Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) - Page 37

post #361 of 4831
Thread Starter 
Temps? 50° after FireStrike : p
Low temps help a lot ! Stay under 65-70° if possible
post #362 of 4831
I'm not sure how stable they were but I needed 1.2V for 1445MHz and ~1.32V for 1500MHz.
post #363 of 4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaleramon View Post

Temps? 50° after FireStrike : p
Low temps help a lot ! Stay under 65-70° if possible

Yeah I know, but its water-cooled, and the cooler is reasonably potent, Firestrike around 60 with whisper quiet fan profile, and around 50 with something more aggressive, at 1400mhz, but I need the same voltage at both temps, tested. Was thinking about the ASIC value, GPUz says higher values mean lower OCs under water, mine is 79%, so that is also a match smile.gif
post #364 of 4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeper-blue View Post

I'm not sure how stable they were but I needed 1.2V for 1445MHz and ~1.32V for 1500MHz.

Any ideea if 1.32 is safe-ish for long-time use?
post #365 of 4831
Thread Starter 
14nm guys... 1.35-1.4v is a little high even for 28nm hawaii...I'm not very confortable using more than 1.2-1.25v for long periods... Even if power and temps are in check
post #366 of 4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaleramon View Post

14nm guys... 1.35-1.4v is a little high even for 28nm hawaii...I'm not very confortable using more than 1.2-1.25v for long periods... Even if power and temps are in check

I agree, for daily use I would want to stay around 1.2V too. AMD set the Wattman limit to 1.15V for a reason. Will be interesting to see what the non reference boards will have for clocks+voltage defaults.
post #367 of 4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaleramon View Post

14nm guys... 1.35-1.4v is a little high even for 28nm hawaii...I'm not very confortable using more than 1.2-1.25v for long periods... Even if power and temps are in check

To clarify, I want to keep it/use it until Vega comes out, so around 6 months (hopefully), got this one more for fun and testing, first reference design I had, so not really loooooong use wanted, and until then I want to push it as high as possible, with little regards to longevity...but ofc frying it in 1-2 months is not wanted biggrin.gif

So, the question should have been, will it last 6 months at around 1.25 - 1.3 max? biggrin.gif I know it could last, or not, but not super familiar with what the "safe" margins for this chip are, hence the question wink.gif
post #368 of 4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix39 View Post

To clarify, I want to keep it/use it until Vega comes out, so around 6 months (hopefully), got this one more for fun and testing, first reference design I had, so not really loooooong use wanted, and until then I want to push it as high as possible, with little regards to longevity...but ofc frying it in 1-2 months is not wanted biggrin.gif

So, the question should have been, will it last 6 months at around 1.25 - 1.3 max? biggrin.gif I know it could last, or not, but not super familiar with what the "safe" margins for this chip are, hence the question wink.gif

If you keep the temps below 60C i think it will be okay. Well my 7970 survived almost 3 years using 1.45 but with temps <30C
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
post #369 of 4831
Anyone see these blown up pics of the AIB card yet? Came out today!

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/some-pics-of-rx-480-aib-and-a-bonus.224266/
post #370 of 4831
I dont have windows anymore so I need to made the changes via remote or quickly with some friend over his house. I want to lower the speed of gpu/memory & voltage. I am aiming better effiency. I dont need that much speed.

Can you suggest how should I modify the settings? I opened once a gpu bios via polaris editor and it had only 1000mv voltage for memory at speed 2000mhz and 300mhz.

Also some timing tables had odd numbers like 65499 or something like that. Has anyone modified the max temperatures, tdp and similar settings and they do work?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx )