Originally Posted by st0necold
Guys is the Titan P pretty much confirmed for August?
Was going to pick up 2 1080 FE's to replace my 980ti's but read that titan P will drop in August. Any advice?
Titan P is still unreliable rumor
, wouldn't count on it if I were you. I'd still wait in your case for chaper AIB 1080 to come in stock. While FE are not bad card themsleves there is no point in paying $700 just to have them when AIBs are chaper and have more potential when people figure out a 1.15-1.25V volt modded bios for 1080. If you are going for dual blower SLI with or without Waterblock, cheap blower variant shoould also have better stock in a week or two.
Plenty of evidence/track record goes against a early(2016) Titan P release
- The OG Titan is most comparable to the Titan P(first big chip gaming product on a new process), and that one took 11 month after 680.
- AMD is totally noncompetitive at the high end, latest Vega estimate isn't Q1 2017 and the "490" seems to be 480 CFX on 1 card(slower than 1080 at 2X the power consumption), the card NV should release next is 1050 and/or 1050Ti to compete with 460/470 that's coming next, I'd venture to guess those are the cards that will be announced at Gamescon instead of the Titan P.
- HBM2 avaliablity still unclear and a GK100 based Titan P need those. GP102 is just a chiphell invention with no accurate proof.
Also, Titan P at any likely price point($1K+) wouldn't hurt 1080 resale value, so your 1080 decision shouldn't really be impacted by a imminent Titan P even if that were the case.Edited by sherlock - 7/9/16 at 10:26am