Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD RX 480 Review Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD RX 480 Review Thread - Page 144

post #1431 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfail9001 View Post

Didn't everyone write off Kyle as a liar after his claims about P10 and P10 supplies smile.gif? Also, Kyle did mention that it's a question of silicon lottery, rather than something "on the architecture".

Yeah so between 1480-1600mhz depending silicon lottery.

So we can assume 1480 low 1600mhz high?

probably with a tonne of voltage but that's not the debate right now, it's raw performance.
post #1432 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfail9001 View Post

Didn't everyone write off Kyle as a liar after his claims about P10 and P10 supplies smile.gif? Also, Kyle did mention that it's a question of silicon lottery, rather than something "on the architecture".
where did someone said it had shortages? overclockers literally said they sold pretty much every card they had more than 1000+ yesterday...
post #1433 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotagonist View Post

The link you showed me demonstrated a 480 losing the half the time.

You're still arguing based on things that don't exist. Do you have any others? Do you have proof that this card destroys the 970?

So you chose to ignore the OC results? Why?

I'll say it all again, not sure why I have to.............

It wins 4 out of 5 games OC'd in that German review. 1350mhz vs 1380mhz 970

here it is AGAIN.....................

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Radeon-Grafikkarte-255597/Specials/RX-480-Test-1199839/2/

SCROLL DOWN FOR OC RESULTS, PICK EACH GAME TO SEE RESULTS. USE MOUSE TO DO SO>

And I never said it destroys a 970, don't put words in my mouth lol it's immature. (There is one game where it destroys but that is in Hitman so meh)

The ONLY game the 970 WINS is FALLOUT 4.
Edited by Waitng4realGPU - 6/30/16 at 1:29am
post #1434 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottis View Post

nice try to downplay the issue, but what you show is just an issue with one Asus model, not nvidia design issue. here is same gtx 960 just from gainward and no excessive power spikes



with RX480 it's a REFERENCE AMD design, so their entire design is messed up.


960 had no reference card btw, but all AIB designs still have to be approved by nVidia. So yes, nVidia gave the greenlight on Asus's design.
Quote:
Some parameters of the Green Light program are that vendors have to send in their board designs for approval from Nvidia to meet Nvidia's noise, power, voltage and heat figures. If those figures are not met, Nvidia does not approve the card. If a company does not follow the Green Light program, they risk losing their GPU warranty and BIOS support. More importantly, they could possibly risk their allocation according to some AIBs.

So how did this one slip through the crack I wonder...
Edited by magnek - 6/30/16 at 1:35am
post #1435 of 3674

can someone tell me how a card on 2015 draws 166watts and a year later it draws 129 watt?
post #1436 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfathaaaaa View Post

can someone tell me how a card on 2015 draws 166watts and a year later it draws 129 watt?

One was overclocked from the factory? Custom PCB? 8 pin power instead of reference 6 pin?(SSC)
Edited by Derp - 6/30/16 at 1:38am
post #1437 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitng4realGPU View Post

So you chose to ignore the OC results? Why?

I'll say it all again, not sure why I have to.............

It wins 4 out of 5 games OC'd in that German review. 1350mhz vs 1380mhz 970

here it is AGAIN.....................

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Radeon-Grafikkarte-255597/Specials/RX-480-Test-1199839/2/

SCROLL DOWN FOR OC RESULTS, PICK EACH GAME TO SEE RESULTS. USE MOUSE TO DO SO>

And I never said it destroys a 970, don't put words in my mouth lol it's immature. (There is one game where it destroys but that is in Hitman so meh)
So it did. And it won 3/8 games AT reviewed stock vs stock. Including Hitman and AotS. 5% gains from TPU, 6.4% advantage at stock.

I apologize for not reading more carefully. Obviously I'm being hurt by confirmation bias. You can have the win.
post #1438 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

960 had no reference card btw.

Wat?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/68697-nvidia-gtx-960-reference-review.html
post #1439 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfathaaaaa View Post


can someone tell me how a card on 2015 draws 166watts and a year later it draws 129 watt?
Anti-furmark driver update most likely.



The results are identical in games. Nothing to see here.
post #1440 of 3674

I stand corrected. Doesn't really change what I said in my post though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD RX 480 Review Thread