Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Polaris RX 480 / RX 470 / RX 460 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Polaris RX 480 / RX 470 / RX 460 Discussion Thread - Page 29  

post #281 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

More ram? you wont need more ram if you cant turn the settings to ultra/run high resolutions because the card is not powerfull enough. This is 1080p card and in this resolution you wont pass 4GB... rolleyes.gif mark.

If they are still selling 970 for 2-5 weeks, thats fine. I dont see a reason not to buy it if its for the same price, NEW.
970 new is even cheaper than this 8GB 480...
MSI 970 - 210£ https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-geforce-gtx-970-oc-reference-fan-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-279-ms.html
Powercolor 480 8GB - 219£ https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-187-pc.html
I just lol....Both new cards.
Or you can have this asus strix for 229£ with 20£ cashback so 209£ -https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-geforce-gtx-970-directcu-ii-oc-strix-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-20-pounds-cashback-gx-352-as.html
Well as I mentioned above, the main important thing is ...the PRICE NOW. Now 970 costs the same(even cheaper) as 480....and im talking about a NEW card. See above.
..and 4GB for 1080p is nto an issue at all.

Also....power consumption of RX480 is the same as GTX 1080 while GTX 1080 delivers +100% more performance...LOL LOL LOL. This 480 is super power efficient ? Wake up and look at 1080/1070.


Cmon fanboys, stop being defensive. This card is not what they promised us...

Your resolution/settings/vram usage knowledge is flawed.

Ultra textures does not kill performance, but eats vram, I know this because I use a 3GB 7900 series cards and do custom settings and am always able to utilise my vram for better graphics regardless of core power.

Vram will pass 3.5GB at 1080p over the next couple of years. You're better off with the 4GB of fast ram on the lowest cost 480, than the 3.5GB 970. It's a very simple, and well known fact.

Sure euro prices, Europe gets robbed for AMD cards, and has cheap Nvidia cards, we get that.

480 is on par in DX11, and superior for DX12.

970 uses just as much power as the 480.

There's no reason to buy a 970 unless you get it significantly cheaper, and you're happy with it's downfalls.

The 1070 and 1080 have zero relevance to someone looking at this price range and nobody said the 480 was super efficient.
Edited by Waitng4realGPU - 7/1/16 at 12:13am
post #282 of 991
^wrong quote. tongue.gif
post #283 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohiuddin View Post

^wrong quote. tongue.gif

LOL smile.gif

Fixed
post #284 of 991


The chinese now selling Back plate !
CSC Skylake Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 GA Z170M-D3H RX 480 Kingston Hyper X Fury  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
PNY 1131 Windows 10 BenQ GW2470  Corsair GS650 
Case
Corsair Air240 
  hide details  
CSC Skylake Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 GA Z170M-D3H RX 480 Kingston Hyper X Fury  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
PNY 1131 Windows 10 BenQ GW2470  Corsair GS650 
Case
Corsair Air240 
  hide details  
post #285 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

yeah it was overheating. They should have learned from that and make a better cooler but they have chosen to fail again.
All these "missing stuff" is marketing crap... Nothing else. 90% of ppl wont even know whats that for .. rolleyes.gif

More ram? you wont need more ram if you cant turn the settings to ultra/run high resolutions because the card is not powerfull enough. This is 1080p card and in this resolution you wont pass 4GB... rolleyes.gif mark.

If they are still selling 970 for 2-5 weeks, thats fine. I dont see a reason not to buy it if its for the same price, NEW.
970 new is even cheaper than this 8GB 480...
MSI 970 - 210£ https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-geforce-gtx-970-oc-reference-fan-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-279-ms.html
Powercolor 480 8GB - 219£ https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-187-pc.html
I just lol....Both new cards.
Or you can have this asus strix for 229£ with 20£ cashback so 209£ -https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-geforce-gtx-970-directcu-ii-oc-strix-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-20-pounds-cashback-gx-352-as.html
Well as I mentioned above, the main important thing is ...the PRICE NOW. Now 970 costs the same(even cheaper) as 480....and im talking about a NEW card. See above.
..and 4GB for 1080p is nto an issue at all.

Also....power consumption of RX480 is the same as GTX 1080 while GTX 1080 delivers +100% more performance...LOL LOL LOL. This 480 is super power efficient ? Wake up and look at 1080/1070.


Cmon fanboys, stop being defensive. This card is not what they promised us...

