Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › noctua nh-d15s vs cryorig r1 universal vs Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

noctua nh-d15s vs cryorig r1 universal vs Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hello
I wanted to know which of these three heat sinks is better?
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferro10 View Post

Hello
I wanted to know which of these three heat sinks is better?

I'd say the Noctua and Cryorig ones will give you the best performance due to the 2 fin stacks, as for overall better performance, i honestly think they would be neck and neck. They are both fantastic coolers. Maybe someone else here has the specifics info wise but i cant see there being much of a difference at all, they are virtually the same coolers give or take a few tiny features, id go with the one you like the look of better from the 2. Hope this helps some.

Edit: i looked for some reviews and found one right off the bat, 2 degree Celsius difference between them and that isnt with the cryorig having all possible fans like their main review for the cryorig had, and at higher temps the cryorig wins. I'd honestly go off of what one you like the look of as i said before. hope this helps.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Noctua/NH-D15S/6.html
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

I'd say the Noctua and Cryorig ones will give you the best performance due to the 2 fin stacks, as for overall better performance, i honestly think they would be neck and neck. They are both fantastic coolers. Maybe someone else here has the specifics info wise but i cant see there being much of a difference at all, they are virtually the same coolers give or take a few tiny features, id go with the one you like the look of better from the 2. Hope this helps some.

Edit: i looked for some reviews and found one right off the bat, 2 degree Celsius difference between them and that isnt with the cryorig having all possible fans like their main review for the cryorig had, and at higher temps the cryorig wins. I'd honestly go off of what one you like the look of as i said before. hope this helps.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Noctua/NH-D15S/6.html

thanks for the reply

from what I see are the cryorig and Noctua have the same performance.

as I prefer the aesthetic cryorig But even noctua is very nice
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferro10 View Post

thanks for the reply

from what I see are the cryorig and Noctua have the same performance.

as I prefer the aesthetic cryorig But even noctua is very nice

Noctua is very nice, though i cant say ive ever been fond of their color scheme personally haha.
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Koji
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700k Stock For Now Asus z170 Deluxe EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial Ballistics 32GB 4x8GB 2666Mhz Adata SP550 480GB SSD Cryoig H5 Ultimate White Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 24" 1080p 5ms Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate RBG EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 NZXT H630-W 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Chroma Razer Goliathus Control Logitech 5.1 Surround / Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InverseTundra View Post

Noctua is very nice, though i cant say ive ever been fond of their color scheme personally haha.

d15s could do with a combination of colors a little bit more beautiful.

the CRYORIG R1 Universal here in Italy costs about 10 € more than the Noctua NH-D15S
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferro10 View Post

thanks for the reply

from what I see are the cryorig and Noctua have the same performance.

as I prefer the aesthetic cryorig But even noctua is very nice

I've tested the R1 Ultimate and D15 head to head for a number of reviews. Essentially, they are dead even in terms of performance. There can be ~2 a degree swing caused by different case setups, but they never tested more than that from each other. The R1 is distinctly a little coarser sounding at higher rpm, but it is by no means a loud cooler and really more of a comment on just how smooth Noctua's fans sound. And, I happen to agree with you regarding the aesthetics - the R1 is great looking in the case.
post #7 of 16
Other coolers you might consider are Silver Arrow models, Le Grand Macho, R1 Ultimate, new Alpenfohn Olump (1st reviews show it a couple degrees cooler than others), and HE0. It is honestly more about looks and fit then which is best cooling.
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Other coolers you might consider are Silver Arrow models, Le Grand Macho, R1 Ultimate, new Alpenfohn Olump (1st reviews show it a couple degrees cooler than others), and HE0. It is honestly more about looks and fit then which is best cooling.



the problem is that my ram are high profile and then the Silver Arrow is not good.
post #9 of 16
[quote name="Ferro10" url="/t/1603677/noctua-nh-d15s-vs-cryorig-r1-universal-vs-thermalright-true-spirit-140-
Good reason. Look at Silverstone HE01. It has good front clearance.



Mighty be worth looking at dependong on cost in your area.
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
I do not really like how heatsink.
Here in Italy is also expensive € 70-75
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › noctua nh-d15s vs cryorig r1 universal vs Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power