Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) - Page 116

post #1151 of 3344
I'm gonna try after work, the worst that can happen is using the second bios on the card.
post #1152 of 3344
Oh well nothing, will work OK - Just control the temps 1330 Mhz don't need to much voltage.-
post #1153 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by GecKoTDF View Post

I try that that metod trust me, it's a pain in the ass - Wattman do a mess sometimes just reset the values just because he wants and you have problems all the time - I recommend use Asus GPU Tweak II you can rise to 1.40v with a unlocked and signed bios - I can't believe how software like MSI or TRIXX are not able to put more than 100mV.-
Wattman is somewhat messy and since afterburner is using a voltage offset based off it somewhat, that is a little annoying because if wattman resets and your default voltage as set by the EVV is lower than 1175 you get lower voltage as a result in afterburner. Asus GPU Tweak II does not go over 1175 on the MSI Gaming X, it looks locked out to that. He also cannot flash the unlocked bios because he has a Gaming X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleP View Post

Can someone make me a bios for a gaming x rx480 4gb by msi, I want the ability to have unlocked voltages so I can get into 1400mhz and 2000 on mem since on the wattman limit its stable like that during benchmarks but crashes during games and its running pretty cool so I know the problem is not enough voltage thanks

Gecko is right that wattman is kind of a mess but afterburner locks out at about 1250mv, if your EVV(Electronic Variable Voltage - the default voltage based on asic leakage) on the card was low enough though you could use sapphire trixx as an option as that does the 200mv+ but its not based on the mess that is wattman but the default EVV values instead. For my Gaming X afterburner will give me about a max of 1250mv -1260mv on the card with the final state set to 1175mv but trixx will add 200mv onto the EVV voltage I think. On my Gaming X adding 200mv on trixx will give 1318-1338mv which is too much voltage to me.

Untitled.png
Edited by KainXS - 1/12/17 at 2:58pm
Budgeted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K 4.6Ghz Biostar TP67 Extreme MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4Gb 16Gb G.Skill Sniper 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128Gb Sandisk SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda Lite on Windows 10 Random 1080P monitor 
PowerCase
EVGA 650 GQ Antec 300 Modded 
  hide details  
Reply
Budgeted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770K 4.6Ghz Biostar TP67 Extreme MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4Gb 16Gb G.Skill Sniper 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128Gb Sandisk SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda Lite on Windows 10 Random 1080P monitor 
PowerCase
EVGA 650 GQ Antec 300 Modded 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1154 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by KainXS View Post

Wattman is somewhat messy and since afterburner is using a voltage offset based off it somewhat, that is a little annoying because if wattman resets and your default voltage as set by the EVV is lower than 1175 you get lower voltage as a result in afterburner. Asus GPU Tweak II does not go over 1175 on the MSI Gaming X, it looks locked out to that. He also cannot flash the unlocked bios because he has a Gaming X.
Gecko is right that wattman is kind of a mess but afterburner locks out at about 1250mv, if your EVV(Electronic Variable Voltage - the default voltage based on asic leakage) on the card was low enough though you could use sapphire trixx as an option as that does the 200mv+ but its not based on the mess that is wattman but the default EVV values instead. For my Gaming X afterburner will give me about a max of 1250mv -1260mv on the card with the final state set to 1175mv but trixx will add 200mv onto the EVV voltage I think. On my Gaming X adding 200mv on trixx will give 1318-1338mv which is too much voltage to me.

Untitled.png

How you enable EVV voltage with Trixx?

---

Whats the problem with the Gaming X ? I have a reference card with a Gaming X bios!
Edited by GecKoTDF - 1/12/17 at 4:04pm
post #1155 of 3344
Hi,

whenever i change my bios (no matter what value - tried it several times with diffrent values) I get this error:



and am not able to open the AMD software anymore as well my GPU is no longer recognized in device manager...

I extracted the stock BIOS with the latest GPU-Z, edit it with PolarisBiosEditor 1.4, and programm it with atiflash 2.7.4 under Win10 x64.

If I flash the stock BIOS again, the same way, everything works fine after a restart and without doing anything frown.gif

GPU is an XFX GTR Black Edition with 8GB Samsung RAM

Thanks in advance
Edited by AnnihilationF90 - 1/13/17 at 7:07am
post #1156 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilationF90 View Post

Hi,

whenever i change my bios (no matter what value - tried it several times with diffrent values) I get this error:



and am not able to open the AMD software anymore as well my GPU is no longer recognized in device manager...

I extracted the stock BIOS with the latest GPU-Z, edit it with PolarisBiosEditor 1.4, and programm it with atiflash 2.7.4 under Win10 x64.

If I flash the stock BIOS again, the same way, everything works fine after a restart and without doing anything frown.gif

GPU is an XFX GTR Black Edition with 8GB Samsung RAM

Thanks in advance

When you edit a Bios it's Not signed, so its not official, you can patch the driver or, disable the driver signature from Windows 10 - Or flash with signed bios.-
post #1157 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by GecKoTDF View Post

When you edit a Bios it's Not signed, so its not official, you can patch the driver or, disable the driver signature from Windows 10 - Or flash with signed bios.-

Thanks a lot!!!

But ^^ how do i sign a bios?
post #1158 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilationF90 View Post

Thanks a lot!!!

But ^^ how do i sign a bios?

It's not possible that job made only by AMD - But if you download a bios dumped from a video card for example from TechPowerUp you can flash and will be signed.-
Another solution it's use the "RX 480 unlocked bios" that it's signed too and have very good overclock range - But if you really need a custom bios by your own, the most simple solution it's disable the driver signature of Windows 10, in practice you never install "unknown" drivers so... don't need that signature check, you can do it in a CMD or "Execute":

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
post #1159 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by GecKoTDF View Post

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

tried the above mentioned as admin... same result :/
post #1160 of 3344
There's a patch for the driver like a page or so back for custom BIOS
Toxic-DT
(19 items)
 
Toxic-Mini
(6 items)
 
Toxic-SV
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Sapphire Nitro + RX 470 Gskill Ares 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Mushkin Eco3 Kingdian  Corsair LE  Lite On 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig H5 Windows 10 pro Dell S2415h Azio MK Retro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G Series 650w Define R5  Logitech G500s Asus Xonar DSX 
AudioAudioAudio
Monoprice Retro Heaphones Monoprice Vocal Dynamic Mic Edifier r980t  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rk3288 Firefly  Mali t760 mp4 Ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOS
Internal EMMC Android 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon e5649 HP z400 FirePro v4800 12gb Gkill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Western Digital 320gb HP High Performance Cooler Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 
PowerCase
HP z400 HP z400 
  hide details  
Reply
Toxic-DT
(19 items)
 
Toxic-Mini
(6 items)
 
Toxic-SV
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Sapphire Nitro + RX 470 Gskill Ares 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Mushkin Eco3 Kingdian  Corsair LE  Lite On 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig H5 Windows 10 pro Dell S2415h Azio MK Retro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G Series 650w Define R5  Logitech G500s Asus Xonar DSX 
AudioAudioAudio
Monoprice Retro Heaphones Monoprice Vocal Dynamic Mic Edifier r980t  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Rk3288 Firefly  Mali t760 mp4 Ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOS
Internal EMMC Android 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon e5649 HP z400 FirePro v4800 12gb Gkill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Western Digital 320gb HP High Performance Cooler Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 
PowerCase
HP z400 HP z400 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx )