Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Alienware Alpha R2 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alienware Alpha R2 Owners Club - Page 8

post #71 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnusson2004 View Post

Which drivers are you using?

368.81



That's what it looked like when it happened.
post #72 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATWTech View Post

368.81

[IMG
ALT=""]http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2829760/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]


That's what it looked like when it happened.


Hmm ok just me thinking...roll back to AW custom drivers 359.46...they are made for the R2. I also updated to the newest, did not have issues like yours. But give it a try
post #73 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnusson2004 View Post

Hmm ok just me thinking...roll back to AW custom drivers 359.46...they are made for the R2. I also updated to the newest, did not have issues like yours. But give it a try

That could be it. I manually installed them because it wasn't showing up on GeForce Experience which makes sense since it's for the 1070/1080 exclusive Ansel.

I'll be doing a factory reset just to start fresh. Can anybody test Shadow of Mordor/Black Ops 3 to see if yours shuts down? You don't have too, just trying to see if it's only my system.
post #74 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATWTech View Post

That could be it. I manually installed them because it wasn't showing up on GeForce Experience which makes sense since it's for the 1070/1080 exclusive Ansel.

I'll be doing a factory reset just to start fresh. Can anybody test Shadow of Mordor/Black Ops 3 to see if yours shuts down? You don't have too, just trying to see if it's only my system.

I would love to, but 2 games I don't have sadly. Maybe some of the others have them?
post #75 of 256
Just finished resetting it completely and installing everything. Will give this another go and see how it performs.
post #76 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATWTech View Post

Just finished resetting it completely and installing everything. Will give this another go and see how it performs.

Good luck...let us know how it goes?
post #77 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATWTech View Post

Just finished resetting it completely and installing everything. Will give this another go and see how it performs.

Are you using Hivemind? I installed the beta 2 version ...not working to my liking yet. But it is a great interface
post #78 of 256
Sorry to hear of the system shutdown problems :-(
Ive not had any problems myself, only played Elite Dangerous and COD: AW so far on mine though! Ive done the 3D Mark stress test while overclocked and no issues so far.
If it makes any difference, i put in a new HDD and did a complete fresh install of a retail Windows 10,and just installed geforce experience with the latest drivers, so no Alienware or Dell drivers or stuff on my system at all!

I do have shadow of mordor actually! How long do i have to play it to see and symptoms?
post #79 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonablehippo View Post

Sorry to hear of the system shutdown problems :-(
Ive not had any problems myself, only played Elite Dangerous and COD: AW so far on mine though! Ive done the 3D Mark stress test while overclocked and no issues so far.
If it makes any difference, i put in a new HDD and did a complete fresh install of a retail Windows 10,and just installed geforce experience with the latest drivers, so no Alienware or Dell drivers or stuff on my system at all!

I do have shadow of mordor actually! How long do i have to play it to see and symptoms?

While overclocked it was about 10min, non overclocked about 15. I did 1080p ultra. I don't remember it being that demanding though.

Yeah even after a complete wipe using the on board reset feature it kept the Alienware stuff.
post #80 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonablehippo View Post

Sorry to hear of the system shutdown problems :-(
Ive not had any problems myself, only played Elite Dangerous and COD: AW so far on mine though! Ive done the 3D Mark stress test while overclocked and no issues so far.
If it makes any difference, i put in a new HDD and did a complete fresh install of a retail Windows 10,and just installed geforce experience with the latest drivers, so no Alienware or Dell drivers or stuff on my system at all!

I do have shadow of mordor actually! How long do i have to play it to see and symptoms?

Shadow of Mordor is like 40GB so you don't have to if you have a Internet limit/etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Alienware Alpha R2 Owners Club