Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [VC] First RX 480 benchmarks hit the web
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[VC] First RX 480 benchmarks hit the web - Page 33

post #321 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLeakStuff View Post

Yup. Nvidia knows AMD new cards wont come near so they charge whatever people are willing t pay for the fastest cards.
AMD know their cards doesnt perform even remotely close to GTX 1070 so they have to charge max $250

AMD should have gone for Vega out first to get sales in the high end section and to keep up as the fastest alternatives instead of dropping out of the high end segment like they did with CPUs.

There is absolutely nothing interesting about a GTX 970 tier card. Nothing. We had that for several years now

If they are looking for market share, which they are, it is the way to go. I don't know how many times this has been said.
post #322 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

iLeakStuff you gotta let it go, man

be more like me redface.gif
those 0.5 make no difference to 970 performance

none at all
Try fc4 or watchdog or som with mixed high + ultra textures on 2k. you will get 45-55fps but alot of stuttering. thanks to that slower .5gb partition.

Former 970 user here.
post #323 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

those 0.5 make no difference to 970 performance
none at all

Do you have a 970 to back it up with real info? I have one, and in some games it's very noticeable. If you say "in a lot of games it makes no difference" ok, but "makes no difference, none at all" sounds like you have never used one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

Try fc4 or watchdog or som with mixed high + ultra textures on 2k. you will get 45-55fps but alot of stuttering. thanks to that slower .5gb partition.

Former 970 user here.

Those aren't the only games with problems. The 3.5G issue is the reason I put the 970 at girlfriend's rig instead of mine.
post #324 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahll View Post

Those aren't the only games with problems. The 3.5G issue is the reason I put the 970 at girlfriend's rig instead of mine.
well those were the games i had stuttering issues with. that was almost 16 months ago.
post #325 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

well those were the games i had stuttering issues with. that was almost 16 months ago.

Most popular card according to steam isn't it?

And people still defend it even after the lies and performance problems kookoo.gif

There was even some person saying they may as well buy a 970 instead of a 480 lol.
post #326 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahll View Post

The 3.5G issue is the reason I put the 970 at girlfriend's rig instead of mine.

And the reason I am not buying Nvidia for awhile.
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
post #327 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post

And the reason I am not buying Nvidia for awhile.

I bought it because it was like 15% cheaper than 290 at that moment, upgrading from a 7850 tongue.gif

Regards.
post #328 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitng4realGPU View Post

Most popular card according to steam isn't it?

And people still defend it even after the lies and performance problems kookoo.gif

There was even some person saying they may as well buy a 970 instead of a 480 lol.
It's a human nature to never admit their wrongs. and gpus are highly personal thing for some people i guess. that's why they throw objectivity out of window and defend it to death. i'm not that kind of guy so i'll say what i see. amd//intel/nvidia doesn't matter. wink.gif
post #329 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitng4realGPU View Post

Most popular card according to steam isn't it?

And people still defend it even after the lies and performance problems kookoo.gif

There was even some person saying they may as well buy a 970 instead of a 480 lol.

What performance problems?

Did it perform better than the 980, and was it market to run better than the 980? No.
Did it perform under the 960, and was it market to run at above 1440p? No.
Performance wise, it was exactly where it was supposed to run.

If someone expected to run it at 4K/60fps at max settings on every game, well, there is a shocker, performance issues...
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #330 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts4 View Post

So instead of the 970 vs 480 battle im really curious about average OC results and why are all the cards we've seen have tge stock cooler. Since when have we seen only stock cooler cards being released. Are any of tgese cards even different or only the boxes?

A german website PCGamesHardware said their card could not go above 1400MHz. That was the limit.
Stock is 1266MHz for reference and 1320 max we have seen so far with AIB. Not sure what card PCGH have tested

PCGH-RX-480.png
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [VC] First RX 480 benchmarks hit the web