Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD RX 480 Review Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD RX 480 Review Thread - Page 311

post #3101 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

I assume you don't play DOTA as nearly no one is actually using Vulkan on DOTA 2. The performance is absolutely terrible compared to DX11.

With no one you mean AMD users?

Atrocious? So it is atrocious when it benefits AMD but not so much Nvidia I see.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

I'm going to also assume you don't play BattleField 4

Amusing, I'll quote your own words for this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

You really need to stop assuming things.

I was top #50 in the skill bracket in BF4 with over a thousand hours played on Mantle, even with the latest drivers. The only problem with mantle happen with cards with less than 2GB of VRAM, even at low settings because of an increased VRAM usage compared to DX11, when playing with maxed out settings on 4GB cards the API works much better than DX11 with my 290.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

yeah Dota 2 Vulkan is mostly an experiment, to show - here we have Vulkan

game still runs best on its primary API


Doom on GCN is the first (and so far only) real relevant implementation of Vulkan thumb.gif

Why is it an experiment, because AMD gains more performance than Nvidia? thumb.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

game still runs best on its primary API

Here let me correc that for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

game still runs best on its primary API.... For Nvidia.

Now that's more like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

Doom is the first (and so far only) real relevant implementation of Vulkan thumb.gif

HA!! Dota have exponentially more players than Doom will ever have, making it exponential a more relevant game, but DOTA's Vulkan implementation doesn't count because it only benefits AMD. thumb.gif

Although I agree that Doom is exponentially more polished with Vulkan.
Edited by Dargonplay - 7/23/16 at 11:41am
post #3102 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

With no one you mean AMD users?

Atrocious? So it is atrocious when it benefits AMD but not so much Nvidia I see.


Amusing, I'll quote your own words for this one.
I was top #50 in the skill bracket in BF4 with over a thousand hours played on Mantle, even with the latest drivers. The only problem with mantle happen with cards with less than 2GB of VRAM, even at low settings because of an increased VRAM usage compared to DX11, when playing with maxed out settings on 4GB cards the API works much better than DX11 with my 290.
Why is it an experiment, because it doesn't run as good on Nvidia as it does on AMD? thumb.gif


Here let me correc that for you!
Now that's more like it.
HA!! Dota have exponentially more players than Doom will ever have, making it exponential a more relevant game, but DOTA's Vulkan implementation doesn't count because it only benefits AMD. thumb.gif

Although I agree that Doom is exponentially more polished with Vulkan.

Again, go actually play DOTA2 on Vulkan. The performance is awful compared to DX11. UI issues is another big thing.

Please load up BattleField on the latest drivers as it doesn't work on ANY of my AMD cards, nor does it work for anyone I know. 7970 / Fury

EDIT:

https://community.amd.com/message/2723595

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064805431320977/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064805445762210/


Edited by dmasteR - 7/23/16 at 11:32am
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3103 of 3674
good information regarding 480 vs 1060
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3104 of 3674
Mantle crashes on BF4 after a bit then has issues if you continue to use it. Used to work well though. Anyone saying it still works is an outlier. That is not even up for debate.
post #3105 of 3674
just use 15.12 dlls for battlefield 4 and it will be fine
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3106 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

Again, go actually play DOTA2 on Vulkan. The performance is awful compared to DX11.

Should I take your word above real benchmarks?



because it looks to me that Vulkan DOTA runs great on AMD.
Edited by Dargonplay - 7/23/16 at 12:13pm
post #3107 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Should I take your word above real benchmarks?

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2473990

be wise it looks to me that Vulkan runs great on AMD.

Don't need to take my word for it, that's why I continually tell you to actually try it yourself. Again, runs poorly on my 7970 and Fury card.

How are you running BF4 on the latest drivers using Mantle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

Mantle crashes on BF4 after a bit then has issues if you continue to use it. Used to work well though. Anyone saying it still works is an outlier. That is not even up for debate.

Mantle never worked all that great on my Fury. Worked good on my 7970 however, and I've heard nothing but great experience for those who own 290/290x prior of the Driver breaking Mantle.
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3108 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

Don't need to take my word for it, that's why I continually tell you to actually try it yourself. Again, runs poorly on my 7970 and Fury card.

How are you running BF4 on the latest drivers using Mantle?

I haven't played BF4 months before Overwatch launch, so I believe that's a legitimate issue, although I won't download Dota to test an API because I trust Computerbase enough to say you're wrong about Vulkan running worse than DX11 for AMD cards.
post #3109 of 3674
dota is not working perfectly fine with vulkan this test is 2 months old
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
FX
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320@4.4Ghz M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD Radeon R9 290X Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 840 Raijintek Ereboss iiyama X4071UHSU (4K) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3110 of 3674
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneB1t View Post

dota is not working perfectly fine with vulkan this test is 2 months old

Exactly, I know i'm not the only AMD GPU owner who has had issues for a long time with Vulkan.

In fact you can even go to GitHub and look at all the issues with Vulkan on DOTA2 It's all public! thumb.gif
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD RX 480 Review Thread