Originally Posted by renejr902
im still thinking that nvidia know they cant release a titan card with a price much higher than 1000$, otherwise most people will wait for the 1080ti, like me. While waiting for a titan, i bought the 1070 instead of 1080, because my goal is to buy the titan or 1080ti, and by that time, i think the 1080 will got a higher price drop compared to 1070. anyway for me 1070 like 1080 are too weak for 4k at 60hz so i dont care much, i just cant live with the integrated intel gpu anymore lol. when i sold my 970 2 months ago, it was for buying a titan in april,may, rumor said it was possible at that time. i agree with the fact that nvidia should release titan soon and then wait 6 months for 1080ti. titan is not really for the same people that buy 1070 or 1080, titan is so much expensive.
To release the Titan earlier it give them right to price the Titan above $1000, aka early adopter tax. It probably make more sense to release the card at higher price now and den cut down to $999 after a few month than to release it at $999 after a few month.
Another thing you all fail to realised, There are 2 Titan variants, did the source even mentioned if both will be release at the same timeframe? What if the smaller titan is out in Sept, bigger Titan is out in Dec and 1080 Ti is out March 2017? At the price of $999, $1199+ and $799 respectively?
All the source point out it could be 50% faster than 1080, but none of them can confirm if Pascal Titan will be indeed full flat out 3840 cores. If you see carefully the fastest P100 Tesla NVLink only has 3584 cores available. And the PCIe variant is 13% slower, putting it around the performance of 3200 Cores at 1.45GHz.
What if the 3200 cores is the one that is coming out in Sept, there is just too many possibility, but as you can see they are ALOT of configuration u can play around with GP100. Its really too early to conclude they wont be out. Who know they could cut out enough pattern for them to milk the market in the next 12-18 months.