Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD RX 480 Review Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD RX 480 Review Thread - Page 137

post #1361 of 3674
. Oops
post #1362 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotagonist View Post

Overclocker's dream is less of lie than this slide turned out to be:



It's explicitly stated that the RX 480 vs the R9 270X is the basis for their claim of Polaris 10's 2.8X performance per watt. Instead, we got 1.42X.

"Overclocker's dream" is a lie, but vague enough that you can't really call it out.
Nope it's 470 vs 270X and not 480 vs. 270X. Read carefully. redface.gif
post #1363 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotagonist View Post

I recommend a 970 against it at the same price, at this moment. Absolutely.

Maybe this review has an agenda, but in their suite, it's OC'ed 390X vs OC'ed 970, and there is not a single win for 390X at 1080p or 1440p. None of us can deny that the 970 is one powerful card.

Yet techpowerup's performance summary shows the 480 at 100%, 970 at 95%. - 480 wins.

Performance per watt - 480 wins.

Performance per dollar - 480 wins.

Not to mention 8GB vs 3.5GB vram.

Sigh
post #1364 of 3674
GPU-Z from 480/H100 guy

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 (3.8@1.32v) ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming 4K GTX 980 SC (1482/2000) 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB) Seagate Barracuda (2TB) CM MasterLiquid 120 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VE258Q Corsair Strafe RGB EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Alienware Predator (2004) 
MouseAudioOther
Corsair Scimitar RGB Hyper X Cloud II XBox One Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 (3.8@1.32v) ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming 4K GTX 980 SC (1482/2000) 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB) Seagate Barracuda (2TB) CM MasterLiquid 120 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VE258Q Corsair Strafe RGB EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Alienware Predator (2004) 
MouseAudioOther
Corsair Scimitar RGB Hyper X Cloud II XBox One Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1365 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotagonist View Post

Overclocker's dream is less of lie than this slide turned out to be:



It's explicitly stated that the RX 480 vs the R9 270X is the basis for their claim of Polaris 10's 2.8X performance per watt. Instead, we got 1.42X.

"Overclocker's dream" is a lie, but vague enough that you can't really call it out.

RX 470 vs RX 270X

Since RX 470 isn't released we can't verify. But that paragraph gives very good detail about how they calculated those perf/watt improvements, so when RX 470 does get released, those interested enough could verify or disprove those numbers for themselves.
Edited by magnek - 6/30/16 at 12:35am
post #1366 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

RX 470 vs RX 270X

lol uh oh another argument crushed.
post #1367 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post

lachen.gif

So lets put a heavily overclocked aftermarket 970 against the others in BF3 and call it a win.. rolleyes.gif

That 970 is beating a 980 too if you didn't notice.. They're all easily over 100 fps anyway so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.. The 970 is going to get demolished in newer titles, DX12 ones in particular.

Keep recommending a 970, i just feel sorry for whoever believes you.
I also posted a link to a great deal of other benchmarks.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_r9_390x/

I have made no mention of recommending a 970 at its current price point. My point is that an overclocked 970 beats an overclocked RX 480. If you have something to dispute that, I suggest you post it.

My problem is that it seems the crux of your argument is 'wait'. Wait for games where the 970 gets beaten; they're coming, believe me. What kind of argument is that? It's worthless. The 970 has the performance and the efficiency right now, and in every game released up until this point.
post #1368 of 3674
I would stop anyone who even thinks about getting 970 over Rx480, seriously lol.
My home PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Threadripper 1950x Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7  MSI Geforce GTX 1080ti Gaming X G.Skill DDR4 3600 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 500GB Samsung 960 Pro 500GB Noctua NH-U14S TR4 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Samsung 55" 4k Corsair K70  EVGA SuperNova G2 1300W 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G502 Denon AVR-X3300W 
  hide details  
Reply
My home PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Threadripper 1950x Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7  MSI Geforce GTX 1080ti Gaming X G.Skill DDR4 3600 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 840 500GB Samsung 960 Pro 500GB Noctua NH-U14S TR4 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Samsung 55" 4k Corsair K70  EVGA SuperNova G2 1300W 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G502 Denon AVR-X3300W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1369 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

So would you also recommend a 980 Ti against the 1070 if both were at the same price then?

@Pyrotagonist Still waiting on an answer to this question.
post #1370 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loladinas View Post

It's an AMD problem because that makes their card less attractive in regards to p/p. How is that a difficult concept to grasp? It being priced $199 in US has absolutely no effect to anyone buying it outside of US.
you do realise that not a single company can dictate vat shipping prices and whatever else right? if on nz you see a 500 tag its not amd problem they CANT lower the price because a country is going full retard
same goes for my country almost every retailer has it on 350 (cartel) yet no one bats an eye..
and yet overclockers already reported that more than 1000+ cards already are sold through them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD RX 480 Review Thread