Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Skadoodle and Semphis: Logi new mouse
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skadoodle and Semphis: Logi new mouse - Page 104  

post #1031 of 1323
Wingman was marketed as a gaming mouse in 1999. MX300 came out in 2002.
post #1032 of 1323
Was the mx300 marketed as a gaming mouse though?
post #1033 of 1323
idk
post #1034 of 1323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeflow View Post

Was the mx300 marketed as a gaming mouse though?

Actually I guess not, but the g1 and g3 definitely were and those were released in 2005 apparently so my point is still pretty much the same. I thought the mx300 was marketed as a gaming mouse, but I guess that didn't start until the g1, g3, mx518, etc in 2005.
post #1035 of 1323
Yeah I had multiple 300's, the g1 and newer versions just never felt the same to me. I've been looking for a replacement ever since to be honest.
post #1036 of 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeflow View Post

Yeah I had multiple 300's, the g1 and newer versions just never felt the same to me. I've been looking for a replacement ever since to be honest.

whats different about the mx300 that you prefer?
post #1037 of 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

I wonder how many hours a day Reddit users play GO.

When I used to play CS a lot, I would put in at least 1000 hours a year.

They're noobs to be honest and the discussions on there are mind boggling stupid, but it's a good place to see patch notes and team scores. Competitive players hate Reddit csgo sub

Anyway I've changed my stance and I'll give this mouse a whirl

Although I think my actual need is a mouse that makes full palm contact and keeps my hand elevated from the mousepad. I think that is by far the most accurate anyone can be in my opinion
post #1038 of 1323
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

They're noobs to be honest and the discussions on there are mind boggling stupid, but it's a good place to see patch notes and team scores. Competitive players hate Reddit csgo sub

Anyway I've changed my stance and I'll give this mouse a whirl

Although I think my actual need is a mouse that makes full palm contact and keeps my hand elevated from the mousepad. I think that is by far the most accurate anyone can be in my opinion

I really don't think you can say one grip style is actually better than another. I personally do not understand how anyone can aim competently at all with palm grip, but plenty of people do it. For me it just feels phenomenally clumsy. If my thumb and pink/ring finger are not directly on either side of the sensor I just completely lose track of how my movements will effect the cursor/view angle. Since I put my thumb on one side of the sensor and my pink and ring finger directly next to each other on the other side normally to me it feels like I'm just moving the cursor/view angle between my fingers almost as if I'm hold the sensor between them like a pencil even though those aren't the fingers you use for a pencil. If I palm a mouse and have my pink and ring finger extending forward like most people do in a palm grip I have no clue what part of my hand is moving the sensor and everything feels extremely floaty and disconnected from my actual movements. Plenty of people manage to aim well with palm grips like that though, I will never understand how I don't think. To me its like the difference between using an exacto knife with your fingers and a machete or something with your whole hand around the handle.
post #1039 of 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shells View Post

whats different about the mx300 that you prefer?

The sensor just felt better in my opinion, and I preferred 400dpi vs 800.
post #1040 of 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1spe View Post

I really don't think you can say one grip style is actually better than another. I personally do not understand how anyone can aim competently at all with palm grip, but plenty of people do it. For me it just feels phenomenally clumsy. If my thumb and pink/ring finger are not directly on either side of the sensor I just completely lose track of how my movements will effect the cursor/view angle. Since I put my thumb on one side of the sensor and my pink and ring finger directly next to each other on the other side normally to me it feels like I'm just moving the cursor/view angle between my fingers almost as if I'm hold the sensor between them like a pencil even though those aren't the fingers you use for a pencil. If I palm a mouse and have my pink and ring finger extending forward like most people do in a palm grip I have no clue what part of my hand is moving the sensor and everything feels extremely floaty and disconnected from my actual movements. Plenty of people manage to aim well with palm grips like that though, I will never understand how I don't think. To me its like the difference between using an exacto knife with your fingers and a machete or something with your whole hand around the handle.

It's doesn't have to be a palm grip, your palm just needs to make contact with the mouse - you can arch your fingers claw style if you wanted to; I'm just saying if the mouse is wide/tall enough for your hand to be elevated it just seems to be way more accurate style of aiming, I've tried and tried again and tracking fast moving targets is always superior when you can just quickly and in full control move your mouse - if you don't have that palm support you will reach a 'end zone' where you either need to lift your mouse and move it or cannot make a tiny correction cause it feels 'awkward' - this is probably more of a lower sensitivity problem but with the palm contact you can make those tiny adjustments better - anyway overall I really think I just need to grab a 3360/6 mouse that I enjoy and use it for a year straight or more.. I keep changing peripherals and it's working against me for sure. I want to say I'm waiting for a zowie 3360 but their clicks and scroll wheel are just way too inferior to the competition for me.. I love those fast responsive clicks you can really feel them in-game
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Skadoodle and Semphis: Logi new mouse