Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming - Page 65  

post #641 of 2870
We still don't know tho. 480 might not be faster than 390 @stock clocks. But even in that case it might be worth selling 390X just for less power consumption/heat.
post #642 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha-Nocri View Post

We still don't know tho. 480 might not be faster than 390 @stock clocks. But even in that case it might be worth selling 390X just for less power consumption/heat.

Well according to the most recent leak on performance @ 1266MHz in Firestrike Ultra, it appears that this card would certainly be faster than a 390 @ stock clocks.



As of now you have noticed how far behind it is compared to the Fury X (not much), again, @ 1266MHz. Now, this would mean that at an increase to say 1520MHz (overclocked), you will most likely be at that Fury X score (a more realistic approach would be to apply 20% improvement to the score, and then subtract 5% because scaling is not linear with overclocking, but that still realistically puts you @ 4099 score, so even higher than the Fury X)
Edited by BiG StroOnZ - 6/19/16 at 3:44am
post #643 of 2870
^ if the leak is true
post #644 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha-Nocri View Post

^ if the leak is true

Leaks tend to be more and more accurate as we approach launch. This came out 4 days ago.
post #645 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Leaks tend to be more and more accurate as we approach launch. This came out 4 days ago.

So did the other leak that places it ahead of 390x only in Firestrike Ultra and behind otherwise.
post #646 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfail9001 View Post

So did the other leak that places it ahead of 390x only in Firestrike Ultra and behind otherwise.

Which leaks are you talking about that are more recent than the one I posted, specifically?
post #647 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfail9001 View Post

So did the other leak that places it ahead of 390x only in Firestrike Ultra and behind otherwise.
it will definitely be at least equal or ahead of 290x/390x.

1266MHz x 2304 cores equals to Hawaii's 2816 @ 1035MHz. That is assuming there are no GCN architecture improvement....
Gaming Rig
(10 items)
 
Work/Web Rig
(11 items)
 
Web Rig
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @4GHz stock volt OC Asus P8Z77-V LK Palit GTX 750Ti StormX Dual Corsair Vengence 1600MHz_CL8 4GBx4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 80GB 7200rpm Maxtor 250GB 7200rpm Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorCase
BenQ XL2720z @ 1920x1080 144Hz Silverstone Ps06 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9650 Gigabyte EP41-UD3L Asus 1GB Radeon 7790 DirectCU OC Corsair Gaming Ram 2GBx2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 80GB 7200rpm Western Digital 200GB 7200rpm Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 7 pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 226bw 1680x1050 Acbel iPower 510w (450w PSU) LianLi PS05 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD E350 MSI E350IA-E45 AMD Radeon 6310 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital 80GB Linux Slackware 14.1 Samsung 22" 1680x1050 LCD Acbel 300w PSU 
  hide details  
Gaming Rig
(10 items)
 
Work/Web Rig
(11 items)
 
Web Rig
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @4GHz stock volt OC Asus P8Z77-V LK Palit GTX 750Ti StormX Dual Corsair Vengence 1600MHz_CL8 4GBx4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 80GB 7200rpm Maxtor 250GB 7200rpm Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorCase
BenQ XL2720z @ 1920x1080 144Hz Silverstone Ps06 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9650 Gigabyte EP41-UD3L Asus 1GB Radeon 7790 DirectCU OC Corsair Gaming Ram 2GBx2 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 80GB 7200rpm Western Digital 200GB 7200rpm Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 7 pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 226bw 1680x1050 Acbel iPower 510w (450w PSU) LianLi PS05 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD E350 MSI E350IA-E45 AMD Radeon 6310 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital 80GB Linux Slackware 14.1 Samsung 22" 1680x1050 LCD Acbel 300w PSU 
  hide details  
post #648 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocknut View Post

it will definitely be at least equal or ahead of 290x/390x.

1266MHz x 2304 cores equals to Hawaii's 2816 @ 1035MHz. That is assuming there are no GCN architecture improvement....


If the improvement is 20% over GCN than it will be faster than Hawaii by 20%. 390X tend to have better clock so maybe 15%?


Either way get a pair and OC till 1.5GHz and u are looking at TX SLI performance.
Project Frostbite
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7-6800K OC 4.2GHz @ 1.28 Vcore ASUS X99 Sabertooth Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Corsair Vengeance White LED 4x8GB DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 1TB Corsair H100i V2 AiO Window 10 64-Bits Home Premium Acer Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Spectrum Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Switc... Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Gold Phantek Enthoo Pro Full Acrylic Black Razer Diamondback 3G 
AudioAudioAudio
Audio Engine A2+ Speaker Audio Engine D1 DAC Audio Engine S8 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Project Frostbite
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7-6800K OC 4.2GHz @ 1.28 Vcore ASUS X99 Sabertooth Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Corsair Vengeance White LED 4x8GB DDR4-3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 1TB Corsair H100i V2 AiO Window 10 64-Bits Home Premium Acer Predator XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tesoro Spectrum Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Switc... Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W Gold Phantek Enthoo Pro Full Acrylic Black Razer Diamondback 3G 
AudioAudioAudio
Audio Engine A2+ Speaker Audio Engine D1 DAC Audio Engine S8 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
post #649 of 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Well according to the most recent leak on performance @ 1266MHz in Firestrike Ultra, it appears that this card would certainly be faster than a 390 @ stock clocks.



As of now you have noticed how far behind it is compared to the Fury X (not much), again, @ 1266MHz. Now, this would mean that at an increase to say 1520MHz (overclocked), you will most likely be at that Fury X score (a more realistic approach would be to apply 20% improvement to the score, and then subtract 5% because scaling is not linear with overclocking, but that still realistically puts you @ 4099 score, so even higher than the Fury X)

My 290 oc'ed to 1200 is a bit faster than the 390X but even my highest oc, which is 1300 will never match the 480 if real.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
post #650 of 2870
I think the point was that this card is meant to be $200 not $300
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With Voltage Control Coming