The whole problem with your argument is 28nm. I don't care if you think AMD is a steaming pile of donkey dung and everything NV makes is the golden egg from the goose's caboose.
The fact is 28nm has been around for far too long and new process technology is finally here and more than likely will stagnate just as 28nm did. And you're here trying to sell people on 28nm last gen cards? What is wrong with you?
Can't afford your preferred brand then save up the money until you can, or wait until they release their mainstream segment card at the price point you find acceptable.
No one should be advocating for any card from 28nm generation now. These companies have both made their money off of this process node. Let it die already.
That last paragraph in your post is quite ironic. Everyone with half a brain can see you would never buy a red card. We get it. But cmon now, let these companies write off leftover inventory, that goes for retailers too. All you are suggesting is that it's ok to be on 14/16nm for the next 5 years, we'll throw our money at you anyway.
Why do Fanboys care so much what company other people spend their hard earned money with?
post #286 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by comagnum View Post

Neither of these were run with my newest settings. I haven't ran ultra or extreme yet, currently downloading gtav and bf4 so I can do some in game benchmarking. The better scores were ran at 1350/2050 with 50% power level. Not sure why it says they were default. Must be a 3dmark issue.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/9047410/fs/9054623 - ultra

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/9053170/fs/9047326 - extreme

would you run FS with these settings please : rolleyes.gif (basically without tesselation)



i suspect without tesselation its going to be much slower than last gen cards
my r9 290 @1150-1650(1250timings) scores 15200
post #287 of 991
@comagnum, All I have to say is, wow, you're right, this thing undervolts like a champ. I'm down to 1025 on my top voltage and Firestrike is still going strong.

Edit: Just as I said that it crashed at 1000 XD

Edit 2: Yep, 1025 was my lowest for stock core clock, not the memory, that's 2150 @950. Peak temp of 60c with a moderate fan speed (2750rpm, it can go up to 5000, little noise @2000s).
Edited by BulletBait - 7/1/16 at 8:00am
Post-Fire Primary
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Crosshair V Formula (-Z) Diamond R9 290x Diamond R9 290x 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Sapphire R9 280x Radeon Gamer Series Toshiba HDD Seagate HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston Hyper-X SSD EKWB AMD Waterblock EKWB R9 290x Waterblock EKWB R9 290x Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EKWB Pump/Res EKWB 480mm PE Radiator Watercool Heatkiller MB Set Microsoft Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 1200W Thermaltake Core P5 Razer Ouroboros 
  hide details  
Post-Fire Primary
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Crosshair V Formula (-Z) Diamond R9 290x Diamond R9 290x 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Sapphire R9 280x Radeon Gamer Series Toshiba HDD Seagate HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston Hyper-X SSD EKWB AMD Waterblock EKWB R9 290x Waterblock EKWB R9 290x Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EKWB Pump/Res EKWB 480mm PE Radiator Watercool Heatkiller MB Set Microsoft Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 1200W Thermaltake Core P5 Razer Ouroboros 
  hide details  
post #288 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletBait View Post

@comagnum, All I have to say is, wow, you're right, this thing undervolts like a champ. I'm down to 1025 on my top voltage and Firestrike is still going strong.

Edit: Just as I said that it crashed at 1000 XD

Edit 2: Yep, 1025 was my lowest for stock core clock, not the memory, that's 2150 @950. Peak temp of 60c with a moderate fan speed (2750rpm, it can go up to 5000, little noise @2000s).

how much is FS graphics score?
post #289 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliNT77 View Post

how much is FS graphics score?

Seems to float around 12680, +/- 20 test to test.
Post-Fire Primary
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Crosshair V Formula (-Z) Diamond R9 290x Diamond R9 290x 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Sapphire R9 280x Radeon Gamer Series Toshiba HDD Seagate HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston Hyper-X SSD EKWB AMD Waterblock EKWB R9 290x Waterblock EKWB R9 290x Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EKWB Pump/Res EKWB 480mm PE Radiator Watercool Heatkiller MB Set Microsoft Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 1200W Thermaltake Core P5 Razer Ouroboros 
  hide details  
Post-Fire Primary
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Crosshair V Formula (-Z) Diamond R9 290x Diamond R9 290x 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Sapphire R9 280x Radeon Gamer Series Toshiba HDD Seagate HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston Hyper-X SSD EKWB AMD Waterblock EKWB R9 290x Waterblock EKWB R9 290x Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EKWB Pump/Res EKWB 480mm PE Radiator Watercool Heatkiller MB Set Microsoft Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 1200W Thermaltake Core P5 Razer Ouroboros 
  hide details  
post #290 of 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletBait View Post

Seems to float around 12680, +/- 20 test to test.

bro, what is the purpose of undervolt??? I don't understand
CSC Skylake Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 GA Z170M-D3H RX 480 Kingston Hyper X Fury  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
PNY 1131 Windows 10 BenQ GW2470  Corsair GS650 
Case
Corsair Air240 
  hide details  
CSC Skylake Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 GA Z170M-D3H RX 480 Kingston Hyper X Fury  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
PNY 1131 Windows 10 BenQ GW2470  Corsair GS650 
Case
Corsair Air240 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Polaris RX 480 / RX 470 / RX 460 Discussion Thread