Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Polaris RX 480 / RX 470 / RX 460 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Polaris RX 480 / RX 470 / RX 460 Discussion Thread - Page 20  

post #191 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscheat View Post

Firestrike benchmark

16.5.2 Drivers

Graphic Score 12508

16.6.2 Drivers

Graphic Score 12276

frown.gif

Maybe they put inline the extra power draw from the PCI-line and that resulted in less Graphic Score. But the Graphic Score is ok tbh i am disappointed a little by some of the games benchmarks that were out and that will be harder to test i guess.
Home PC
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350  M5A99FX PRO R2.0 GTX 650 2x4GB DDR3 2400 mhz 11-13-13-35 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Several Thermalright Inferno IFX-14 + 2x ML 120's + 2x... Windows 10 Cooler Master B700 v.2 
  hide details  
Home PC
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350  M5A99FX PRO R2.0 GTX 650 2x4GB DDR3 2400 mhz 11-13-13-35 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Several Thermalright Inferno IFX-14 + 2x ML 120's + 2x... Windows 10 Cooler Master B700 v.2 
  hide details  
post #192 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscheat View Post

Firestrike benchmark

16.5.2 Drivers

Graphic Score 12508

16.6.2 Drivers

Graphic Score 12276

frown.gif

Man we really could use some Undervolting+Overclocking results 😁
post #193 of 991
Ugh. The Polaris looks to be in line with the 300 series in terms of performance. This sucks.
Fantomex
(27 items)
 
Atlas
(20 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Fantomex
(27 items)
 
Atlas
(20 items)
 
 
  hide details  
post #194 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodybdesigns View Post

Ugh. The Polaris looks to be in line with the 300 series in terms of performance. This sucks.

what i love about this card is the price...i bought it at a really cheap price !
CSC Skylake Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 GA Z170M-D3H RX 480 Kingston Hyper X Fury  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
PNY 1131 Windows 10 BenQ GW2470  Corsair GS650 
Case
Corsair Air240 
  hide details  
CSC Skylake Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 GA Z170M-D3H RX 480 Kingston Hyper X Fury  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
PNY 1131 Windows 10 BenQ GW2470  Corsair GS650 
Case
Corsair Air240 
  hide details  
post #195 of 991
***... they even launch a new website for this

http://radeon.com/
CSC Skylake Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 GA Z170M-D3H RX 480 Kingston Hyper X Fury  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
PNY 1131 Windows 10 BenQ GW2470  Corsair GS650 
Case
Corsair Air240 
  hide details  
CSC Skylake Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 GA Z170M-D3H RX 480 Kingston Hyper X Fury  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
PNY 1131 Windows 10 BenQ GW2470  Corsair GS650 
Case
Corsair Air240 
  hide details  
post #196 of 991
I got my 390 for like $27 after some rebates etc. So I feel like a real winner lol
Fantomex
(27 items)
 
Atlas
(20 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Fantomex
(27 items)
 
Atlas
(20 items)
 
 
  hide details  
post #197 of 991
Thread Starter 
The negative people are really overreacting on this. Its a 230ish dollar gpu and they want 1070 or better performance. Seriously? Now all of a sudden because the power efficiency isnt as good as it should be they are predicting the doom of Vega. Its really quite amusing to read the news threads. Most of the people also complaining are more or less enthusiasts who already have a faster or equal GPU.

The card is a decent buy for people in that price range. I don't recall people ever flipping their hats over any of nvidias inexpensive gpus. If the 1060 end up faster and cheaper then it will be a Winner also. I wonder if people will give it the same treatment with rumors and act as if it were facts.

In the real world of buying products you can find the cheapest products in a given field are always the bigger sellers. Its just the way it is, not everyone is on a big budget. I mean its one reason why consoles are so big of a market in gaming. I guess i dont understand why people loose logical thinking on this type of launch.
post #198 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagget3450 View Post

The negative people are really overreacting on this. Its a 230ish dollar gpu and they want 1070 or better performance. Seriously? Now all of a sudden because the power efficiency isnt as good as it should be they are predicting the doom of Vega. Its really quite amusing to read the news threads. Most of the people also complaining are more or less enthusiasts who already have a faster or equal GPU.

The card is a decent buy for people in that price range. I don't recall people ever flipping their hats over any of nvidias inexpensive gpus. If the 1060 end up faster and cheaper then it will be a Winner also. I wonder if people will give it the same treatment with rumors and act as if it were facts.

In the real world of buying products you can find the cheapest products in a given field are always the bigger sellers. Its just the way it is, not everyone is on a big budget. I mean its one reason why consoles are so big of a market in gaming. I guess i dont understand why people loose logical thinking on this type of launch.

Performance is fine at the price.
Cooler is... BARELY better than the R9 290/X reference fiasco.
Power consumption looks to be a SERIOUS issue for some cards at least. 160-170w measured draw for a 150w card that is already on the very edge of the PEG graphics spec is inexcusable. Should have had an 8 pin connector at least.
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
post #199 of 991
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarathKasun View Post

Performance is fine at the price.
Cooler is... BARELY better than the R9 290/X reference fiasco.
Power consumption looks to be a SERIOUS issue for some cards at least. 160-170w measured draw for a 150w card that is already on the very edge of the PEG graphics spec is inexcusable. Should have had an 8 pin connector at least.

If i recall that power draw issue was being looked into and wasnt recreated in thier own internal testing yet? The cooler for ref is not that great but given the price i am not surpirsed. Is it fair to compare the cooler to a previous gpu launch from many generations ago when the node process was much less costly to make? The AIBs may end up with an 8 pin or more. I think AMD's biggest mistake this launch is using reference as the launch card. Would be nice if they had done it like they did with 390x and had AIB's for reviews and launch and sell just a few reference in the mix.
post #200 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagget3450 View Post

If i recall that power draw issue was being looked into and wasnt recreated in thier own internal testing yet? The cooler for ref is not that great but given the price i am not surpirsed. Is it fair to compare the cooler to a previous gpu launch from many generations ago when the node process was much less costly to make? The AIBs may end up with an 8 pin or more. I think AMD's biggest mistake this launch is using reference as the launch card. Would be nice if they had done it like they did with 390x and had AIB's for reviews and launch and sell just a few reference in the mix.

Its pretty fair as the R9 290/X cooler was quite loud.

The power draw issues have been verified by multiple sources with retail cards at this point. The XFX overclocked card is pulling ~140w for just the GPU ASIC itself (with a whopping 22mhz OC), as shown with the on board power monitoring hardware. The memory and VRM eat a good 30-40w at least, putting the total draw up to 170-140w.

The HSF should have been at least a single heatpipe unit with fins going all of the way to the bracket or, ideally a vapor chamber unit with more fins per inch.

Im wondering how badly the card is hurting margin wise for them to have cheaped out this bad on a crucial product launch.
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Polaris RX 480 / RX 470 / RX 460 Discussion Thread