Originally Posted by chris89
I ran tests on Thermagon t6100 cooling everything except Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 on core...
Nothing special I am not seeing anywhere near what I saw on better thermal material.
I'm on one Xeon since with my 2nd Xeon riser I can't boot the system. So I bought "Contact Cleaner" to clean the memory slots/ riser pins and hopefully getting them both chiming on all cylinders soon.
To see beyond 15,800 gfx I need at least 2,100 total frames on Test 1 & over 2,600 total frames Test 2.
On Thermagon T6100 I am 10-20fps lower on the "High End" fps spikes in Test 1 & 2. Where on Thermeez I would near 100fps spikes in parts of Test 1 & 2.
On Thermagon T6100 I see barely 90fps "Spikes" on Test 1 & 2.
Basically the more Exotic the thermal material used, would see more "Freak" fps spikes in Test 1 & 2. Those "Freakish" FPS Spikes is what I count on for max scores.
That took a while but finally we are on the same page now. You are on 14800 graphic score range on preformance presets which is exactly where it should be. As i thought, 15800 graphic is a custome run result. Please stop telling to users that you are scoring around 15800 in Firestrik as it is misleading.
I was trying to reproduce your clocks on my card and run firestrike and my score is almost identical, i saw in your posts that your card is operating on 1407-1416 MHz, so i choose 1410 which is more or less in the middle. I saw that your memory is set on 2267, i use uber V2 timings and my memory max out to 2100 with few EDC errors and i set such clock to the test. Firestrike do not benefit a lot on memory actually it will increse the score by 100-200 graphic points. Let sa that RX 480 is a mid range card and CPU do not limit this card.
As far as i know your are using old drivers 16. 09 or 12 i dont remmeber, these drivers boost a bit FireStrike score, I was using latest 17.3.3.
Summary: 1410/2100 with uber V2 timings.
Time for magic: 14727 Performance Firestrike comparing to your 14801
So, let's validate the statements which i saw in your posts which to be honest were stonishing for me:
1. You said that using some exotic thermal compound on VRM will increse FPS - BUSTED
- my VRM is burnning and i did that to prove that your statement is false, VRM temperature is absolutely irrelevant before you reach the threshold of 115 C degrees and you will find such information in this thread in other posts as well. This is the way how VRM works. You can improve thermal conductivity and maybe lower a bit power efficiency and work culture. That's all, for sure it will do not impact FPS in direct way.
2. You said that cooling of some cold chips on the PCB has extended your performance capabilities - BUSTED
- irrelevant for performance, i do not have any heatsinks on mentioned chips, most of them are cold, no impact on FireStrike score.
3 . You said that you have scored 15800 in Firestrike performance run on ~1416 core and 2266 mem - BUSTED
- score do not lie, usually
The real score is around 14800 points and it is very predictable score. Bare in mind that on core set 1410-1420 and dicent voltage around 1.21-1.23 your card will start to exceeding power budget = power throttling. If you didn't extend the power limit in bios your card will slightly throttle due to insufficient power budget,
There is no reason to romanticize RX 480, it's a very good card in resonable price range. There is no need to falsify the results of this card.
I'm open to discuss about above, if you can proove this mistical 15800 graphic score i will be very interrested to have a look on that.
Thanks for the score, you can enter the link as well, then we can have a look on the overall setup.Edited by Na1l - 3/30/17 at 10:05am