Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Various] Pascal Titan could be 50% faster than the GeForce GTX 1080 - Rumoured to launch in August
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Pascal Titan could be 50% faster than the GeForce GTX 1080 - Rumoured to launch in August - Page 69  

post #681 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Patekar View Post

You're talking like an GP100/GP102 product isn't already being tested by nVidia. They're not going to brand or release it until market forces justify its existence. Why should they launch their big chip as a 1080 TI and cannibalize 1080 GTX sales when AMD didn't even announce a Vega SKU yet. AMD don't even want to talk about Vega yet. Like with the 780, nVidia are sitting on it.
Or release factory overclocked 1080s. Think a little bit.. if they can sell a 300 mm^2 die for 600-700 bucks why on earth would they want to sell a 600 mm^2 for less than 1200-1400? Its wishful thinking! Much like expecting intel to release an 8 core desktop processor for 300$. They can, but they won't unless AMD forces them with Zen.
Why? nVidia is a corporation, they aren't your friend. The 1080 GTX is faster than your 980 TI, that's your upgrade. (or the 1400$ Titan P).
Extreme edition processors are luxury items.. just look at their price. They have more in common with the Xeon line (which has a large market with increasing needs, despite lack of competition. You can thank data servers or "the cloud" for that.) And that 10 core monster chip.. I'd rather get its equivalent Xeon which costs less hahahaha

I'm talking about the desktop variants.. they are all 4 core, 8 threads with similar clock speeds. As for the Titan you're actually proving my point.. there was no competition so they packaged GK100s into a hybrid gaming/workstation card they sold for 1000$. They'll do the same with GP100/GP102, they'll sell it like a luxury item, not a 1080 TI.
Sorry guy, i dont agree much with you on several points, they know a lot of owners of 980ti will wait for a 1080ti , they need to make money with them...
post #682 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by renejr902 View Post

Sorry guy, i dont agree much with you on several points
Yes, that's a crushing argument you made there lol.

Tech enthusiasts meet business, business meet tech enthusiast.
post #683 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

the whole X80 --> Titan --> X80 Ti has worked excellent for them with Maxwell, and why would it change now
Exactly what i think !
post #684 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Patekar View Post

Yes, that's a crushing argument you made there lol.

Tech enthusiasts meet business, business meet tech enthusiast.
im from Montreal too, but im not sure we will become friend lol , we dont seem to understand each other , but dont worry everyone has right to his own opinion wink.gif

Nvidia knows that a lot of owners of 980ti will wait for a 1080ti , they need to make money with them... They need to sell them cards, for more money and to keep them, if they dont release 1080ti , maybe it will because Volta is near and they dont care about pascal much, but i will be surprised! I think they will still release 1080ti to crush amd even if their cards are weak vs 1080. Sometime unfortunately, i think radeon videocard will die within two years and amd will focus on cpu and sell radeon departement OR concentrate videocards only for consoles and apu
Edited by renejr902 - 7/12/16 at 7:06am
post #685 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by renejr902 View Post

im from Montreal too, but im not sure we will become friend lol , we dont seem to understand each other , but dont worry everyone has right to his own opinion
History never repeats but it rhymes. This is my prediction:

1080 GTX -> Titan P

if no Vega (very long delay), time passes and 1180 GTX is based on GP100/GP102
if Vega is delayed, 1080TI is delayed
if Vega isn't competitive, time passes and 1180 GTX is based on GP100/GP102
if Vega is competitive, 1080 TI to beat it
if Vega is competitive with 1080 TI, expect Volta sooner than later

Personally I'm hoping for the last two options; they are the best for all consumers. But I don't take anything for granted... we could see another 680 GTX -> Titan -> 780 GTX should AMD stumble again.

As for Montreal, who cares?
post #686 of 956
If Volta comes out sooner, does that mean the DGX-1's successor comes out earlier too?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 evga 680i a1 XFX 5770 11.7_Drivers_Aug15-2011) 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320 GB SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x86 22inch display 1680x1050 750W Silverstone 
Case
antec 900 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 evga 680i a1 XFX 5770 11.7_Drivers_Aug15-2011) 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320 GB SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x86 22inch display 1680x1050 750W Silverstone 
Case
antec 900 
  hide details  
post #687 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Patekar View Post

History never repeats but it rhymes. This is my prediction:

1080 GTX -> Titan P

if no Vega (very long delay), time passes and 1180 GTX is based on GP100/GP102
if Vega is delayed, 1080TI is delayed
if Vega isn't competitive, time passes and 1180 GTX is based on GP100/GP102
if Vega is competitive, 1080 TI to beat it
if Vega is competitive with 1080 TI, expect Volta sooner than later

Personally I'm hoping for the last two options; they are the best for all consumers. But I don't take anything for granted... we could see another 680 GTX -> Titan -> 780 GTX should AMD stumble again.

As for Montreal, who cares?
Your scenario is still possible, but its not what i think, we will see in near future, i think time has changed and TI will be present nearly in each generation. Maxell prove it worth it and maximise profit. About montreal thing i just said that like a joke.
post #688 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by renejr902 View Post

Your scenario is still possible, but its not what i think, we will see in near future, i think time has changed and TI will be present nearly in each generation. Maxell prove it worth it and maximise profit. About montreal thing i just said that like a joke.

Except the 980 TI was launched to preempt AMD's fury launch by a few weeks. Had there been no fury, would there have been a 980 TI?

Like i said in a previous post, nVidia doesn't exist in a vacuum. They compete and they maximize profits. That's why we never saw a 680 TI.
post #689 of 956
there will be a Vega, so there will be a 1080Ti

believe it ! redface.gif
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
post #690 of 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

there will be a Vega, so there will be a 1080Ti

believe it ! redface.gif

Oh I want to believe Vega will kick ass and be on time.. but.. AMD doesn't have the best track record right now -_-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Various] Pascal Titan could be 50% faster than the GeForce GTX 1080 - Rumoured to launch in August