Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › G303 Modification
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

G303 Modification

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Hey guys this is my first post on OCN (been lurking for a while though lol) so go easy please. I'm about to open up a g303 to replace my cable with a custom paracord cable I have coming in. The situation is this: I've recently RMA'd my g303 due to sensor rattle that it had and Logitech just sent me a new one (excellent customer support btw) and the new one is pretty much perfect in every way but the heavy cable. When I open it up, is there a risk of the sensor coming loose?
post #2 of 11
if you're already opening it up, you might as well attach the lens with some putty or double sided tape or so to make sure it'll never come loose smile.gif
post #3 of 11
I would test it before opening (shake the mouse) to see if it has factory new rattle.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K ASUS P8P67 560 ti 8gb ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
1tb green caviar 1tb Black caviar Windows 7 650w seasonic 
CaseMouse
Corsair 400r Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K ASUS P8P67 560 ti 8gb ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
1tb green caviar 1tb Black caviar Windows 7 650w seasonic 
CaseMouse
Corsair 400r Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
I have already tested it extensively. I shook it, no rattle. Second step is to see if it tracks on a piece of white paper. Tracks perfectly. Next I raise dpi and tape a piece of the same white paper under the sensor and tilt it and shake it. No movement. This one has no sensor rattle.

The point I'm making is I'm going to be replacing the cable. Will opening it cause it to come loose or not?
Edited by Dakrah - 6/17/16 at 3:13pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

if you're already opening it up, you might as well attach the lens with some putty or double sided tape or so to make sure it'll never come loose smile.gif

this
post #6 of 11
Why don't you just cut away the braiding and save a little cash and not have to open it.

After seeing this video I cut away both my g502 and g303 cables.

Takes a little time and you need something small and sharp to cut away individual braids but its worth it.
post #7 of 11

Taking off the braiding is better than nothing. But a paracord with 4 flexible and thin inner cables are really a step up. Much better than Zowie rubber cables.

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucake View Post

this

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll make sure to apply double sided tape anyway then.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VagueRant View Post

Why don't you just cut away the braiding and save a little cash and not have to open it.

After seeing this video I cut away both my g502 and g303 cables.

Takes a little time and you need something small and sharp to cut away individual braids but its worth it.

Was thinking of debraiding my 303 as well. Did it come off entirely clean around the area where the cable connects to the stress relief part? I'm afraid there will be random strainds sticking out or something.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickz View Post

Was thinking of debraiding my 303 as well. Did it come off entirely clean around the area where the cable connects to the stress relief part? I'm afraid there will be random strainds sticking out or something.

You need something very fine to cut up to the edge because I do not believe it is possible to remove the braiding completely. Mine just shows some fuzz at the edge.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › G303 Modification