Originally Posted by willyum32
I just installed a fresh OEM copy of Windows 7 Professional. After entering the product key, it states, activation period expired even though I purchased this a week ago from B&H Photo. When I try to reenter the key it tells me invalid product key. I cannot seem to get support for Windows 7, every page I try to find a number for it takes me to the Windows 10 support page. I tried chatroom support and the employee tells me, please contact Microsoft and then leaves right after. Any advice at help would be appreciated, thank you.
1) Click on "Start" type winver and then press enter.
2) Does the window that appear say that you have Windows 7 Professional. If Yes proceed to step 3. If no there's your problem.
3) Go to this web site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/menu/software/
4) Click on Windows. If asked to logged in please log-in to you Microsoft Account (i.e. @outlook.com; @hotmail.com; @live.com; @msn.com). If you do not have a Microsoft account, proceed to step 5.
5) Call Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-us
Special Note: If you go through Phone or Chat, the support for any kind of activation issue is FREE. You don't need to pay for anything at all as long as you have a valid product key of course.
Hope these steps help.