wink.gif

So you're honestly suggesting that while he was able to show more than 2,800 MHz on LN2 the highest bench speed is still on air? Mkay. I'm yet to see any card that can suicide almost 650 MHz (that's 30 %) higher than it can bench.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming